• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
We're getting Stoneheart this season? Why are they going so fast?!

Fast? Technically she should have been the closing seen of last season or the opening of this season I would say. If they're smart about it she's the closing scene of the season.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So who poisoned Joffrey?
DfBVsCq.jpg

Margaery's grandmother with the help of Littlefinger and an unwitting Sansa to smuggle in the poison.

Herr K

Banned
I'm sorry. I got shit mixed up. But they are going a bit too fast with some arcs, Bran's, for example.

thanks plug lol

Edit: Carice is perfect as Melisandre <3

pulga

Banned
Is anyone else bothered by new Daario? Doesn't look flamboyant at all. Might be that he acts like it, but sheesh, he looks just like any other long haired, bearded white guy.

I'm sorry. I got shit mixed up. But they are going a bit too fast with some arcs, Bran's, for example.

thanks plug lol

Bran's is one I'm not too bothered with, I'm sure they'll find a way to give him new scenes of him creepin' on people via the Treenternet.

Aiii

So not worth it
Michel Huisman is a pretty great actor, he'll win you over for sure.

Alot better at English than Carice too, if Nashville is anything to go by.

Herr K

Banned
Totally. I see no golden tooth on this Daario. Let's not even talk about his normal boring ugly non-Tyroshi brown beard and hair.

thanks plug lol

Edit: Carice is perfect as Melisandre <3

Yeah. But they can't just skip over characters for a full season like in the books. Especially for Dany and Tyrion. I mean Tyrion's arc is book three, but next season he'll be in Essos. And yeah books 4 and 5 happen at the same time, but eventually they're going to have to start doing book 6 material.

3N16MA

Banned
Is anyone else bothered by new Daario? Doesn't look flamboyant at all. Might be that he acts like it, but sheesh, he looks just like any other long haired, bearded white guy.

Bran's is one I'm not too bothered with, I'm sure they'll find a way to give him new scenes of him creepin' on people via the Treenternet.

Fg9erzX.jpg

The true Daario.

pulga

Banned
Michel Huisman is a pretty great actor, he'll win you over for sure.

Alot better at English than Carice too, if Nashville is anything to go by.

If I end up liking him then he's already failed.

I hated old Daario with a passion. Smarmy looking doucherag.

Herr K

Banned
see now i wanna see that shit even more. You have no idea.

Just don't go around spoilering other people, it's not cool. That's something only I'm allowed to do on Twitter.

The art for 99.9% of characters on the ASOIF Wiki is shit. The Purple Wedding thing looks like a joke.

Daario is a totally shit character in all of his guises. If there was any chance that he could have been removed without wrecking Dany's plot, then the opportunity should have been taken.

As it is, I'd rather have the charismatic guy that we seem to have now over the offputting douche-lord that the character was last year. Daario needs to be magnetic and compelling to work properly- he wasn't written like that in the books, and Skrein wasn't that in the show, either. I hope Huisman finally does him right.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Whee! New season!

The show is really aiming for the whole generic medieval fantasy look, so I'm not surprised.

VASPER

Banned
Just don't go around spoilering other people, it's not cool. That's something only I'm allowed to do on Twitter.

The art for 99.9% of characters on the ASOIF Wiki is shit. The Purple Wedding thing looks like a joke.

I promise that's not how i roll, my boss can't stand spoilers and i understand people want to see it unfold.

Will that even make it into this season?

Set your calendar for episode 10. It's happening.

The Children =...
  • Tywin getting murdered by one of his children
  • The Children of the Forest
  • One of Dany's "children" murdering innocents
  • Appearance of Lady Stoneheart, preoccupied with thoughts of revenge for her children
GET HYPE

pulga

Banned

The Children =...
  • Appearance of Lady Stoneheart, preoccupied with thoughts of revenge for her children
GET HYPE

tumblr_moh59oPqcS1r2fqvso1_500.gif

The Children =...
GET HYPE

Also Sansa becoming "the child" of Littlefinger.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I wonder how the CotF will look. The book description is pretty vague IIRC, and the fan art differs quite a lot.

They're probably going to look just like small humans, but maybe with shiny eyes and longish fingernails or something. The giants look like big yetis/sasquaches in the books but in the show they just look like big people, so I don't think they'll make the Children of the Forest look otherworldly or animalistic.

jett

D-Member
I wonder how the CotF will look. The book description is pretty vague IIRC, and the fan art differs quite a lot.

They're obviously going to be little kids dressed in leaf-like clothes. This show is totally against characters looking too out there.

Anth1888

That would look so stupid in live action. I wouldn't be ale to take it seriously.

Agreed. Like The Hunger Games adaptations with the Capitol population. The new Mountain looks the part as well, although I think of Tommen to be chubby.

Great work on the thread, Steely.

Also, my usual note to the book-reader folks: please don't post in the no book spoilers thread. You might think that you're helping or it's funny, but you aren't and it isn't. The rules in that OP are pretty straightforward, and if you need any clarification please feel free to send me a PM.

Anyway, looking forward to another season of Game of Thrones with everyone on here - should be a good one.

FootballFan

Fair enough. He also is a horrible actor for a role that is so important. Seriously, where did they find some of these people.

Kit Harrington you know nothing. At least he claims to have read all the books, that's a plus.

P.S. Not all actors hired for this series are bad. Some are quite amazing actually.

ib04lm3ULEW2YV.gif

Daenerys...why must you be so boring.

Her eyebrows have a life of their own.

Also, I'm not ready for this:

“Jon Snow, is this a proper castle now? Not just a tower?”

“It is.” Jon took her hand.

“Good,” she whispered. “I wanted t’ see one proper castle, before … before I …”

“You’ll see hundred castles. The battle’s done. Maester Aemon will see to you. You’re kissed by fire, remember? Lucky. It will take more than an arrow to kill you. Aemon will draw it out and patch you up, and we’ll get milk of the poppy for the pain.”

She just smiled at that. “D’you remember that cave? We should have stayed in that cave. I told you so.”

“We’ll go back to the cave,” he said.” You’re not going to die, Ygritte. You’re not.”

“Oh.” Ygritte cupped his cheek with her hand. “You know nothing, Jon Snow,” she sighed, dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom