• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Launching August 22, $39.99

I think it's a combination of great graphics + ridiculous attention to detail (skin with marks, sweat, pores, etc) + just unmatched (IMO) animation. And this final bit is the "big one" for me.

The way the characters move, talk, look, breath...they LOOK and FEEL real. Like a person you could see on the train one day, really.

That's what I think really sets apart their games from similar ones graphically and in how they feel, if that makes sense.

Yeah I get you, you laid it out better than I could've.
No game has touched U4's animations since it came out, doesn't help I've seen way too much ME: A lately (different games I know!)

Now make the high quality ass gif from this.

Dunno why I laughed so hard at this!

Anung

Un Rama
sistaNR.gif

We're gonna miss that arse.

I hope there is way more shooting and less talking while climbing. Uncharted 4 really wasn't that great for me while Uncharted 2+3 are among my favorite games of all time. That new trailer isn't very reassuring :-\

40€ for a standalone-addon is a lot. But maybe this is a sequel in disguise with reused assets and the same engine. I am fine with that when the play-time is around 8 hours or so.

Wow, they basically made an entirely new single player campaign.

At 10 hours, I think I might like it even better than Uncharted 4, will be more tight and concise, which is what I want out of an Uncharted game.

Hats off to ND, this and TLoU II at the same time?? Insanity

Yikes!

So glad I bought the Season Pass for £20. I've not even touched the UC4 multiplayer but bought it purely because had a feeling this expansion was gonna be huge.

Saying that I'd have still bought it anyway. If it's close to rumoured 10h and includes the MP then it's just about worth it at full price (especially for those who don't own UC4).

Looks like playing the long game paid off for us!

I just realised, this means they're probably gonna drip feed the Jak games.
I'm looking forward to playing Jak X, Ape Escape 3
and Half Life 3
when they come out on the same day.

AudioEppa

You see, adventuring and risking life and limb is all great and fun in your twenties and thirties, but you gotta grow up eventually.

Elena is an adult, a down-to-earth human woman, fully realised with quirks and personality that go beyond just 'sexpot vixen'.

Elena is an adventurer too, she was a massive help in our first adventure, grew with our character in the second -

This contrast in personalities is why Drake and Elena work, they complement each other beautifully. When push comes to shove, Elena is ride or die and she proved this UC4.

She's funny, charming, loves adventuring just as much but lives in the real world, oh and she loves PS1 era vidya...

#Teamelena

Chloe is great though

Beautifully well put. Overall both are great. I like Elena more, but you can't go wrong either way.

Majek

All i was thinking when watching the footage was " who's going to betray the other one first?" and " will Drake come up in some discussion ( or mexican standoff XD)>?"
:D :D

Foxxsoxx

This is awesome but that box art is a little underwhelming. Just a nitpick.

Thankfully I got the season pass, so worth it.

Melfice7

Chloes nostrils slightly expand right at the end of the trailer, so many "unnecessary" details that ND goes the extra mile for

Chrisdk

I wasn't the biggest fan of Uncharted 4 and $40 is a little too much for me. Will wait for reviews and pick it up when it's $20.

ByWatterson

If they're releasing new info this early, and new video, doesn't that mean that The Last of Us II is more likely to show up at E3 as their major show-stopper?

FelipeMGM

This..
I'm a bit skeptical about their "10 hours" assumption

The '''10 hour thing'' was the media assuming stuff from this quote

Arne Meyer said:
Years ago, when we were asked if we were ever doing a single player expansion for Uncharted we always said, "Well, we don't have the self-discipline to do that." If we tried to do that we'd create a full game.
There's no way we could, sort of, constrict and restrain ourselves, and that's exactly what was happening here. When we were doing story pitches, we were coming up with a game that would be over ten hours long and so we suddenly realised everything we said was true and we couldn't keep it short.

To me this doesnt necessarily mean that TLL will be 10h or more, but that they couldnt make a short experience out of Uncharted

hydruxo

Damn man, nobody is doing cinematics on this level like ND is. There's not many devs who can do a simple scene like this and make it interesting enough.

bunkitz

Oh cool. Physical release. Nice. Not too keen on the box art, but it's not bad at all. Chloe looks so different, though? Or maybe I just don't remember her face so well since I didn't care about her.

Did you guys get that survey about this game? I think they are setting up to make chloe the lead in a potential future mainline uncharted game. There were a lot of questions of about her specifically.

Jingo

40 bucks? Damm that might be the first time that buying a season pass in advance its worth, too bad i didnt bought it eheh

Day 1 for me, it comes at a perfect time right before Destiny 2 as well. I wonder if the pre-order is up on PSN as I would love to take a look at the new theme.

LAA

Hopefully this means it's a bigger game than I thought it would be, But disappointing move over season pass holders not getting pre order bonuses.
Basically rewarding the people who gave the money first...with nothing.

Top Bottom