• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Launching August 22, $39.99

SMG

Nice. We need more games released in the Summer.

I need that video up asap ND!

EDIT? $40?? I called it. Hopefully this means a 6+ hour campaign. i will be fine with it as long as its action packed and has only 30 minutes of walking/platforming.
That would be burn out city, pacing is more important than cramming in as much action as possible.

Lingitiz

Has Chloe always been really knowledgeable on history? I don't super recall everything, but I seem to remember her being more of a shoot first ask questions later type.

Curious to see where the dynamic between her and Nadine goes, but I hope they aren't just painting her to be female Nathan Drake.

DrD

Comes with one of Naughty Dog's best games, that's pretty awesome. The Lost Legacy and The Precursor Legacy, how did I not see this until now?

magawolaz

sistaNR.gif
Lord...
Nate, you dun goofed

VeeP

Has Chloe always been really knowledgeable on history? I don't super recall everything, but I seem to remember her being more of a shoot first ask questions later type.

Curious to see where the dynamic between her and Nadine goes, but I hope they aren't just painting her to be female Nathan Drake.

In the first part of Uncharted 2, when she's introduced, she knew more than Harry Flynn about Marco Polo/etc.

Is this how Sony plans to get Naughty Dog on a yearly schedule?

Release one big game one year, and then come out with the "DLC" release the next?

Cautiously hyped. Love the setting, but didn't they say something about bigger and more open levels?. I preferred the linear part of Madagascar (clock tower, shootout, chase) to the driving around in the open.

Release one big game one year, and then come out with the "DLC" release the next?
I doubt it since TLoU 2 won't be coming next year. I think we can expect for this to be the way they handle major releases/standalone games though.

vivekTO

I mean you won't see the Next big game earlier than 2019, so its not yet a yearly schedule unless they release some kind of remaster or small game in 2018.

Curufinwe

Oh cool. Physical release. Nice. Not too keen on the box art, but it's not bad at all. Chloe looks so different, though? Or maybe I just don't remember her face so well since I didn't care about her.

I was going to buy the season pass when they announced the price for this standalone single player DLC would be higher, but then I realized with two PS4s and two people who want to play it in my house it makes much more sense to buy it on a disc.

And with the Amazon/Best Buy discount it'll be $32.

Gbraga

Not feeling it. They talk about wanting it to feel more like the previous games, but the gameplay they show is holding forward, and the trailer they show is a dialogue cutscene.

These two things by themselves aren't the end of the world, and I could enjoy them as part of the game, but I'm not seeing them backing up their claims yet. They kept talking about going back to the Uncharted mentality after The Last of Us in interviews, but the game was quite different, not the same tone at all.

A lot of people loved it, but it wasn't for me, so I'll wait for impressions from people who dislike 4 as well before grabbing this one.

I love Chloe, though, so that counts a lot.

Cautiously hyped. Love the setting, but didn't they say something about bigger and more open levels?. I preferred the linear part of Madagascar (clock tower, shootout, chase) to the driving around in the open.

Yeah, I agree with that as well. Not a fan of their approach to "wide linear" at all.

The Last of Us had just the right size to its levels, and the right amount of exploration with rewarding gameplay and narrative to go with it.

farisr

$50 CAD? Good thing I got that expansion pass. If it's good I'll eventually pick up the physical version for cheap a few months down the line for collection purposes.

spekkeh

Banned
Dat lingering shot of Chloe's ass, lol.

Anyway, I though Left Behind was much better than The Last of Us, so I'm hoping for a similar bump in quality here.

Griss

On the one hand, ouch at that price.

On the other hand, this looks more interesting to me than the base game, and by a considerable margin. Just wasn't a fan of where they took the story in UC4.

In!

That's a cheap looking box art though, like it makes the game look like it came from a B tier studio. Hopefully it is reversible or they change it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
That would be burn out city, pacing is more important than cramming in as much action as possible.

better than bore city thief's end. a 4-6 hour campaign doesnt need to be paced all that well. the game will surely have puzzles and already has large areas you can explore.

Yep, near constant action can be just as bad as too much walking/talking.

UC4 just had pacing issues anyway. There was enough combat but they had entire sections devoted to walking/talking and it messed up the flow.

Top Bottom