• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection gameplay

oti

Banned
Since there's no online I would have bought it and sold it after playing through but I kinda want to own this collection forever. I'll get it (eventually).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hmm no art seems change here its like that hotel part in the other demo was the only place.

Could have also just been a placeholder texture. Lots of stuff has been added since then. I hope they make it look the same as the original release.

Noobcraft

Since there's no online I would have bought it and sold it after playing through but I kinda want to own this collection forever. I'll get it (eventually).
I'm trying to convince a friend who never played the series to buy it so I can borrow it. The value just isn't there for me without multiplayer until the price drops to like $20.

Hoje0308

Banned
I've completed each of these titles 4-6 times and recently went through the second and third games and part of the first on PSNow. Even so, I'm still incredibly excited for October 9th.

Wow the upgraded character models, graphics and 60fps really breath new life into Uncharted.

I knew it would look good but never thought it would that good in motion, it looks better than last time they showed it off, must be more polished or something.

drotahorror

I must be the only person in existence to have no issues with the gamespot or ign player. Both work perfectly fine @ HD or 1080p.

Uncharted looking like Uncharted. I'm hype.

Kinyou

No online really sours it a bit. Other than that it looks like a really well done remaster

jett

D-Member
BTW, does anyone else think it's funny they added a tutorial for this PAX demo to what is essentially a bread 'n butter TPS? Nintendo might as well tutorialize the next Mario.

No, it's there for sure. Video encode won't give you something like that. It's clearly post process blur. That 120FPs look lol.

Eh I guess. I hope they re-render their cut-scenes if that's the case. :p

dolabla

Wow, that looks great. I can't wait to replay all of them. I started playing the 2nd and 3rd on PS3 a few weeks ago, but I had to make myself stop.

That video player is garbage. I'll wait for youtube. Excited to see how it looks, though. Been wanting to replay these games for a long time now.

BTW, does anyone else think it's funny they added a tutorial for this PAX demo to what is essentially a bread 'n butter TPS? Nintendo might as well tutorialize the next Mario.

TPSs are actually a really difficult mechanical genre for the uninitiated player. There is nothing simple about them at all.

TPSs are also a rare genre and it's quite common for somebody to have never played one. Or only played one period. Even if there one is Uncharted.

The two major TPS series are Gears and Uncharted. And they're very different from each other. Uncharted has a lot more adventure and platforming elements that new players might not even expect. I knew somebody who did not understand that jumping was context sensitive to ledges and that it was automatic.

Plus there are melee mechanics and stealth mechanics.

The more I go on, the more I wonder what "bread and butter TPS" means to you.

pizzacat

Banned
Looks freaking great! Though gamespots player sucks :/
Only a little over a month, can't wait, day 1.

When in like 2017?

Oh wow, enjoy. Jealous of those who get to play through them for the first time.

to wait for 2017 I'll just snag for the $5, no way this is staying pricey through 2016

Looks so good, I can't wait to get my hands on it and that sweet multiplayer beta for UC4.

I hope it launches soon after release like December/January.

I really wanna see UC1 gameplay too

sjay1994

I remember back around U2's launch seeing people just punching the air trying to melee.

ND's Eric Monacelli: "It's running now at 1080p and this really high framerate..."

Sounds like they're not quite there yet.

Eh I guess. I hope they re-render their cut-scenes if that's the case. :p

Wouldn't the whole collection presumably have real-time cutscenes in order to save disc space, like they did in TLOU: RE?

robotrock

Banned
I hope I'll finally be able to see Uncharted 3 through LastNac's eyes when I replay it in this collection

I want to change

Chao

After seeing those tutorial prompts, I bet this is the demo we're getting before the game releases. Question is when.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
RoboPlato gave me a heads up that motion blur is back! So excited.

BTW, does anyone else think it's funny they added a tutorial for this PAX demo to what is essentially a bread 'n butter TPS? Nintendo might as well tutorialize the next Mario
Nintendo is sooooo guilty of this. Maybe not Mario but so many of their games are loaded with the worst tutorial stuff. Skyward Sword's first couple hours are nearly ruined by this.

Troy

Banned
Can't wait till its $15

I think you'll be waiting awhile for that. I'm definitely not interested at 60 bucks, but I'm guessing 25-30 around Black Friday, but even then I don't feel a compulsion to play old games when the end of the year is so stacked with new stuff. Might change my mind if Tomb Raider, Fallout 4 or Just Cause 3 turn out to be duds though.

Weird, it plays absolutely fine on my mobile, but my laptop (firefox) can't handle the gamespot player at all.

I have a new MBP(retina) and it can't play the video. No idea why these sites insist on using these terrible players.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
ND's Eric Monacelli: "It's running now at 1080p and this really high framerate..."

Could also just be Sony's policy of forcing devs to not say outright 60fps and instead opt for "targeting" or "high framerate".

After seeing those tutorial prompts, I bet this is the demo we're getting before the game releases. Question is when.
I guessed that this would be the demo area as soon as they announced that a demo was coming.

robotrock

Banned
Could also just be Sony's policy of forcing devs to not say outright 60fps and instead opt for "targeting" or "high framerate".

Yeah. After they lost 20 million for the whole Killzone: Shadowfall MP not being 1920x1080 thing, they're being really really careful with their wording

Wouldn't the whole collection presumably have real-time cutscenes in order to save disc space, like they did in TLOU: RE?

I'm pretty sure the DF analysis showed they were. Maybe just poor wording.

oti

Banned
I'm trying to convince a friend who never played the series to buy it so I can borrow it. The value just isn't there for me without multiplayer until the price drops to like $20.

I feel you. I kinda only want to play 2 anyway tbh.

No online really sours it a bit. Other than that it looks like a really well done remaster

Yes. But maaaaaaaan Uncharted 2 multiplayer on PS4 maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Bums me out.

Harmen

What I think is great about this collection, is that they make the three games feel as a whole coherent package. The assets of UC updated to fit the sequels, the ability to play them as one experience without break (right?) and the base mechanics adjusted for consistency.

Edit: that UC2 gameplay still looks great for todays standards.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What I think is great about this collection, is that they make the three games feel as a whole coherent package. The assets of UC updated to fit the sequels, the ability to play them as one experience without break (right?) and the base mechanics adjusted for consistency.

I don't think the second point is happening.

Volcane

Looks good. I may double dip on the trilogy to play through them all again.

giphy.gif

Dynasty

Their reason for no multiplayer is so stupid. 'they don't want to spit the community' Well they were happy to do that with TLOU Remastered. Anyway looking forward to the collection, Sooo happy they released it because I would have had to watch a walkthrough of the past 3 games so that I understand the story in 4.

TLOU: RE still has pre-rendered cutscenes if I'm not mistaken.

I wasn't aware of that, i only played the mp on PS4. Thanks for the information!

I'm pretty sure the DF analysis showed they were. Maybe just poor wording.

Yeah, that would make sense. In any case, Bluepoint are very competent, so i'm sure they'll hit their target.

Top Bottom