• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection gameplay

I wasn't aware of that, i only played the mp on PS4. Thanks for the information!

Yeah, that would make sense. In any case, Bluepoint are very competent, so i'm sure they'll hit their target.

If it weren't Bluepoint I might be worried but they are fucking awesome at ports. HYPE.

Harmen

Also, yes!!!! Motion blur, the only thing lacking in previous footage, is in! Should be good. UC2 and especially 3 are going to look stellar.

Blobbers

Looks awesome.

The Mass Murderer Collection would be my pick.
MvcAEfP.gif

Putty

That looks spectacular as far as remasters go! Some of the texture work looks bonkers good! U3 I imagine is going to look remarkable...

This game looks amazing to be on last gen hardware. I am also aware that some textures have been redone. I was on the fence about this one, but I think I will have to double dip x 3. It looks wonderful. That 60fps is eye melting.

This gameplay looks absolutely amazing i cant wait to jump back in to this trilogy and can we please not turn this into the "it doesn't have multiplayer therefore it somehow loses $40 worth of value?"

Ricky_R

Yeah. After they lost 20 million for the whole Killzone: Shadowfall MP not being 1920x1080 thing, they're being really really careful with their wording

That case was dismissed by the court. Unless Sony doesn't have a legal department on payroll, then I don't see how they lost that kind of money.

Putty

That case was dismissed by the court. Unless Sony doesn't have a legal department on payroll, then I don't see how they lost that kind of money.

I'd read it was closer to $156.000.000. I may of made that up though, can't be sure...

Looking great. seems like they are keeping Uncharted: DF firmly under wraps though. That is the one everybody wants to see for the changes.

Yup, that's Uncharted at 60. Looks pretty good. I'll be picking this up after I've played through all the new releases this year. Bluepoint as a porthouse are just crazy good. Bluepoint and Nixxes are doing the lords work for gamers that haven't played a lot of of the older games.

looks like after god of war 3 lazy port sony has learned somehting

I wouldn't really say GoW III was a lazy port.

It being a lazy port would be something akin to Dishonored DE or Prototype. At least it had the 60fps locked and the image quality improved.

Now I'm not saying it's an amazing port either (Uncharted ND would be an example of that), but after some dodgy remasters this gen, GoW III remaster doesn't deserve to be lumped with lazy remasters like those mentioned above. Particularly when it already looked "next-gen" at the time (and still does IMO), there was only so much they could do with it. Prototype and Dishonored "Definitive Edition" on the other hand, they are examples of lazy ports IMO.

Just saying, yes they may have not changed that much from the GoW III remaster, but it still is competent at what it aimed to do: 1080p, locked 60fps with improved assets and slightly better lighting.

Ricky_R

I'd read it was closer to $156.000.000. I may of made that up though, can't be sure...

I would imagine they didn't lose more money than what they pay their legal department if the case was dismissed. Unless the case ended up with an agreement, but afaik it was dismissed with both parties having to cover their legal expenses.

Maybe Sony used an external firm though, and had to pay for their services.

Curufinwe

looks like after god of war 3 lazy port sony has learned somehting

It wasn't a lazy port, it ran at an almost flawless 60 fps. It was just overpriced.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-god-of-war-3-remastered-face-off

Impressively, this level of performance continues throughout the rest of game, with frame-rates rarely seeing any impact at all. And when dropped frames do manifest, interruptions to the gameplay experience remain almost non-existent, to the point where they are likely to go by completely unnoticed while your attention is focused on brutally dispatching the hordes of mythological creatures unleashed by Zeus and his cohorts. As such, gameplay is transformed over the PS3 release, feeling much more refined and significantly more responsive. This the sort of result the remastering process should engender: with this release, there's the sense that the full potential of Sony Santa Monica's original design is finally being realised.

Solrac

I wouldn't really say GoW III was a lazy port.

It being a lazy port would be something akin to Dishonored DE or Prototype. At least it had the 60fps locked and the image quality improved.

Now I'm not saying it's an amazing port either (Uncharted ND would be an example of that), but after some dodgy remasters this gen, GoW III remaster doesn't deserve to be lumped with lazy remasters like those mentioned above. Particularly when it already looked "next-gen" at the time (and still does IMO), there was only so much they could do with it. Prototype and Dishonored "Definitive Edition" on the other hand, they are examples of lazy ports IMO.

