• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
vldJ5UB.jpg

arrested westeros strikes again. brilliant.

Moff

"Spoilers" about things potentially happening this season:

Kit Harington teases a cold ending to Season 4 for Jon Snow

If this scene is what I think it is... Fetch me a hype.

killing off slynt or what?
not sure I'd like that, that is one of the very, very few highlighits of AFFC/ADWD, I dont know why they would put that in the already highlight loaded season 4. probably so that the actor doesnt need to appear for another season?

maybe its also something completel new, something jon does at the battle of the wall

edit: no killing slynt doesnt make sense at all, jon well become lord commander after the battle at the wall, so he will be lord commander in episode 10, it doesnt make sense to kill off slynt right away, or does it?

FootballFan

I hope it's not that. I hope it's save for early S5.

As long as Stoneheart is the last thing we see this season I'd be very happy.

As for Edd fetch me a block...I am indifferent as to whether it is at the end of this season or beginning of next. But maybe squeezing it in right before the Stoneheart reveal wouldn't be too bad.

TCRS

Banned
and cersei's reaction to joff's death in the show was...not very good. terribly disappointing actually.

yeah that was bad. I was expecting lots of screaming, tearing her hairs out, trying to save joffrey etc. instead we got some unconvincing cold rage. doesn't make much sense when her son is dying in her arms.

I kept trying to spot if there was a gem missing from Sansa necklace, and I couldn't spot one missing... Anyone actually spot it?

haha I was looking as well, but I didn't see anything. all of them were there.

Trasher

I hope it's not that. I hope it's saved for early S5.

If it is that then we are well into Jon's storyline. Would almost seem rushed for the current pace they are taking. Maybe they push it up for a certain reason. I mean this is ADWD territory so that means Jon is already LC. That is an awful lot of ground they would need to cover by the end of the season. Doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Also, sort of off subject, but it got me thinking about the preview we saw of Sam leaving the Wall with Gilly. If that is happening already then how the hell is Jon going to win his leadership?! Sam orchestrated that whole thing so I don't see how they accomplish that without him there. Hopefully it isn't a lazy explanation where Jon just wins over everyone at the Wall.

Oh and guys, you don't need to spoiler this stuff. It's all speculation at this point anyways. Just no TWOW spoilers.

edit: no killing slynt doesnt make sense at all, jon well become lord commander after the battle at the wall, so he will be lord commander in episode 10, it doesnt make sense to kill off slynt right away, or does it?
Yeah I can't come up with a scenario where it makes sense to me. Stannis needs to be around for all of that to happen regardless in my opinion.

Aiii

So not worth it
Almost certainly the last scene of the season. The only doubt is whether she's introduced killing Freys like the books or they skip ahead to her encounter with Brienne.

They'll show her Frey scene I'm sure, no reason to rush to Brienne's storyline just for the sake of it. Plus, if they bump up the Brienne scene, Stoneheart will be gone for several seasons after the big reveal, that won't stand.

kirblar

edit: based on that comment in the interview:
You know, what if they actually just moved the "kill your lover" thing from Tyrion to Jon?

Jon won't touch his S5 material - the political stuff needs a whole season to breathe.

Moff

If it is that then we are well into Jon's storyline. Would almost seem rushed for the current pace they are taking. Maybe they push it up for a certain reason. I mean this is ADWD territory so that means Jon is already LC. That is an awful lot of ground they would need to cover by the end of the season. Doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Also, sort of off subject, but it got me thinking about the preview we saw of Sam leaving the Wall with Gilly. If that is happening already then how the hell is Jon going to win his leadership?! Sam orchestrated that whole thing so I don't see how they accomplish that without him there. Hopefully it isn't a lazy explanation where Jon just wins over everyone at the Wall.

Oh and guys, you don't need to spoiler this stuff. It's all speculation at this point anyways. Just no TWOW spoilers.
I believe we are supposed to use spoiler tags on preview stuff.

anyway,
I think the "cold" thing jon does, could be something at the battle of the wall that will him earn enough respect to win the vote. maybe killing of thenns or something.

