• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I already like this more than Uncharted 4, and I'm only on chapter 4. Chloe is such a great character, and as someone said, this feels like they brought the "fun" back to Uncharted.

And man, playing the game on a PS4 Pro with HDR enabled... face melting visuals.

MrJTeera

dfYdeyq.gif

New dancing gif right here!!!

Staf

The only Uncharted game i've played was 3. I liked it, but like Tomb raider more. I liked it. Will probably give this one a go, it looks more interesting than 4 for me.

Alienfan

This game (at least the first half) feels like a mixture between Uncharted 2 and Rise of The Tomb Raider. I love the exploration and side puzzles, even if the rewards at the end of them are kind of lame.

Wollan

From OP said:
Q: Will I get Uncharted: The Lost Legacy if I bought the Uncharted 4 Triple Pack or the Explorer's Pack?
A: Yes. If you own the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Triple Pack or Explorer's Pack, whether part of the Digital Deluxe Edition or if purchased separately, you will receive Uncharted: The Lost Legacy at launch as a digital download on August 22, 2017 in North America and August 23, 2017 in Europe.
*The Uncharted 4 Triple Pack and Explorer's Pack were discontinued in December 2016 and are no longer available.
So I guess that means I will receive a download code today...?

edit: It just appeared as 'Free' on the PSN web store just now. Downloading.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I am enjoying this more than UC4 so far. Intro was a bit of a slog (I hate slow-walking segments) but now I'm at the open map in chapter 4 and it's pretty chill. I find actual incentives to explore with all the tokens and stuff.

I am a bit disappointed that Chloe and Nadine's careers/motivations
apparently both stem from their dads though... we're playing two kick-ass ladies and both are into their fields because of daddy? Bah. Unless one of them is lying/going to subvert this somehow...

Chole Frazer > Lara Croft ;)
Damn right. Honestly Chloe is what Lara should have always been: sassy, slightly sociopathic, and brown-skinned (the original version of Lara was a Hispanic lady called Laura Cruz and was supposedly more bloodthirsty than Lara ended up being haha). xD

This has, by far, the best puzzles in the series. I also like that I can do things at my own pace, and exploration is rewarded in Chapter 4. My issue with the open area in Uncharted 4 is that it feels open for the sake of being open, and exploring the space was a waste of time; Lost Legacy fleshes out their original idea to great results.

The pacing is superb. I've had a lot of encounters in cleverly designed combat zones, and I've yet to long for more to break up any sort of monotony. The silenced pistol is a great addition to the stealth combat, but sometimes you're happy to get discovered because of how dynamic the combat scenarios can be. The much-improved gunplay introduced in Uncharted 4 shines here. I'm confident enough in saying it's one of the best-playing third-person shooters on the market now.

Yes, this plays like a logical continuation of Uncharted 2 and 3, whereas Uncharted 4 feels like it branched off from the spirit of the original games (for better or worse). It's pulpier than Tropicana Grovestand 100% Orange Juice, it's tighter than an atomic wedgie, it puts the "ass" in sass, and the vistas will make you wonder if Nadine's last name was intentional because it rival's Bob's greatest hits.

This game is the real fucking deal. I'm enjoying it more than Uncharted 4.

This has, by far, the best puzzles in the series. I also like that I can do things at my own pace, and exploration is rewarded in Chapter 4. My issue with the open area in Uncharted 4 is that it feels open for the sake of being open, and exploring the space was a waste of time; Lost Legacy fleshes out their original idea to great results.

Yes, this plays like a logical continuation of Uncharted 2 and 3, whereas Uncharted 4 feels like it branched off from the spirit of the original games (for better or worse). It's pulpier than Tropicana Grovestand 100% Orange Juice, it's tighter than an atomic wedgie, it puts the "ass" in sass, and the vistas will make you wonder if Nadine's last name was intentional because it rival's Bob's greatest hits.

This game is the real fucking deal. I'm enjoying it more than Uncharted 4.

I just came to post something similar. The level design and how open the world is great. I wondered off somewhere and ended up finding lots of goodies. Still doing chapter 4 but so far I already like it more than UC4.

LuuKyK

Just thinking about the whole series... the entire ending chapter/sequence of TLL has to be up there on setpieces/graphics quality. Its just mindblowing stuff. So intense and its just fucking amazing how it is homage to all the games and finds a way to implement mechanics from all of them.

I really wonder what ND will bring with TLOU2, my expectations are so high.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Hmm. Chloe's facial expressions seem a bit more exaggerated than everyone else's. Thought it was just gifs catching it in a awkward looking frame but it kind of sticks out haha

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I finally got time to play this and my god this game GORGEOUS!!! Holy fuck, they greatly improved UC4 engine.

