• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection gameplay

Is that a lighting or filter change? The PS4 version looks more orange tinted and dusty IMO. Not that it's a bad thing, but just wondering.

No idea, i mostly made the comparison to point out the improvement on the domed roof to the right, that's something the player sees for a couple of seconds. :)

Edit:

Reposting for the new page.

ihw1zsaeosf.gif

robotrock

Banned
Can somebody please tell me what the hell this person is trying to say at around 6 minutes?

"Now, do you ever have these moments where you go back and look at it, ya know 1080p, runnin' real quick on the framerate, you ever have moments where you're like 'It looks too good'? The frames are too fast? Cuz, that's a thing, ya know! If your framerate isn't in balance with the experience, the bigger number is not always the better number."

wat

Honestly I had no idea. I think he was trying to bring up the idea that 60fps=soap opera and 30fps=cinematic wonderland

Harmen

Can somebody please tell me what the hell this person is trying to say at around 6 minutes?

"Now, do you ever have these moments where you go back and look at it, ya know 1080p, runnin' real quick on the framerate, you ever have moments where you're like 'It looks too good'? The frames are too fast? Cuz, that's a thing, ya know! If your framerate isn't in balance with the experience, the bigger number is not always the better number."

wat

Yeah, I laughed out loud there.

No idea what he was aiming for. Maybe he was enquiring if they encountered some animations/processes/whatever being tied to 30 fps...? I recall Wind Waker on the WiiU being 30 fps because of that. I don't know.

antitrop

Well, in the vid the guy mentions that they walked trough the entire trilogy with ND-employees and commented/brainstormed what should be done (especially UC1 seemed to have quite some elements that did not transition well to 1080p).

I think we are looking at is the attention of detail ND is famous for also being there in their remaster. And Bluepoint seems to be the ideal dev to pull that off.
A lot of the development time of The Last of Us: Remastered was just trying to get the damn thing to run on a PS4.

With that learning experience behind them (and assuredly passed on to Bluepoint), you can really see how Uncharted Collection is benefiting from the time put into TLoU:R.

S1kkZ

Honestly I had no idea. I think he was trying to bring up the idea that 60fps=soap opera and 30fps=cinematic wonderland

when a games animations are locked/coded at 30 fps, displaying them in 60 fps can look weird/janky/ugly. i think thats what he meant.

So what does everyone think about the ambient occlusion/shadows on the walls and plants? Is it the crushed blacks, a simple colour change, improved lighting or has the AO/Shadows been paired back from the PS3 version? Just asking cause I'm completely clueless and was wondering if the claims on the previous page was true, just like to know if someone has any knowledge. I know it doesn't do anyone any favours when the screens are compressed as hell lol.

Here's what I'm referring to btw:

ddp0rjf.gif

So what does everyone think about the ambient occlusion/shadows on the walls and plants? Is it the crushed blacks, a simple colour change, improved lighting or has the AO/Shadows been paired back from the PS3 version? Just asking cause I'm completely clueless and was wondering if the claims on the previous page was true, just like to know if someone has any knowledge. I know it doesn't do anyone any favours when the screens are compressed as hell lol.

Here's what I'm referring to btw:

http://abload.de/img/ddp0rjf.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Probably more accurate AO.

I also just noticed the white pillar has a slight dent in it :o

wat

IwjI3ST.jpg

No idea, i mostly made the comparison to point out the improvement on the domed roof to the right, that's something the player sees for a couple of seconds. :)

Edit:

ihw1zsaeosf.gif

The quality of this port is insane. I don't think I've seen such a high quality port before. I wish this was the standard across the board. Long live Bluepoint, may they bless us again.

Gurish

Edit:

ihw1zsaeosf.gif

Did they add a new building on the right there or is it just the superior draw distance?

This Remaster is really going to be spectacular.

Hoje0308

Banned
Probably didn't want to sound like a dick in the interview. No way to really address that without sounding condescending.

And the lack of a direct answer allows him to avoid the potential follow-up question about the difference in frame rate between the collection and U4.

stryke

Did they add a new building on the right there or is it just the superior draw distance?

This Remaster is really going to be spectacular.

It looks like that roof didn't draw in properly, which is weird because I'm pretty sure it's a pre rendered cutscene.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
"[...] The frames are too fast? Cuz, that's a thing, ya know! If your framerate isn't in balance with the experience, the bigger number is not always the better number."

You gotta be shitting me.

It's strange that some people are so surprised by this, bluepoint has had some great remakes/ports. What they did with titanfall on the 360 (8 year old system at the time) was magical compared to the Xbox one port.

Below from wiki.