Trasher

If Jon ends up becoming Lord Commander just for winning the battle at the Wall, I am going to be pissed off. Seems like a lazy way of achieving that, but that situation would make a lot of sense if Sam does indeed leave the Wall as early as this coming episode.

Trasher

I believe we are supposed to use spoiler tags on preview stuff.

anyway,
I think the "cold" thing jon does, could be something at the battle of the wall that will him earn enough respect to win the vote. maybe killing of thenns or something.
I'm fairly certain we don't have to. That's kind of the whole premise of this thread. I apologize if I'm wrong though.

There are no rules!

Kidding of course, there is one spoiler-related rule. Any content from books beyond A Dance with Dragons needs to be appropriately spoiler-tagged. Please use the tag TWOW or ADOS so everyone is on the same page.

If Jon ends up becoming Lord Commander just for winning the battle at the Wall, I am going to be pissed off. Seems like a lazy way of achieving that, but that situation would make a lot of sense if Sam does indeed leave the Wall as early as this coming episode.
i can totally see them going that route. unfortunately.
would suck massive balls.

FootballFan

They'll show her Frey scene I'm sure, no reason to rush to Brienne's storyline just for the sake of it. Plus, if they bump up the Brienne scene, Stoneheart will be gone for several seasons after the big reveal, that won't stand.

Wont happen but would have loved if they take it in a different direction.

Imagine the scene where the Brotherhood discovers her body, Beric then demands to give her the kiss of life. Thoros tells him not to do it as it has been too long, Beric defies him, then dies.

And as the final shot of the season , as with episode 2?(correct me here) from season 1 where Lady dies and Bran opens his eyes, likewise Cat opens her eyes which are filled with pure rage and hatred. Joffrey esque.

A haunting image for the viewers to remember as they wait for season 5.

But if they stick to the book version, with the Merret Frey scenario and her reveal. That would be just fine as well. :p

Actually on second thought the time lines are not matching, in my scenario she would be decomposed to the point of no return. So Merret Frey it is.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm fairly certain we don't have to. That's kind of the whole premise of this thread. I apologize if I'm wrong though.
There's one rule that applies to all TV threads on GAF, once it's aired on the east coast in the US (for US shows) or in the country of origin (like Doctor Who in the UK for example) then you don't have to spoiler tag it. The only exception is preview material.

Saying that, we shouldn't bother with that rule because we all know what's coming.

Antagon

Or just have Margaery marry Tommen who is next in line because that would make the Tyrells look even better to the people while giving Margaery a lot of power in a much safer setting since Tommen doesn't seem to be a madman...at least yet... :p

But I keep going back to Littlefinger being involved though due to Sansa being helped to flee the city. I posted about it a few times explaining his motives and his goals, and it just makes sense to me. Repaying Joffrey for Catelyn's death among other things, including Ros's death, but it also gives him Sansa who he wanted in the past since she can be used in the North while also being the daughter of his beloved Catelyn. Maybe he'll keep her hidden a while before making his own moves.

So many people have something to gain with this move and this just seems like something Littlefinger would do. Oberyn definitely wouldn't do something like this since he seems very vocal about his hatred for the Lannisters and wants to kill them himself and poison is seen as being very cowardly and lacking any honor. Who else would use the drunk guy as a patsy to cover his/her tracks and want Sansa to escape as well?

I also try to look at it from a story-telling perspective since Littlefinger has gone missing since going to The Vale. He was a major character in the past and I don't see him going away anytime soon, so what better way to bring him back than this? Maybe Olenna and LF teamed up for this joyous occasion! :D

I want it to be Littlefinger! I go back and forth between loving and hating him. Such a mysterious character who plays the game dirty, but survives.

