• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Series Surpasses 13 Million Units

Mikey Jr.

The best exclusive franchise to come out of the PS3, everything else has kinda been good/mediocre.

Killzone had potential in my opinion.

They fucked it up with 3, but I really loved 2. They could have really expanded 2, especially with multiplayer. It could have been something really unique.

Anyways, fuck yeah, Uncharted 3. The first one was kinda ok, I didn't really have high hopes for it. 2 was fuck awesome in terms of singleplayer, but the MP didn't hook me that much. It was enjoyable, but not really addicting. 3 though, holy shit. I fucking love everything about it. The SP was great, and the MP is like crack for me. I already have like 70 hours logged onto it, which is extremely rare for me to put so many hours into a multiplayer game.

Concept17

Deserves even more, considering the quality of many titles with higher sales.

Uncharted is definitely the series that needs to stick around into the new console cycle. Others like Resistance, Ratchet, Killzone, and Socom need a break/re-imagining.

Ravage

Hey Naughty Dog ignore the lunatics in this thread, the Uncharted series is the single greatest new franchise this generation, stick to this and you're onto another winner next gen.

Unless of course you will return to the Jak and Daxter series ;)

After the stellar UC3, i'll be really sad if ND decides to move on from the series next gen. Hope to see UC4 as a PS4 launch title :)

jax (old)

Banned
Deserves even more, considering the quality of many titles with higher sales.

Uncharted is definitely the series that needs to stick around into the new console cycle. Others like Resistance, Ratchet, Killzone, and Socom need a break/re-imagining.

notice how 2 of them are from insomniac? Funny they're called that when their games put me to sleep.

tzare

well deserved. Best new IP this generation for me. I hope they make more games, but maybe they should slow down and release every 3 years instead of 2 year cicle so they can try new things.
As others have said, Uncharted 4 should be a PS4 launch window game.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Seriously, the Uncharted games look so gorgeous at this point all I need is a good story. Nothing else really even needs tweaking for me. So as long as the game had a decent story, they could bring out Uncharted 4 tomorrow and I wouldn't consider it rushed or "milked".

Actually, as long as they can keep the standards of the past 2 games, I wouldn't care if they brought out a new one every year, though I suppose that could make people lethargic in time. I'm not normally one to encourage this kind of thing either, I just bloody love the series, knowing you've gotta wait 2 years for the next story is painful.

How come Assassins Creed gets games every year! :p

However, about Naughty Dog going on to a new IP... Well as much as I respect Naughty Dogs talents, all I'll say is this, it isn't easy making an "Uncharted". They've found a formula here that has really taken off. And while I'm sure Naughty Dog could create an amazing new property I doubt it'll reach the success of Uncharted. I'm not an expert, just my general feelings.

Either way, congratulations to Naughty Dog. While not every Uncharted game will be showered with GOTY awards and hit 96 on metacritic, your games are still top on the pile, an amazing joy to play, and just damn fun. Long live the Uncharted series!

LBP2 sold worse then first one, at least in NA. If I remember correctly NPD numbers.
Cute game, but gameplay is very basic.

LBP2 outsold the first game, comparing months released. Also, LBP1 released in November, LBP2 released in Jan.

Anyways, great news for Uncharted, my favorite new IP this generation along with Gears and Bayonetta. I'm in the camp that would like to see a new IP out of ND next, i've gotten 3 Uncharted games, i'm good. But i'm not gonna complain if/when a new Uncharted gets announced.

Good news for ND, well deserved. Not sure I want more sequels/spinoffs though, God of war syndrome could hurt the franchise. ND should do something new.

Replicant

Despite my annoyance for some of the aspects in UC3, the series is still my favorite. It's definitely the best Sony's 1st party game for me this gen. They really need to expand their team though. It does sound they were stretched to their limit for UC3 release.

