• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unicorn In The Room: iPhone SE & What It Means To Current Owners/Soon To Be Upgraders

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
My first iPhone was an iPhone 4 which I bought in November of 2010. The damn thing was amazeballs, and in 2013 I bought the iPhone 5c...I figured a fresh new case design, better camera, and some better internals was worth it. It stinks that I couldn't go above 32GB, but meh, whatcha gonna do?

Now another 3-year cycle has passed and man oh man do I want the SE. I had the ginormo iPhone 6 and 6+ that Apple has pushed on us and I'm overjoyed that they're reviving the smaller phones for the folks that want them.

Problem is that my 5c is still ticking along wonderfully, and I don't do enough on my phone to justify a new one just yet. (And with AT&T ditching two-year contracts I'm looking to pay more for the phone anyway.)

So I'll just sit on the sidelines and hope my 5c dies some sort of horrible death so I can buy a new phone. :p

Joking about that last part.

18j28fi8fibwjjpg.jpg

Now if I can just find that Famicom Cart case in a iPhone 5 size I'll be in business.

Vhalyar

Why do I feel like this thread is made by someone in the apple marketing department
The part where the OP fellates the phone for being the single most awesome best ever conceived greatest unmatched looking phone is pretty telling.

ethomaz

Banned
The part where the OP fellates the phone for being the single most awesome best ever conceived greatest unmatched looking phone is pretty telling.
Well I consider SE the best phone launch in maybe the last 5 years.

That is the market fault that didn't give me any phone option after 5S.

So it is right now for me the most awesome best ever thing to buy.

Lkr

I like the aesthetic of the SE, I personally loved the 4S so much. The problem is I don't think I can go back to something so small. I'm looking at a 7 plus when it comes out, I could use a bigger screen than my 6 has

johnny956

I've held onto my 5S since launch and was desperately hoping for a new iPhone in the same design. I hated all the 6 designs. Just felt so cheap.

Before the rumours started I was looking at non apple phones for the first time since 3G.

I didn't want any of them. Depressed I held onto my 5S and this announcement has made me so so excited. I may even pre order for the first time too!!

I was in the same boat. I like my 5s and I'll be getting the SE for sure. Apple offering a $150 trade in on it as well makes it an easy upgrade for me

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Huelen, I don't know whether to hug you for being as unique as you are or slapping the Apple out of you and run.

Job Opportunity: For $1 Million you have to live with Huelen for 365 consecutive days. You are not in any way able to impede Huelen's ability to speak to you in any way. Can you take the job? Can you make it through a whole year of this?

blamite

I only plan on upgrading to iPhones that have the 5S form factor (unless they actually come up with something better, but after the 6 I'm not exactly optimistic), so I'm pretty psyched about the SE. It doesn't have that 3D Touch stuff though, right? I'm probably fine without that, it seems kinda dumb anyway.

Garou

Tell Apple that. If iPhone 5 is a tick, then 5c is most definitely also a tick since they are the same phone minus plastic and a camera.

The whole tick/tock doesn't work since you cannot mix technological advances with price point/market-segmentation strategies, which are totally obvious in this case.

TylerD

It's a smaller faster rectangle. If you want it get it. If you don't, don't. This is not rocket science and doesn't require this much thought. Of course, you couldn't make this decision without informing us all of how painfully agonizing it is for you. What the hell makes the SE a unicorn in the room anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom