• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlimited pizza - a gift or a curse?

DESTROYA

I used to eat a lot of pizza.
Now ill have it without cheese.

My fav is red onion, sliced mushrooms, anchovies sometimes tuna fish and fresh basil.

Cheese is really good, but you would be surprised how good they can taste without it, plus it makes it way healthier too and would not be a bad thing eating them 3-5x a week.

That is just so wrong, It’s not even pizza without cheese.

GymWolf

a bless, i love pizza.

you americans don't even know what a good pizza is, everytime i watch some "new york pizza style" on serial tv my heart die a little inside.

joking...but not really :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:

Fret Runner

If I am what I eat, then I'll eat what I am.
source.gif

Just had some cold pizza this morning from last night.

I'd be fat AF as I cannot give up a good deal (free) and die an early death with a mixture of cheese and tomato sauce dripping from the edge of my mouth.
A life well lived

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I can eat a kg of steak or chicken and around three pizzas, so not unlimited, but a lot. It is a curse, because it means, I have to pay a lot to eat.

a bless, i love pizza.

you americans don't even know what a good pizza is, everytime i watch some "new york pizza style" on serial tv my heart die a little inside.

joking...but not really :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

My grandparents were from Calabria. The pizza they made was awesome but New York style pizza is still the shit.

GymWolf

My grandparents were from Calabria. The pizza they made was awesome but New York style pizza is still the shit.
yeah, it is absolute shit 😆 :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

joking of course, i traveled to new york for 4 days when i was 13 and the only pizza i tasted was a crime against humanity.

the best thing we eated during our travel was this english(?) breakfast in a local place with this old dude cooking, like the best breakfast i ever had in my life, we went 4 days straight on this place after the first day.

the only problem was the price, like 50-60 dollars for 4 people...but we regret nothing lol.

Amory

Yeah if I didn't feel guilt I could easily eat a whole large pizza in a sitting.

The best thing dominos ever did for my health was put the calories per slice on the menu in the app. Very hard to justify those numbers even though it's my favorite food. I eat a lot less pizza these days.

TacosNSalsa

I honestly thought so .I believed pizza was the perfect food at one time that I could eat every day for months and months...well given the situation of the last 2 weeks or so I learned that was a god damned lie to myself . It's gotten to the point where I'd rather go hungry than order pizza again

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
There's a limit.

A few years ago I traveled to a small city for the company I worked for and I'd work until very late at night. Every night, when I got to the hotel, the only place open in the region would be a pizza place.

I had pizza for dinner 5 days in a row and jeez, man, it get's to a point where you'd rather eat nothing.

GymWolf

pizza for tonight: margherita (so tomato sauce and mozzarella) with cooked ham, black olives, wurstel, sliced boiled egg and fried chips.

i call her the "tomorrow i need to run with my dog for a couple of km just to start digesting this shit".

i usually pick something more lighter but i basically didn't launched today, so...

Last edited:

BigBooper

I don't care about snooty pizza opinions; I could go for a thin Dominos pizza right about now. Lately, I've been getting it with italian sausage and mushrooms, and occasionally feta cheese. If you like mushrooms it's a great combo.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In my younger days I ate grotesque amounts of food

With pizza it’s always a “ok one more slice” scenario

Half the pizza is gone, ok but one more slice. Well there’s only a few slices left, might as well finish them

I was like this with my favorite pasta too (Pesto). I could eat like 6 pounds of pesto pasta
Ya, when I was younger I could eat more too.

2 footlong subs were doable.

And at any buffet, I could do 2 huge plates and another small plate of dessert. Now it's maybe 1.5 plates and that's it.

As for pizza, it depends what size pizza were talking about. Something small like a Dr Oetkers is doable, but let's say a 10 slice large pizza from a store, I could do probably do 5 slices.

I don't know if they have them anymore, but there used to be Pizza Hut buffets. It was such shit food, but hey when you can plow back 4-5 small slices and then another 2 dessert slices, it's worth $8.

Top Bottom