• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unconfirmed NoE releasedates for 2011

daffy

Banned
vall03 said:
is it really that easy? Im actually anxious about this, is there really minimal risk here?
I went in thinking it would be some hacker elite stuff, but it was actually much easier. You have to make sure you remember that you have a homebrew Wii and not a normal Wii anymore, though. I say you skim through the page about how to get started and see if it looks good for you.

I have an external hard drive and a USB SD card reader already, so much of it was just reading the guide. Once I had it all done, all that's really left is remembering to be careful (or just don't bother) updating your Wii the official Nintendo way, and also booting your new Wii games (that may contain secret updates) from the USB Loader/Homebrew Channel instead of the original Wii menu thing. It only takes a button click to do it. You can backup your entire Wii system if by chance something goes wrong, I think the guide says it can recover from a brick as well, not sure.

Its actually really straightforward once its all said and done.

Clipper

FTH said:
Once I had it all done, all that's really left is remembering to be careful (or just don't bother) updating your Wii the official Nintendo way, and also booting your new Wii games (that may contain secret updates) from the USB Loader/Homebrew Channel instead of the original Wii menu thing.
Actually, the current instructions make you immune to all the latest disc updates, so it's safe to play via those. Nintendo seems to have given up on blocking it as they know it's futile and are probably spending their time properly securing Wii U, thank goodness.

Didn't they say at E3 that Kid Icarus would be one of the four (Mario Kart, Mario, Starfox, Kid Icarus) games coming this year? Maybe that was just for the US.

Either way, hopefully this schedule holds up. It would at least mean that those of us with EU 3DS's aren't going to be too shafted in terms of first party releases.

OMG Aero

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Didn't they say at E3 that Kid Icarus would be one of the four (Mario Kart, Mario, Starfox, Kid Icarus) games coming this year? Maybe that was just for the US.

Either way, hopefully this schedule holds up. It would at least mean that those of us with EU 3DS's aren't going to be too shafted in terms of first party releases.
E3 is a US event so unless they say otherwise every date mentioned at E3 is a US date.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Its funny to see all this NoE love when people were ready to smite them over the E3 3D trailers.

daffy

Banned
Clipper said:
Actually, the current instructions make you immune to all the latest disc updates, so it's safe to play via those. Nintendo seems to have given up on blocking it as they know it's futile and are probably spending their time properly securing Wii U, thank goodness.
Oh, really? Damn, that's pretty awesome! Well that's one less precaution to worry about. Extremely simple to access now then.

Cygnus X-1

Yes at The Last Story!

dallow_bg said:
Why would Kid Icarus take so long?

Glad they taking their time. Still skeptical about battles on the grounds. They have to improve that.

It would be nice to get Fatal Frame and Captain Rainbow as well...

Oh yeah: NOE please localize Soma Bringer, Pandora and Regenleiv as well!

BGBW said:
Its funny to see all this NoE love when people were ready to smite them over the E3 3D trailers.

Well it's clearly a weight of Reggie's shoulders to see how passive and tolerant their NA audience is, with all the "lol overreaction" directed at EU peeps. Enjoy your Q3/4 line up, guys!

Luigiv

Cygnus X-1 said:
Glad they taking their time. Still skeptical about battles on the grounds. They have to improve that.
What part of ground battles exactly? From what I played, the demo levels seem fine (Controls great too).

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh... If NoE won't even get Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow then all hope is lost.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
2012 is far for TLS, I hope they won't ditch it by then.

August is pretty close though, crossing fingers :)

Nice to see some high caliber 3DS games too.

Shiggy

September 9th release for extra-dimensional N64 remake

Nintendo has announced that Star Fox 64 3DS will be released in the UK on September 9th.

That's actually a couple of days before it hits shelves in the US, though some time after its Japanese debut in mid July.

The game, a remake of the 1997 N64 hit, adds a number of new features to the mix including tilt controls, a multiplayer opponent camera and the prerequisite 3D visuals.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44990/Star-Fox-64-3DS-dated

There's at least some truth to this ;)
But NoE prefers to tell its partners releasedates as late as possible, so please take all dates with caution.

Indyana

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Black Friday is a strictly American thing.

Nintendo have launched games at different times in different regions before, I think they will probably do the same again.
I wasn't as explicit as you because last year Amazon UK had Black Friday deals. So I thought it was possible that some stores have done something similar too.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Suffer non-PAL fools!

This is a sure reason why people should be demanding for no region locks on hardware.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Mafro said:
Kid Icarus better bloody not be a 2012 release...
Judging by the trailer shown at E3 there is voice acting in some capacity. They have to put that game in at least 5 different languages before it hits.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
No Rhythm Paradise in PAL-land, surely that's a mistake? Maybe American Wii owners will get that crumb of comfort to console themselves with.

Boerseun

Banned
I especially like that we're getting so many Kirby's in such a short time. This character has felt underutilised for years, and deserves a place in the limelight next to Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda as one of Nintendo's absolutely top tier franchises.

mclem

Ushojax said:
No Rhythm Paradise in PAL-land, surely that's a mistake? Maybe American Wii owners will get that crumb of comfort to console themselves with.

I've reached a stage where I don't particularly care *where* a game comes out, as long as it comes out *in English*; I'll be perfectly happy to import Rhythm Paradise if we don't see it over here.

If I do that, I'll have bought one in the series from Japan, one from Europe and one from the US, too.

Shiggy

Ushojax said:

I think it's just not listed. Nonetheless, it might not be released, on DS it was a huge flop. I bought it for 5 Euros, even though it was meant to cost 30 Euros. In addition, they provided an extra sleeve for the game case which featured Beyonce, still it didn't sell much better. It was also the only DS game for which Nintendo provided a game demo on a cartridge (which was more or less the same as the Nintendo Channel demo).

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I would gladly sacrifice Rhythm Tengoku for Xenoblade and The Last Story. This looks like it's gonna be the first time I'll ever import from Europe.

[Nintex]

Shiggy said:
I think it's just not listed. Nonetheless, it might not be released, on DS it was a huge flop. I bought it for 5 Euros, even though it was meant to cost 30 Euros. In addition, they provided an extra sleeve for the game case which featured Beyonce, still it didn't sell much better. It was also the only DS game for which Nintendo provided a game demo on a cartridge (which was more or less the same as the Nintendo Channel demo).
I don't think they'll bring it over they had fortune street and everything featured on the press sites but nothing on the Rhythm stuff.

djtiesto said:
I would gladly sacrifice Rhythm Tengoku for Xenoblade and The Last Story. This looks like it's gonna be the first time I'll ever import from Europe.

You didn't pick up tingle?

Are you some kind of monster.

Clipper said:
Actually, the current instructions make you immune to all the latest disc updates, so it's safe to play via those. Nintendo seems to have given up on blocking it as they know it's futile and are probably spending their time preparing to localize their releases properly/stop region locking games like cunts, thank goodness.

Fixed.

Let's hope for things that are to our benefit, rather than Nintendo's (whatever benefit there'd be to them in not releasing games in more than one region, that is).

mclem said:
The bolded makes so much sense, I wouldn't even resent it.

Hopefully they won't decide that rebuilding the game so that you can actually use the WiiU controller as you would the camera in the game won't be more trouble than it's worth...which is what they'd have to do to so justice to having it on the WiiU at all.

Indyana

Ushojax said:
I've just imagined this:

Europe:
Xenoblade ~ September
Kirby - November
Zelda SS - November
Rhythm Paradise ~ February
The Last Story ~ April

America:
Rhythm Paradise ~ September
Kirby - November
Zelda SS - November
Xenoblade ~ February
The Last Story ~ April

And the weirdest thing is that, looking at their localization history, I can't say this is impossible.

MLH

I'm pleased to see DS still getting a few releases; but I still need Fire Emblem Heroes of Light and Shadow. I guess there is no chance now?

Also, I assume Professor Layton is number 4, on DS, and not the 3DS game.

Shiggy

In the first post I assumed that Nintendo will release Super Smash Bros Brawl as part of the Nintendo Selects line during June. This is false. A 3rd party publisher is going to do a reprint, which is one of the few cases Nintendo lets others publish their titles (the last one I know of was NPC! Mario Power Tennis).

Top Bottom