Year Title Genre(s) Platform(s)
2006 Blast Factor Shooter PlayStation 3
2009 God of War Collection Action-adventure PlayStation 3
2011 The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection Action-adventure PlayStation 3
2011 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Stealth, Action PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
2012 PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Fighting, Action PlayStation Vita
2013 Flower Adventure game PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita
2014 Titanfall First-person shooter Xbox 360
2015 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Action-adventure PlayStation 4

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, that's an insane amount of work if they did that across all 3 titles. Is there any word on when Bluepoint began work on this?
They were looking for character artists for it in March. Probably started a while before then on base technical stuff and got some extra time when 4 got pushed out of 2015

Co-op gone because it was part of online MP and therefore because they're not including MP no co-op either. Cheats are basically confirmed because they said you can use all 65 skins across all three games and skins were in the Cheats section of UC1 and UC2. Cheats will be new for UC3.

Also, cheats are confirmed from the video because it shows "Reward unlocked!" which you get when you unlock a cheat.

Thanks for the info. It's a shame about there being no coop, I would've bought this collection day one but now I'll wait until it's $20.

scitek

"...if the framerate's not in balance with your experience, the bigger number isn't always the better number."

What is this Gamespot clown talking about?

Can Sony give BluePoint the go ahead to make a brandnew IP? They've pretty much earned it at this point.

I'm not sure that'd be a good idea. You can tell that they are a company that sets high standards for themselves, but they're lack of any original IP kinda speaks that these guys don't really care to create. They want to ensure that any task given to them will be of the highest quality and there's not really anyone better. The only comparable Port-house I can think of is Nixxes.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The question appears right as Drake is about to fall through the floor.

Edit: At ~5:45

Yeah, I believe it's there. My expression was purely rhetorical in face of the high, almost lethal, levels of nonsense in that interviewer's statement.

Hoje0308

Banned
Yeah, I believe it's there. My expression was purely rhetorical in face of the high, almost lethal, levels of nonsense in that interviewer's statement.

Oh I know, I just thought you might want to revel in the ignorance. Quite enjoyable, IMO.

I dont want to be rude and derail the thread but what makes some of you want to wait for such a drastic price drop? I mean i see 50 or 40 dollars but seeing how good these games look how much work they put in, the added two difficulties, a bunch of skins, 3 games and a beta for uncharted 4 this seems like a heck of alot of value especially compared to some of the games we've gotten so far this gen with or without multiplayer. Again not judging your opinion on value jus wanted to kno.

$20 seems to be the price at which a lot of gamers are willing to make an impulse purchase. Personally, I don't see why you wouldn't spend a little extra money, as the game will probably be available brand new on Black Friday for about $30-40. You'll likely have to wait quite a while for it to hit $20, at which point the beta will no longer be a reward. Fall is really busy with some meaty games this year though, so maybe that plays into it as well.

Thanks for the info. It's a shame about there being no coop, I would've bought this collection day one but now I'll wait until it's $20.

I dont want to be rude and derail the thread but what makes some of you want to wait for such a drastic price drop? I mean i see 50 or 40 dollars but seeing how good these games look how much work they put in, the added two difficulties, a bunch of skins, 3 games and a beta for uncharted 4 this seems like a heck of alot of value especially compared to some of the games we've gotten so far this gen with or without multiplayer. Again not judging your opinion on value jus wanted to kno.

scitek

Regardless of how improved they are, they are still the same games we've already played. A simple graphical/performance upgrade isn't worth a $60 price tag to me. If you've never played them before, certainly it seems like a much better deal.

Troy

Banned
Looks incredibly smooth and sharp now. Only thing I'm not feeling is how at times when Nate moves he appears to be sped up. Almost comically so. I assume that's the effect 60fps has on it.

Played them all multiple times. Multiplayer completely yanked. It's being released at a time of the year full of brand new games I'd rather play. By the time I'm ready for this, it'll be 20-30 bucks. Not an unfair price.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I want to glove slap that interviewer, did he really suggest that a game can look too good, and be at too high of a frame rate? "That's a thing", no, no it's not.

Regardless of how improved they are, they are still the same games we've already played. A simple graphical/performance upgrade isn't worth a $60 price tag to me. If you've never played them before, certainly it seems like a much better deal.
Ah i see i can understand that honestly guess i love the series so much i dont really mind it nd never played uncharted 3s multuplayer so i guess i dont miss it much but i understand what u guys are saying thx for the response

Hoje0308

Banned
I want to glove slap that interviewer, did he really suggest that a game can look too good, and be at too high of a frame rate? "That's a thing", no, no it's not.

Were you there for the TLoU:R thread before release? There were more than a few people lamenting the loss of the cinematic presentation of the original release until it was announced that there would be an option to lock at 30. Some people really don't like smooth frame rates.

alexbull_uk

I think he was questioning if the bump from 30fps to 60fps has caused any issues with assets that were designed to be viewed at 30fps. For example, did Drake's movement anims still look "right" after having their framerate doubled?

The question is just a bit silly and very poorly worded.

Memento

Looks so fucking good! This video just remind me how amazing this game is... level design, art direction, writing, gameplay, graphics, presentation, spectacle, etc. Uncharted 2 truly is a masterpiece.

Even with shitty Youtube compression @ 720p, the texture bump is immediately noticeable. The jeep looks fucking amazing, I can feel the rust and paint chips

Top Bottom