• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I might need to dust off my House Targaryen avatar.
I've been using my Lannister one for some time now. Sadly I can't edit it to say RIP on it after episode 2 because it would spoil people outside of GoT threads. :(

pulga

Banned
joffrey-clapping-game-of-thrones.gif

This OP pleases me.

Fuck, someone freeze me until next week.

VASPER

Banned
I have a odd request, i want to know what I'm in for in season 4 and i mean everything. I want it spoiled for me please i want to know what kind of shit is going to go down, weather you want to post it or PM me please give me a all the details for season 4 even if its from the books.

For Episode 8 to properly payoff, they need to establish Oberyn as a character the audience likes and can empathize with rather quickly. They have 7 episodes to work on that so I'd imagine that every scene is crucial.

They did a good job with ramping up Lady Olenna as someone the viewers can rally behind and laugh alongside with last season, so they writers just need to follow their own playbook.
^ Clearly that won't be an issue!
Part of me wants Stannis as king because it's his by robert's death.

But the other part of me doesn't think he deserves it. He's not "boss" enough.

Jon Snow will sit the iron throne and rule the seven kingdoms.

L9BI0Vo.gif

Speaking of Stannis, re-watching the show and this scene from yesterday: Stannis is a boss I say!

pulga

Banned
I have a odd request, i want to know what I'm in for in season 4 and i mean everything. I want it spoiled for me please i want to know what kind of shit is going to go down, weather you want to post it or PM me please give me a all the details for season 4 even if its from the books.

why? so you can go spoil other people?

3N16MA

Banned

Why not read the books?

Loke13

Stannis is not so easily manipulated.

Davos: This War of Kings is futile Your Grace! There is a bigger battle to be fought in the North!

Stannis: I will sit on the Iron Throne execute this traitor!

Melisandre: *takes note and reads it* This War of Kings is futile! There is a bigger battle to be fought in the North. Oh, and we'll need Davos too I guess.

Stannis: It seems there is a bigger battle to be fought in the North Davos you're on probation.

Yonafunu

uhm

why

DKehoe

For Episode 8 to properly payoff, they need to establish Oberyn as a character the audience likes and can empathize with rather quickly. They have 7 episodes to work on that so I'd imagine that every scene is crucial.

They did a good job with ramping up Lady Olenna as someone the viewers can rally behind and laugh alongside with last season, so they writers just need to follow their own playbook.

From the couple short clips we have seen of Oberyn I think people will take to him very quickly. The scene in the youtube video on bastards they put up where (spoilering this since it's not in the books)
he and Cersei discuss the treatment of bastards
will make a lot of people like him. Also he's coming in with an anti-Lannister agenda (while also being somewhat cordial with Tyrion) so people will like that too.

Aiii

So not worth it

Davos: This War of Kings is futile Your Grace! There is a bigger battle to be fought in the North!

Stannis: I will sit on the Iron Throne execute this traitor!

Melisandre: *takes note and reads it* This War of Kings is futile! There is a bigger battle to be fought in the North. Oh, and we'll need Davos too I guess.

Stannis: It seems there is a bigger battle to be fought in the North Davos you're on probation.

This is all reverse psychology, Stannis is tricking her into thinking she's in charge. All he's after is shadow baby assassin's and infinite ressurection spells.

VASPER

Banned
why? so you can go spoil other people?

Yes thats why, really man? i started to read the books after the second season but i am a slow reader and want to know whats going on I'm addicted. Oddly enough i enjoy hearing whats going on, like i knew the red wedding was going to happen, i still enjoy watching the show.

3N16MA

Banned
Yes thats why, really man? i started to read the books after the second season but i am a slow reader and want to know whats going on I'm addicted. Oddly enough i enjoy hearing whats going on, like i knew the red wedding was going to happen, i still enjoy watching the show.

The audiobooks are great. Roy Dotrice kind of goes off base with some of the voices and name pronunciations after A Storm of Swords but overall it's still amazing work.

Yonafunu

Dude, season 4 is only a week away. Can't you just wait? It's so much better to see/read it play out yourself than just being told everything.

You could always go read the wiki article on Storm of Swords and spoil yourself.

Yonafunu

what ever i'll just sit here and try and piece together the shit you all are talking about.

Do you really have this little patience? I mean, I could understand doing this right after season 3 ended, but now? A week before season 4 starts? Just wait it out man.

Loke13

This is all reverse psychology, Stannis is tricking her into thinking she's in charge. All he's after is shadow baby assassin's and infinite ressurection spells.
Holy crap! You're right the genius is in it's simplicity I can't believe I never noticed.

_Ryo_

Your favorite character will die. I am not even joking. How do I know who your favorite character is, you might ask. Well, I ask the same thing to you. ;)

snag

I'm really looking forward to the Viper/Mountain fight. When I was reading the books, the result hit me harder than Robb's death. I'm not sure why. But I remember reading it on a 10 hour flight, and I had to put the book down for like an hour before I could continue again.