4 hrs in and imo this is better than the main uncharted 4 campaign so far. Same old formula with a touch of "open world" (sort-of) sprinkled in, familiar and new at the same time.
The main UC4 campaign was too much rooted in their old set-piece formula and dragged alot for me, I always wanted it to pick up the pace or slow down while I was playing. This is more my jam and I hope it stays good until the end.
Also Cloe rocks! She's such a smartass but you can read there's something deeper behind her quips (
loved when they akwardly aknowledged the "brothers"
).

I'm almost at the end, and this entire experience was brilliant. I love the way the puzzles in the open world segment are just passively there and don't really hold your hand at all. They remind me of a more involved version of Koroks/shrine puzzles in Zelda.

Please don't let this be the last Uncharted game ND. There's so much magic left in this franchise.

mocoworm

I don't know if this is a glitch, but I just got 'Uncharted: The Lost Legacy' for FREE on the Playstation Store at the following link. It should be £29.99. It says this, 'If you own the Uncharted 4 Triple Pack Expansion, Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition or the Explorer's Pack you're entitled to download Uncharted: The Lost legacy at no extra cost.' but I have none of those. I just bought the regular edition, physical copy from Amazon when it released.

What gives?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...gacy/cid=EP9000-CUSA07875_00-UNCHD4LOSTLEGACY

I don't know if this is a glitch, but I just got 'Uncharted: The Lost Legacy' for FREE on the Playstation Store at the following link. It should be £29.99. It says this, 'If you own the Uncharted 4 Triple Pack Expansion, Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition or the Explorer’s Pack you’re entitled to download Uncharted: The Lost legacy at no extra cost.' but I have none of those. I just bought the regular edition, physical copy from Amazon when it released.

What gives?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...gacy/cid=EP9000-CUSA07875_00-UNCHD4LOSTLEGACY

Well it ain't showing free for me.

MP question: whats the consensus is it probably best to spend uncharted coins on the new survival boosters? or use up the purple points?

nvm just used some uncharted coins since I have a lot. I wonder how much longer they are going to support the MP

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
started playing earlier. really enjoying it. it sure does look great but it's been awhile since i played 4 so can't tell if this looks better or not. probably does though.

chloe is such a great character. i'm enjoying playing as her. need to wait on my controller charging before i go back to it :)

I don't know if this is a glitch, but I just got 'Uncharted: The Lost Legacy' for FREE on the Playstation Store at the following link. It should be £29.99. It says this, 'If you own the Uncharted 4 Triple Pack Expansion, Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition or the Explorer’s Pack you’re entitled to download Uncharted: The Lost legacy at no extra cost.' but I have none of those. I just bought the regular edition, physical copy from Amazon when it released.

What gives?

A friend of mine is in the same situation.. Doesn't remember buying it but has it. Weird.

Blitzhex

Holy crap that little girl at the start... that is not an Indian accent in any way or form. It's so jarring, she can't even say rupees or rupiya right.

Holy crap that little girl at the start... that is not an Indian accent in any way or form. It's so jarring, she can't even say rupees or rupiya right.

Yea, I don't know what was up with that. Even stranger because the rest of the accents throughout that chapter seemed fine.

Chao

After playing so much Splatoon 2 I'm having trouble adapting to dual analog stick aiming, wish there was an option to use motion controls. I'll try increasing sensitivity, but I think I've been spoiled now.

Haven't had the time to play much, but the introduction chapter looked amazing, such detail contrast and use of color. Wow!

Robso

What does the digital content voucher code inside the case contain? I figure it's only multiplayer content? (UK version btw, if that makes any difference)

Synless

I would have thought there to be a higher page count for this game already.... kind of surprised to be honest.

J_Viper

I'm only on Chapter 3 but I'm really enjoying the hell out of this

Now I want an Uncharted 5

Yeah that kid's voice work was horrendous. Definitely not something I'd expect out of a ND production.

Glad to see people describe this as "fun", a crucial element missing from Ucharted 4 which I found painfully dull and banal. May have to give it a chance someday.

Only played for an hour last night after it unlocked but one of the first things I noticed was the weird standing pose Chloe has. Why on earth is she leaning forward like that? It looks like she has serious back trouble or something. It's so odd.

LiK

Only played for an hour last night after it unlocked but one of the first things I noticed was the weird standing pose Chloe has. Why on earth is she leaning forward like that? It looks like she has serious back trouble or something. It's so odd.

It's a bit of relic of the previous Uncharted games. Nate has the same idle pose.

Arkeband

Banned
As someone who thought the gameplay of UC4 was getting a little stale but was emotionally moved by the epilogue and some parts of the story (that weren't disjointed), does this add anything meaningful to the overall story of Uncharted? And is the gameplay more refined where it's not 90% climbing and 10%
mass murdering
killing aimbots?

Top Bottom