As for their next game, of course I still want new Uncharted game but I wouldn't mind waiting a few years for the next one. As for new IP, I hope ND tries RPG or Horror games. I definitely don't want them to go back to their animal/furries talking characters days (Crash/Jak/Daxter).

Violater

3 pages Gaf is slipping
ioijU.gif

I kid of course good for them, I hope to get a chance to play U3 this Christmas

Satchel

Banned
Hopefully for the sake of sanity, it has sold through almost as many as that.

It's good when good games get the sales they deserve.

But I still hope Naughty Dog stick to their own rule of changing IPs with each new generation. I'd seriously love a new Jak and Daxter though.

narca

Banned
Hopefully for the sake of sanity, it has sold through almost as many as that.

It's good when good games get the sales they deserve.

But I still hope Naughty Dog stick to their own rule of changing IPs with each new generation. I'd seriously love a new Jak and Daxter though.

This. There's a lot they could do with a new Jak and Daxter.

Good for them, but we'll see how the next one does.

I think from the reaction in the posts in NeoGAF we might be seeing a small series fatigue, kinda like with Gears of War 3.

Well done guys.

This is easily my favourite franchise this gen but we wouldn't have it if ND didn't gamble on a new franchise. So I hope next gen they try something new. I hope when they announce a new U, it actually surprises us, like years from now after they released two new games, they announce U4. And I hope they continue to fuse tech into the gameplay and take it even further. They started this with U2 but really expanded it with U3. There's a lot they can do with this franchise.

Congrats to ND for making my favorite IP this gen! UC1 was my system seller and my love for the series is still strong.

As much as I want ND to try a new IP next gen, I'd love to see U4 on the next Sony console for sure. Oh and throw in UnKarted please - I want to be able to "race" in Sully's plane. :)

J-Rzez

Good for them. Best new IP of this gen, and it set the standards for what's expected at the very least from other devs next-gen. I hope they don't give up on the Uncharted series, it's one of the few I can honestly say deserves to be carried on into next gen. Besides, an Uncharted launch window game from ND would be a AAA game that will push systems at launch, and generate hype. Plus let's not forget that ND will be one of those devs that shows us what we can expect from new hardware.

Killzone had potential in my opinion.

They fucked it up with 3, but I really loved 2. They could have really expanded 2, especially with multiplayer. It could have been something really unique.

They had screwed up already with KZ2, such massive amounts of hype and nonsense behind the game and it came out with a whimper. It developed a small fanbase, but not the kind of success the game of it's hype level should have achieved. The damage was done, people act like KZ3 made things worse but it really didn't, the hype for KZ had been greatly deflated by all the negativity behind 2 and alot of the disappointment by players after it's release. Despite it's fan club on gaf, the official thread was packed with negativity and it was seen all over the internet. KZ3 didn't kill the franchise, KZ2 really did despite being a decent game that simply didn't live up to expectations and fanboy war material. KZ3 came out to muted sales, it was pretty much expected, yet despite good reviews it still didn't light up any charts and it didn't get any major marketing muscle behind it needed to push a AAA blockbuster nowadays.

I'm interested in seeing where they take the franchise next. Can only imagine what a new console would allow those guys to do. Obviously I want them to move unto new as well, but I could see their first next generation console game being UC4.

I'd love to have Drake explore some larger areas. Wonder if they'll be able to allow more freedom in areas while still maintaining that cinematic feel their great at. Would love to see different environments as well. It would be could to have an actual underwater/scubbadiving mission. We didn't actually get to see that in the first UC.

Anyways, those are just some thought I had.

Vorg

Banned
Just finished Uncharted 2 about 10 minutes ago and let me tell you. It's such an amazing game. Everything in the game is great. Graphics, gameplay, characters, level design, story, soundtrack... While I mostly hated the experience in Uncharted 1 (which I finished not long ago and even made an LTTP thread for), Uncharted 2 is a completely different beast. I desperately want to play the third one now. So yeah, well deserved.

Top Bottom