But I think it won't get the same reaction as the red wedding on the TV show.

Aiii

So not worth it

If you want to know, sure...

Joffrey is poisoned and murder at his wedding feast, Tyrion is falsely accused of this murder and imprissoned, to be sentenced to death. He will chose trial by combat and The Viper Oberyn Tyrell will face Cersei's champion The Mountain. Both end up dead. Tyrion will be released by Jaimie at the end of the season and flee the city... After murdering his Father, and Shae, who is banging him at the time.

Sansa will escape the city the night of the wedding and head to the Eyrie with Littlefinger.

Khaleesi sits on the throne, does nothing, and dreams about fucking Daario all day.

Arya ends up abandoning a dying Hound and heads for Braavos to start elite assassins training.

Bran hooks up to tree internet in the north.

Jon fights a battle against the wildlings at Castle Black, Ygritte dies in this battle, Jon becomes Lord Commander after Sam interferes in the vote and convinces everyone to support him.

Brienne goes off to find Arya with Podrick Payne, they encounter the Brotherhood of the Banners under new undead leadership.

There you go, you're spoiled. Legit. Some of this might not be in this season and held off until S5.

I'm really looking forward to the Viper/Mountain fight. When I was reading the books, the result hit me harder than Robb's death. I'm not sure why. But I remember reading it on a 10 hour flight, and I had to put the book down for like an hour before I could continue again.

But I think it won't get the same reaction as the red wedding on the TV show.

Yeah, I really though Oberyn was going to win. Plus all of his emotion and rage was poured into his dialogue and actions. Really tragic to read.

pulga

Banned

Joffrey is poisoned and murder at his wedding feast, Tyrion is falsely accused of this murder and imprissoned, to be sentenced to death. He will choose trial by combat and The Viper Oberyn Tyrell will face Cersei's champion The Mountain. Both end up dead. Tyrion will be released by Jaimie at the end of the season and flee the city... After murdering his Father, and Shae, who is banging him at the time.

Sansa will escape the city the night of the wedding and head to the Eyrie with Littlefinger.

Khaleesi sits on the throne, does nothing, and dreams about fucking Daario all day.

Arya ends up abandoning a dying Hound and heads for Braavos to start elite assassins training.

Jon fights a battle against the wildlings at Castle Black, Ygritte dies in this battle, Jon becomes Lord Commander after Sam interferes in the vote and convinces everyone to support him.

Brienne goes off to find Arya with Podrick Payne, they encounter the Brotherhood of the Banners under new undead leadership.

There you go, you're spoiled. Legit. Some of this might not be in this season and held off until S5.

Aiii
So not worth it
(Today, 03:53 PM)

pulga

Banned
It's the no spoiler tag thread, he wants to know, why not just tell him?

It's his choice, who am I to judge?

I know, what I meant by it is that it's so not worth it to get spoiled, and even less by some quickly thrown together synopsis
KuGsj.gif

PFD

From the couple short clips we have seen of Oberyn I think people will take to him very quickly. The scene in the youtube video on bastards they put up where (spoilering this since it's not in the books)
he and Cersei discuss the treatment of bastards
will make a lot of people like him. Also he's coming in with an anti-Lannister agenda (while also being somewhat cordial with Tyrion) so people will like that too.

Link for the youtube clip?

He is going to defend Tyrion, for show watchers that itself will be enough.

dubq

The guy playing little finger is actually pretty good, it's just his fucking changing accent that is all sorts of awful.

There could be all sorts of reasons for this, though. It could be something like misdirection from the Directors to something like there being something going on with his vocal cords. I honestly don't think it's something he's consciously doing as an actor, though, as he would be no doubt told not to do so by the show-runners.

VASPER

Banned

Joffrey is poisoned and murder at his wedding feast, Tyrion is falsely accused of this murder and imprissoned, to be sentenced to death. He will chose trial by combat and The Viper Oberyn Tyrell will face Cersei's champion The Mountain. Both end up dead. Tyrion will be released by Jaimie at the end of the season and flee the city... After murdering his Father, and Shae, who is banging him at the time.

Thank you.

Damn shit gets crazy i read this and i loved it cant wait to watch it.

http://www.heavy.com/entertainment/2014/03/game-of-thrones-season-4-book-spoilers-deaths/

I am a weird creature yes, if i am really into something i want to know about it. I am super stoked to see how it plays out, just reading that does't ruin it for me.

I guess since you already know I'll clarify something. It's not confirmed that the Hound is actually dead. The books have hinted that he survived, but nothing is confirmed.

Herr K

Banned

The throne Dany sits, is the Meereenese throne, which is worth little. Brienne goes off to find Sansa, not Arya.

Herr K

Banned
So who poisoned Joffrey?

You roughly know what happens now. If you want to go deeper, look that up on the ASOIF Wiki, which should have plenty of info on the 5 books.

I'd recommend you to just wait and see, don't spoil everything just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom