• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Underappreciated Villains

Status
Not open for further replies.
estp-cypher-pics02.png

Cypher, The Matrix

Pretty one-note in his purpose, but his role in the movie was great. The future they're in sucks, some people are going to
regret the pill that they chose.

Everyone, this is a great example of how not to use spoiler tags.

jurgen

Clarrence Boddicker in Robocop

clarence-boddicker.jpg

There are so many great movie villains that are cold, calculating, menacing, etc. Clarrence isn't one of these. He's a crimelord that is barely bumblefucking his way through the entire movie. He tries to be cold and menacing but he's actually annoying the majority of the time and it makes you hate him more.

Also: he doesn't say "dumbass" once, which is even more disappointing.

Clarrence Boddicker in Robocop

clarence-boddicker.jpg

There are so many great movie villains that are cold, calculating, menacing, etc. Clarrence isn't one of these. He's a crimelord that is barely bumblefucking his way through the entire movie. He tries to be cold and menacing but he's actually annoying the majority of the time and it makes you hate him more.

Also: he doesn't say "dumbass" once, which is even more disappointing.

I agree, but the best part of his character in Robocop was that he was one crazy motherfucker.

Zakalwe

Banned
Lots of posters don't understand the point of this thread.

Also, please tell us where your examples are from /especially/ if you're actually doing what OP is asking for.

Demy

83cd45bfed3e7053da58d7652ff50f4d.jpg

Not the greatest action flick but Jon Lithgow did an impressively good job as the villain in Cliffhanger.

in Interstellar.

Say what you will about the themes in the movie, but I felt this character was a disheartening snapshot of how isolation and fear can turn even the most intelligent and courageous people into desperate cowards.

I'm not much for Marvel universe/TV crap, Daredevil was an okay, albeit a bit exhausting show to watch, but the parts that were enjoyable was mostly thanks to this guy...

fKWaSdn.jpg

Vincent D’Onofrio as Wilson Fisk in Marvel's The Daredevil.

83cd45bfed3e7053da58d7652ff50f4d.jpg

Not the greatest action flick but Jon Lithgow did an impressively good job as the villain in Cliffhanger.

Yeah, he's great in this film. Doing his best impression of Alan Rickman, but I thought he was a good and convincing villain. Also felt like he was just at the edge of losing control throughout the movie, but manages to maintain his composure through quick thinking (like
killing his girlfriend so he's the only one who can fly the helicopter so they have to keep him alive
).

Lots of posters don't understand the point of this thread.

Also, please tell us where your examples are from /especially/ if you're actually doing what OP is asking for.

This thread sucks. Everyone posting pics or gifs with no indication of where it's from. Harumph.

Yeah, this shit really annoys me and it happens in hundreds of topics. I don't even see the point in commenting if they're just going to post an image or gif with no accompanying text at all.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
"I want you..to find out.....who those two black putas de mierda are! And I want them lying right here, in Mama's garden, in these coffins!"

tapia-232.jpg

Bad Boys II....love this movie...so underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom