• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Launching August 22, $39.99

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Please elaborate

Personally I like Lara more as a female protag than Chloe. Also, I don't have a lot of time to play games, so I'd rather play the better game of the two and just stick to Mainline Drake escapades for my Uncharted cravings

edit: I mean I stated initially anyways that its great to see more uncharted stuff for the super fans, so theres nothing wrong with it.

xrnzaaas

40 dollars seems like a lot. For example Infamous First Light wasn't that light on content and it was available at half that price. Probably gonna wait for a sale. :)

Dat arse indeed but Elena still takes the cake in personality and she's more beautiful overall :)

Anyway, I love how this was a dlc and now a "full game" and even has a physical release. That's really cool.

Revven

They said owners of the 'triple pack' will get Lost Legacy digital for free. Is that the Jak triple pack, UC Remastered triple pack, or something else?

It was a special pack of content that they had going post-release of the game where you'd get two "DLC" packs for multiplayer (it was basically content from their first two waves of multiplayer DLC that you could earn for free or pay for) and then the third item was going to be the unknown story DLC.

However, later they realized that the story DLC was ballooning up to being bigger than they anticipated so the Triple Pack was delisted from the store and instead they put up the Explorer's Pack which was $25 and netted you Uncharted Points (something like 3500 I think, to get what multiplayer items you wanted instead of the items being picked for you) and the upcoming still "story DLC". They then delisted the Explorer's Pack last December when they formally announced Lost Legacy and explained that it would become its own release separate from Uncharted 4. They gave people a few weeks notice before delisting it so anyone who wanted to get the pack specifically for Lost Legacy could.

Yes, it's confusing, but basically the Triple Pack was Uncharted 4's "season pass" that also nets you Lost Legacy.

CrayToes

It's a bit shitty that I can't get the pre order bonuses due to owning the ultimate edition of UC4. Can't wait, either way. August is the perfect release date for this.

After watching the trailer, this feels like it would make a better CG movie-spinoff than a game.

Maybe once we see some gameplay, I'll change my mind.

Sure, more braindead puzzles (hinted at in this trailer), on rail traversal, maybe a bit less generic cover shooter this time and more stealth. GAFs GOTY 2017 is here :)

Looks beautiful btw, would make an okay CG movie indeed.

Bold One

she bends all the way over in a better shot tho...so fine...Elena can go and kick rocks with her boring self..

Pshhh...

Drake wildlin...

There is no need to diss Queen Elena,

3fsUJSc.gif

Personally I like Lara more as a female protag than Chloe. Also, I don't have a lot of time to play games, so I'd rather play the better game of the two and just stick to Mainline Drake escapades for my Uncharted cravings

edit: I mean I stated initially anyways that its great to see more uncharted stuff for the super fans, so theres nothing wrong with it.

Chloe's never been a playable character though so I don't think it's really fair to compare her to Lara yet.

It's fine to wait though

sackninja

40 dollars seems like a lot. For example Infamous First Light wasn't that light on content and it was available at half that price. Probably gonna wait for a sale. :)

First light had a reused open world section an arena and like 3 to 4 hours of story content, creating original areas for this game would presumably take a lot more work.

Hope it's better than UC4, I'm in.

UC4 was the best in many ways for me. Best writing and certainly the best combat loop, it just wasn't paced very well. This being a shorter game should remedy that. Now don't spoil your best set-piece again at E3 Naughty Dog. Otherwise I'll just close my eyes.

Sure, more braindead puzzles (hinted at in this trailer), on rail traversal, maybe a bit less generic cover shooter this time and more stealth. GAFs GOTY 2017 is here :)

Looks beautiful btw, would make an okay CG movie indeed.

Uncharted evolved from a cover shooter long since the first. It's actually a really dynamic TPS. When it is a TPS of course.
Also, the love for UC is not a GAF bubble. It was the highest-rated game last year and won tons of awards, including the BAFTA for Game of the Year last week.

Can someone clarify the language - does this mean Jak & Daxter is coming to PS4 on August 22, or are they just referencing the launch date of Lost Legacy? Would seem an awfully long time for a PS2 Classic to be in the oven.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Infamous First Light was a game made in 3 months. It recycled existing assets and just created random missions for Fetch in that existing.

This is a game that took over a year to make. Has new setpieces. Two huge areas and is probably a 6 hour campaign. U1 was $60 and had a 8 hour campaign.

Alienous

UC4 was the best in many ways for me. Best writing and certainly the best combat loop, it just wasn't paced very well. This being a shorter game should remedy that. Now don't spoil your best set-piece again at E3 Naughty Dog. Otherwise I'll just close my eyes.

I can't imagine that they have enough set-pieces to not spoil their best. Surely the DLC could only have one or two big ones.

FelipeMGM

UC4 had a magnificent steelbook though

It's not a big deal but if they don't change it I hope we get some options

it did, that was an amazing art. But the regular box art was pretty boring

They should have used this image for the U4 regular boxart:

uncharted-4_hjhq.1920-620x349.jpg
]

Someone here at gaf even made a cover with this image I believe, and it was waaay better

Salex_

After watching the trailer, this feels like it would make a better CG movie-spinoff than a game.

Maybe once we see some gameplay, I'll change my mind.

After watching the trailer, I feel that this would make a better CG movie-spinoff than an actual game - albeit a short one.

Maybe when I see some gameplay, I'll change my mind.

Why did you make the same post twice....4 mins later....on the same page?

No, I just find it weird how this PS2 Classic is getting so much attention and getting put in pre-order deals when Jak has been MIA for 8 years. Makes me think maybe there's something in the works and they want eyes back on it.

But do eyes want to go to it, though? 3D platformers outside of Mario are not huge sellers, and that's something that ND is used to after Uncharted and TLOU. Furthermore, Jak is not a heavy, story driven game, which is what current ND does and excels at.

Top Bottom