Just saying, yes they may have not changed that much from the GoW III remaster, but it still is competent at what it aimed to do: 1080p, locked 60fps with improved assets and slightly better lighting.

It wasn't a lazy port, it ran at an almost flawless 60 fps. It was just overpriced.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-god-of-war-3-remastered-face-off

well, if im not wrong god3 was running around 30~50fps at ps3, and the ps4 " port " use the same assets, textures, models, etc, no new modes, nothing, just a 1080/60fps boost.

compared to this collection, sony can't put them in same bracket ( remastered )

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
That section is quite late in the game and yet it had instructions on how to play. That's the demo we're getting, for certain. I didn't see any instructions for him to hide in cover there. I can't remember exactly but I'm sure there was a button press involved. Have they done what I said earlier and included the TLOU cover system?

Damn son, U2 still looks legit 6 years later. Love the improve model.

well, if im not wrong god3 was running around 30~50fps at ps3, and the ps4 " port " use the same assets, textures, models, etc, no new modes, nothing, just a 1080/60fps boost.

Well lets be honest, GOW 3 still looks more current gen than many actual current gen titles, I don't think there was any need for replacing textures or models XD
The only problem that Remaster really had that it was overprice. $30 would been right on the money.
Looking great. seems like they are keeping Uncharted: DF firmly under wraps though. That is the one everybody wants to see for the changes.
It's the selling point of the collection (apart from fat drake and the U4 beta), rather for it to be kept under wraps, want to be surprised.

Hoje0308

Banned
Looks awesome.

MvcAEfP.gif

funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif

GOW3:R is exactly what you expect out of a remaster. The NDC is dabbling with the gray area between remaster and remake, but I wouldn't expect that all the time. I do think GOW was overpriced AF though, so hopefully Sony has learned something from that release.

ShamePain

Banned
The graphics still hold up to this day, pretty crazy. And it's got some tech stuff going on that a lot of nextgen games still don't.

Loudninja

Auto-defaulting assets to the best quality versions on offer goes a long way in making up for the lack of enhanced artwork, but what's clear is that the move to what is effectively a full 60fps lock is the major component that elevates the gameplay experience. Not only is God of War 3 now more pleasing from a visual perspective, it's actually a little less frustrating to play in its platforming areas - while combat is more enjoyable overall. If there are any doubts or regrets about the package, it comes from the sense that the developers didn't quite push the game to the full extent of its potential: the video cut-scenes could be better, while the small extras we do get, like the photo mode, fall a little short.

But these are minor gripes overall - this is a solid release. More pertinent is the value argument: we can't help but wish that Sony had released God of War 3 and Ascension together in one pack - if only to counter the inevitable and somewhat justified argument that the company is charging £30/$40 for what essentially an old game, produced with only a fraction of the original's budget. It's a lot of money for a game you may well have played before, but whether you invest now or wait for the inevitable discounts to kick in, at some point we highly recommend picking it up.

Sure they could have done more but no I would not call this a lazy remaster

Kinyou

Yes. But maaaaaaaan Uncharted 2 multiplayer on PS4 maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Bums me out.
In the video he says they didn't include MP because they didn't want to fracture the UC2 and UC3 communities that are still active on PS3 which is a rather meager excuse.
I'm sure the people who still play UC would actually be happy if the games longevity would have been expanded

In the video he says they didn't include MP because they didn't want to fracture the UC2 and UC3 communities that are still active on PS3 which is a rather meager excuse.
I'm sure the people who still play UC would actually be happy if the games longevity would have been expanded

I took that as him not wanting to split the Uncharted MP community over those two games when four is coming out soon?

Hoje0308

Banned

It's probably more realistic to think that they just didn't have the time, no? I suppose Bluepoint could have put less effort into the SP modes for each game, but that seems like a strange compromise to make with this series in particular.

Edit: Or, as uncleniccius has said, maybe ND don't want people playing U2 or 3 MP when they could be playing their latest creation online.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I know, right? Bringing them to PS4 would grow the community more than harm it. And it would be the one big chance to fix the mistakes made by patch 1.05, or post-summer-beta Uncharted 3.

I'm guessing there's a different reason at the heart of the decision.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Eh I guess. I hope they re-render their cut-scenes if that's the case. :p
Strangely enough, cutscenes in the Uncharted games never had any motion blur. Actually, there were very, very few that had it, like the one where Drake jumps on the train in UC2 (and even there it seemed like it was only applied to grass)

Top Bottom