From the no book spoilers thread. You can't convince me that this guy hasn't read the books. :/

There's one rule that applies to all TV threads on GAF, once it's aired on the east coast in the US (for US shows) or in the country of origin (like Doctor Who in the UK for example) then you don't have to spoiler tag it. The only exception is preview material.

Saying that, we shouldn't bother with that rule because we all know what's coming.

Well, this is kind of an exception since, as you said, we all know what's going to happen here.

Gonna be very interesting when the show catches up to the books, and we get a "NO SHOW SPOILERS"-tag for the book thread. :lol

Trasher

Yeah...this show doesn't really fit that guideline very well haha. I mean if that's true for this thread then there would still be black bars everywhere. Couldn't even be talking about half the shit that we do in here lol. Even "Coldhands" would need to be spoilered. Or even referring to Stannis making it to the wall, or Jon being elected LC. All of that shit haha! Just the other week I was posting sceenshots of Sansa at the Eyrie from the trailers so that would be off limits too. Seems silly for this thread!

Moff

it would be a change from the books, I guess thats why people thought it would be appropriate to use spoiler tags, me at least.

I'm not sure but there were some leaks last year and we had some episodes early, and I think we were supposed to use spoilers for them in the book reader thread, I might mix it up though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah...this show doesn't really fit that guideline very well haha. I mean if that's true for this thread then there would still be black bars everywhere. Couldn't even be talking about half the shit we do really lol. Even "Coldhands" would need to be spoilered. Or even referring to Stannis making it to the wall, or Jon being elected LC. All of that shit haha!
Even the rule about no D&E/PatQ shouldn't apply. We're book readers, read everything or GTFO.

I can understand about no TWoW sample chapters because some would rather wait until it's released in
2025 lol
to read the whole thing.

TCRS

Banned
We could tag things that are specifically going to happen in the next episode. We all know what's going to happen generally, but I for example have no idea what's happening in the next episode since I didn't watch the preview. Not sure I want to know either, I like surprises.

Trasher

it would be a change from the books, I guess thats why people thought it would be appropriate to use spoiler tags, me at least.

I'm not sure but there were some leaks last year and we had some episodes early, and I think we were supposed to use spoilers for them in the book reader thread, I might mix it up though.
I thought that was because that rule existed last year, but not this year? Or did that change get made like well into the third season or something? I thought the whole spoiler tag rule was done away with for these threads eventually.

Even the rule about no D&E/PatQ shouldn't apply. We're book readers, read everything or GTFO.

I can understand about no TWoW sample chapters because some would rather wait until it's released in
2025 lol
to read the whole thing.
Yeah this makes complete sense obviously.

I did just find this from the offseason thread where it seemed any trailers or interviews with potential season 4 tidbits were all free game.

***Please read the rules regarding spoilers below.***

***UNTAGGED SPOILERS FROM ALL RELEASED SONG OF ICE AND FIRE BOOKS (1-5) ARE PERMITTED IN THIS THREAD***

Please note that all preview material from book 6 (and beyond) needs to be properly spoiler tagged. Please use ‘TWOW’ to tag material from said book.

I just thought that the whole annoyance last year was that we couldn't easily speculate about previews of any kind and what the changes could potentially be without the constant annoyance of spoiler tagging everything. That's what I thought most of us fought for before this season, and I thought Steely ended up granting that permission during one of the offseason threads. I mean whatever the rule is we will know soon I guess, but it seems like it has been unclear to quite a few people then. I've seen so many subjects that should have been tagged if that is the case, and to me it seemed like everything was free game apart from TWOW obviously.

I mean, hell, people in here have been coming in and asking what episode Tywin dies in and everyone answers them openly haha. Whole episodic event speculations for the entire season have been laid out by like all of us. If we have to spoiler that stuff then what's the point? To me, most of the fun is from all of that sort of discussion. It's fun to figure out what the show is doing and deciphering the differences from the book which inevitably lead to the speculation of what's coming or what has been taken out.

Moff

I'm fine with anything and honestly dont really care, but others might so I wanted to be on the safe side by using spoiler tags

Trasher

I'm fine with anything and honestly dont really care, but others might so I wanted to be on the safe side by using spoiler tags

Oh for sure. It just seemed like everyone was posting anything and everything openly since before the show even started so I was under the impression we were all good with it based on all of the other posts that had been made up to this point. If Steely and Cornballer want tags though then I'll give them their dirty tags!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Joff's death was incredibly gruesome, they really sold it. Props to Gleeson, it looked like a very, very painful death. I agree on Cersei's reaction though, that was pretty tame.

The most remarkable thing for me this ep is how much the production values (seem to) have improved from season to season. The entire Purple Wedding set-up looked like it belonged in a big budget feature... This was already clear from the trailers, but it was even more impressive in the actual ep. The visual quality of these scenes was outstanding.

Bolton scenes are turning out great. We got the most convincing Ramsay & Reek combo.

This has to become the best season of the show so far, and they're doing their best to make it so...

It's funny how, wedding aside, every plotline in this episode was lifted from AFFC/ADWD.
Ramsey preparing to take Moat Cailin.
Jaime training up his left hand.
Bran having weirwood visions north of the Wall.

The Kings Landing and Wall plots are going to be ASOS-centric, but I honestly believe that the show's going past that everywhere else this season.

Trasher

It's funny how, wedding aside, every plotline in this episode was lifted from AFFC/ADWD.

The Kings Landing and Wall plots are going to be ASOS-centric, but I honestly believe that the show's going past that everywhere else this season.

Looks like the Wall/Jon/Sam storylines are about to get a dose of the AFFC/ADWD storylines as well here pretty soon. Roose just sent Locke to the wall which should be interesting.

Corpsepyre

Banned

They have 3 seasons to go, and have to wind things up. Plus, AFFC isn't exactly adaptable on its own. They'll loser a fuckton viewers if they go that route, so they're taking things from the later books for the season and mixing things up. Makes sense.

Moff

its becoming more and more obvious that AFFC/ADWD will be finished by the end of season 5, which is what I expected.

but I doubt jaime will leave kings landing this season, it looks like they are setting up a rivalry between him and loras, which will probably end with loras joining the kingsguard an not marrying cersei

Forkball

Why has no one mentioned Bloodraven as a possible suspect for Joff's assassination? The clues are all there!

PS I love how the internet has resorted to examining an old woman fiddling with a necklace frame by frame.

PPS I also love my phone autotypes Bloodraven now.

Wont happen but would have loved if they take it in a different direction.

Imagine the scene where the Brotherhood discovers her body, Beric then demands to give her the kiss of life. Thoros tells him not to do it as it has been too long, Beric defies him, then dies.

And as the final shot of the season , as with episode 2?(correct me here) from season 1 where Lady dies and Bran opens his eyes, likewise Cat opens her eyes which are filled with pure rage and hatred. Joffrey esque.

A haunting image for the viewers to remember as they wait for season 5.

But if they stick to the book version, with the Merret Frey scenario and her reveal. That would be just fine as well. :p

Actually on second thought the time lines are not matching, in my scenario she would be decomposed to the point of no return. So Merret Frey it is.

The perfect way to bring back Catelyn would actually be:
Brotherhood comes accoss her body, Beric wants to give the kiss of life. Thoros says it won't work, it's been too long. She is dead. Beric starts crying/etc etc
Go to the Littlefinger and Sansa. Talks about his mom, kisses her. Lyssa comes up, they have their convo, "I have only ever loved one woman..." pushes her out..."Only Cat"
Pan to brotherhood, we see Catelyn rise up, Beric dead beside her, eyes red with fury screaming Walder Frey's name

End with some Stark music or something.

Actually, that is possible this season right?

calza

Brotherhood comes accoss her body, Beric wants to give the kiss of life. