• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Launching August 22, $39.99

Xandremi

sistaNR.gif

D:

Shock32

These two seem like such a random duo to pair together. I'd much rather have Sam and Sully escapades cause that would be some funny shit.

LordofPwn

If it has a platinum trophy I'll be there day one.
*preorder and you get Jak and Daxter for PS4 for Free*
nvm, guess I'm day 0.

So its basically a full game on the uc4 engine?
Hot damn paying 40 bucks actually makes me more excited somehow than i wouldve been with 15
Edit
Oh shit is the season pass still up?

Kinyou

These two seem like such a random duo to pair together. I'd much rather have Sam and Sully escapades cause that would be some funny shit.
I sure hope they have a good explanation for why they team up after Nadine spend an entire game trying to kill Nate.

Strings

40 dollars seems like a lot. For example Infamous First Light wasn't that light on content and it was available at half that price. Probably gonna wait for a sale. :)

Eh, First Light was really barebones in that it reused a bunch of the city, and otherwise took place in a generic arena.

There is no need to diss Queen Elena,

3fsUJSc.gif
nah she's boring, Drake feels like he settled from my perspective. Chloe was much more interesting a person, the connection felt genuine and honest. Elena just seemed like a nice girl and I only really enjoyed her tagging along in the first game.

UC2 really was well done as Drake was conflicted between liking both girls, but his detachment from Chloe in 4 imo wasn't justified and not as true to the character as it should have been. Chloe loves adventuring and danger just as much as Drake and they have amazing chemistry, for him to just have no conflict about her invitation was unrealistic, especially considering he still desires to go adventuring.

She ain't no queen.

Interesting that they went with that cover putting both ladies front and center.

I think the paradigm that you cant have a mainstream hit with a girl in the cover was broken by TLoU and then reinforced by Horizon so here's hoping we can destroy that with two colored women in the cover.

BigEmil

Ps4 pro surely helps but yeah, definitely seems like a step up from UC4.

Nah, just updated engine for TLOU2. Would make no sense for them to change engines.
Didn't TLOU 1 use different engine though? My memories kinda fuzzy ND did say something different development something something..

Interesting that they went with that cover putting both ladies front and center.

I think the paradigm that you cant have a mainstream hit with a girl in the cover was broken by TLoU and then reinforced by Horizon so here's hoping we can destroy that with two colored women in the cover.
Spot on, two coloured women in a big franchise in front cover awesome

I find it hard to justify spending $40 on stuff like this when Witcher releases meaty expansions for $20.

I'll likely be waiting for a sale :/

Graphically again this is crazy.
Even though I've played U4 a couple times this still hit me.

They must've tweaked up the engine or I'm just having placebo effect lol

antibolo

Banned
Holy fuck that's expensive.

At that price I'm gonna wait for a sale.

With that said if it's about 10 hours then it's not an unreasonable price imo. But it still pushes it out of day 1 buy territory for me.

zsynqx

Didn't TLOU 1 use different engine though? My memories kinda fuzzy ND did say something different development something something..

Nah, TLOU1 was a modified version of the Uncharted engine. Uncharted 4 was also running on a updated version of their ps3 engine.

UC2 really was well done as Drake was conflicted between liking both girls, but his detachment from Chloe in 4 imo wasn't justified and not as true to the character as it should have been. Chloe loves adventuring and danger just as much as Drake and they have amazing chemistry, for him to just have no conflict about her invitation was unrealistic, especially considering he still desires to go adventuring.

Sounds like jealousy to me

Elena fucking slays bro

timberger

Wish I'd bought that season pass now, but having another physical Uncharted game for the collection will do nicely all the same.

lol at salty posters though, "2 hour DLC" is some real tryhard shit. Now I'm kinda thinking about how hilarious the meltdowns would be if this ends up winning GAF GOTY 2017. I know it's unlikely because Zelda, Yakuza, Nioh, Persona 5, Nier and the like will have that shit all locked up, but even so... could you imagine the reactions? 8D

I find it hard to justify spending $40 on stuff like this when Witcher releases meaty expansions for $20.

Man, how do you justify paying more than 20 bucks for any game in that case?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Whoa, wait, what?

Is that confirmed? Only two? That can't be right.

Calm down. i remember reading they are two locations in the game. the jungle one you saw in the trailer and the urban area we saw in the original reveal.

That doesnt mean the game has two small levels.

Why did you make the same post twice....4 mins later....on the same page?

I just figured out what happened - when I made the initial post, it gave me an error message and I didn't see the post, so I redid it and I suppose the original posted through the error.

I fixed it, regardless. Thank you for pointing it out :)

Definitely excited for this! It stinks that those who got the Season pass can't get the preorder bonuses but I'll take the cheaper price

Jolkien

That's really expensive. I'll probably still get it like the sucker I am.

Blood and Wine was really the only exception of well priced, meaty DLC.

N7.Angel

Those visuals though... I just finished MEA and seeing such amazing facial expressions makes me cry, take my soul Naughty Dog...

Top Bottom