• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

justjohn

Steroyd said:
Not anymore, I'm looking for a job right now (yay free time :/ ) I might join a Uni course next year, depends what I do from now.
well lucky you. i've got one more year in uni until i join you on the unemployment list. anyway enjoy the game.

Basch

deepbrown said:
A 9.5/10 from ExtremeGamer has been added to G********** making the average 90% :.

I beat you to it this time. :D By the way, I figured out why Uncharted is not being mentioned in the Game of the Year Awards for X-Play very much. Well... I saw that an episode with an Uncharted review was coming up so I let the DVR record it overnight. Before I left home, I quickly perused through the episode and low behold...

4 Shiny Stars out of 5
*cough* Ratchet lovers. *cough*

I don't have an N4G account, so you can add it deep. :D I don't know if I want to anyways.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I 'found' the Strange Relic. Had to look in the FAQ to see the location though. Deepbrown's location description completely threw me off. I hate using FAQs for something I decided to do on my own, but I can safely say I'd probably miss it again if I didn't know where to look. It couldn't be in a more prominent, and yet more non-obvious place.

Steroyd said:
How do you unlock the crushing difficulty?
Complete the game on Hard.

Kittonwy

Banned
Marconelly said:
I 'found' the Strange Relic. Had to look in the FAQ to see the location though. Deepbrown's location description completely threw me off. I hate using FAQs for something I decided to do on my own, but I can safely say I'd probably miss it again if I didn't know where to look. It couldn't be in a more prominent, and yet more non-obvious place.

Damn when I was getting my 60 treasures the faq wasn't even up yet.
angry.gif

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ill borrow that smiley to describe my current emotion.

Lots of people here have it already but my local shops get it tomorrow. LAME.
angry.gif

YYZ

Kittonwy said:
Damn when I was getting my 60 treasures the faq wasn't even up yet.
angry.gif
I believe it was up before that. Are you guys talking about my FAQ? I took it down from fucking CNET sites (GameFAQs, which is unfortunate). I might put it back up around Christmas because people should be getting this game as Christmas presents. My heart says no, but my rational thought says yes.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
You know you like a game when this happens....

I had a dream last night that there were hidden Uncharted 2 hints in the game.

deepbrown

Marconelly said:

how did it throw you off!? lol. It's how I found it...the camera moved strangely for a strange POV when I jumped through a window...I went to explore and low and behold.

Oh and CVG 9/10 http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-90686.aspx

deepbrown

The Chef said:
Im stoked to hear this
Naturally if they add more of the 8's it'll go down. But if they do that THEY should add more of the 9's. Just depends how they get the scores, since it's not user submitted. It's all down to the websites themselves. And they should be clever enough to email g***********s since publishers will get more interested in their website and send them free stuff.

Kittonwy

Banned
YYZ said:
I believe it was up before that. Are you guys talking about my FAQ? I took it down from fucking CNET sites (GameFAQs, which is unfortunate). I might put it back up around Christmas because people should be getting this game as Christmas presents. My heart says no, but my rational thought says yes.

Yeah I think when you were putting up your list I was like maybe five or six short of 60 and was just going through crushing trying to get them, I didn't remember whether you had the locations up though so I ended up looking for them on my own. I think there was one that I had to make a nasty diagonal jump off a staircase to get.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
deepbrown said:
how did it throw you off!? lol. It's how I found it...the camera moved strangely for a strange POV when I jumped through a window...I went to explore and low and behold.
What window are you talking about?
The J&D Precursor Orb / Relic is on the top of that ruin, and you have to jump over to it's roof

The Chef said:
Im stoked to hear this
Heh, it probably won't last long with X-play's review :p

Basch

Firewire said:
wha? so it has AAA status now? :D

I like it how you implied that, originally, Uncharted was not a AAA title (high budget, quality, etc...). I guess back then it didn't have nearly high enough production values. But now it does? :lol

AKS

SFGamer said:
Just wanted to pop in here and say I just beat the game and it was one of the better games I played all year. The best thing about the game was the pacing I couldn't put the game down.

A great game it was, but I don't think it was my GOTY for two reasons. 1. I beat the game in 7 hours and 30 mins and 2. the jet ski levels were a big let down. Other then that great great great game.

See if you can beat "crushing" in 7 h, 30 min.

deepbrown

"Best physics in a game, but why not incorporate the rag doll physics on downed enemies? I know they are there, but they only react when you run over them. Nothing happens when you shoot them. What was the reason behind this?

Actually we had the bodies reacting to bullets all the way up until the last couple of weeks of development. It came down to a ratings issue, and we really didn’t think that it was worth the risk of receiving a more mature rating for such a small feature.

There are beautifully animated fish in the water, but I can’t shoot them?

Same thing here. We had hit reactions and even some death animations for the wildlife in the game but we chose to remove it. It was flagged as a potential issue by the ESRB and it seemed like a small concession to make in order to maintain our “Teen” rating. It may have also affected the rating in Europe."

OH NOESSSSS....BITTER SWEET from Evan

deepbrown

Marconelly said:
What window are you talking about?
The J&D Precursor Orb / Relic is on the top of that ruin, and you have to jump over to it's roof

Heh, it probably won't last long with X-play's review :p
Below there are two "windows" without glass. if you jump through them the camera pulls back up to show the location of the relic ;)

GottiDC said:
THAT NEW WALLPAPER REALLY LOOKS GOOD WITHE THE UNCHARTED THEME....
S6300001.jpg

nice thanks for them both to the guys who posted them

Wow that looks even better than I thought It would glad you like it man.
Oh and Marconelly theme is by far the best one for the ps3.

I don't know if this has been touched upon but I just want to say hats off to Naughty Dog for having game status in the "Saved Data Utility" folder for this game. It tells you how long you've been playing, % complete, no. of medals/treasures collected etc. Very, very handy and I just wish more PS3 games incorporated such a thing. In fact it should be mandatory.

Great game too. Later on put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth and I wish those parts weren't there but overall I can't fault it. In fact I'm now on my 3rd play through. Collecting those medal points is very addictive (thanks to the rewards on offer). So far I've accumulated 710 points. I may even attempt Crushing. Have to say though I'd probably recommend the game be played on Hard mode straight away as it's not too tough but a good challenge. Plus you'll get more points at the end.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Wow that looks even better than I thought It would glad you like it man.
Oh and Marconelly theme is by far the best one for the ps3.

i'm a total newb when it comes to using the ps3 other then a blue ray/game player. How do I do this! How to I get this magnificent theme! OMG I WANT!

If someone can get me a sweet screenshot of
El Dorado
I will bless you with a thousand years of life.

kbear said:
Look here.. ThreeSpeech interview with Evan Wells: http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=766

Thats a really great interview cant wait for part 2.
It makes sense that you couldn't further decimate the dead guys as a rating issue.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
i'm a total newb when it comes to using the ps3 other then a blue ray/game player. How do I do this! How to I get this magnificent theme! OMG I WANT!

Do you know how to change your wallpaper?
Or do you just need to know how to add a theme?

This is from the Us.Playstation Boards

How to transfer Backgrounds to your PS3 [Using Portable Memory Device]

1. Download a Background Collection and save it to your Desktop.
2. Go to your Desktop and right-click the file. Choose the [Extract to “File Name\”] option.
3. Plug in PMD (Portable Memory Device -Memory Stick, Compact Flash, SD card or USB Flashdrive) to your computer.
4. Transfer your extracted folder (located on your Desktop) to anywhere on your PMD.
5. Unplug PMD from your computer. Plug it into your PS3.
6. On the PS3 XMB go to your Photo section.
7. Highlight (Hover over) the PMD and press [Triangle].
8. Select [Display All] from the options menu.
9. Locate "Backgrounds" folder. Press Triangle.
10. Select [Copy] from the action menu and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.

How to set Photo as Background

When viewing a photo, simply bring up the options screen by pressing the [Triangle] button and selecting "Set As Wallpaper" from the options displayed.

HOW TO INSTALL A THEME:

How to install themes:
All themes files (.p3t) need to be saved to a memory card/HDD/CD/DVD/USB thumbstick, in the following directory structure:

/PS3/THEME/<theme file>

1. Create a folder titled: PS3
2. Inside the PS3 folder, make another folder titled: THEME
3. Put all the themes you have inside the THEME folder.
4. Plug your USB drive to your PS3 and on the XMB, select:

Then go to: Settings>Theme Settings>Theme>Install (hidden at the top)>
and then select your theme you wish to install.

Raist

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Talking about the theme :D

You have to DL it directly on your PS3 (if it's hosted on filecrunch), or place it in an SD card or a USB key for instance, inside a THEME folder, itself placed inside a PS3 folder. Plug whatever you used in the PS3, go to settings > theme settings, chosse install. It should automatically highlight the drive you used. Install it, go back to theme settings, and apply the theme you installed.

The link for this theme should be around in this thread, or in the PS3 custom theme thread, don't have the url sorry :p

BruceLeeRoy said:
K added instructions for the theme just check above.

Thank you guys so much. I'll be keeping the Uncharted theme on my ps3 for a long time to come. Easily my favorite ps3 game. EASY!

Just thinking of ideas for the second game are driving my mind to the brink. I also think that whatever they do, they need to keep the series more rooted in realism with just a dash of
supernatural type
elements, just like they did in this one. :D

Dizzan

MINI Member
Fiiiiinally got my copy yesterday.

Only played the first few levels but I love it. More puzzle/platforming than I expected but after playing the demo a thousand times, I'm really looking forward to more gunplay.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Thank you guys so much. I'll be keeping the Uncharted theme on my ps3 for a long time to come. Easily my favorite ps3 game. EASY!
Here's the link to the latest version of the theme (same one I posted a few pages back)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2D9VPCX9

If you want to use the wallpaper made by Bruce instead of the ones included in the theme, you'll have to save and copy his wallpaper to PS3 as well, and then set it to override theme's default wallpapers.

Basch

Hey, guys, steve updated the OP with most of the review scores. If you catch any more, let us know. The average is at 90.23%. Forget G***********! We are better than they! :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Raist said:
Anyone ? :(

I have like no clue as to what to do with those codes.
You use those to unlock some additional behind the scenes videos, two bonus concept art galleries, and a baseball shirt skin for Drake.

Just go to rewards screen and enter those codes one by one. There should be I think 5 of them

I was just thinking about something you know those
hidden totem pole
looking things that when you walk by it asks you to hit L2 and then Nate says something like....hmmmm interesting. Does that have any signifigance to anything?

Basch

BruceLeeRoy said:
I was just thinking about something you know those
hidden totem pole
looking things that when you walk by it asks you to hit L2 and then Nate says something like....hmmmm interesting. Does that have any signifigance to anything?

Spoiler?

There fixed. :D Now...

*Chanting to self* See no evil, hear no evil, do no evil. :lol

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Basch said:
I don't have an answer. Haven't played the game. :D Just thought if it did mean anything, it could mean spoilers. Sorry if I gave you any ideas.

Heh, :) just hoping someone could let us know. I'm 3/4 of the way through, so if it's something that becomes evident soon, I'll probably find out tonight.

I just kept running across them and wondered if they were there for any reason other than atmosphere.

Top Bottom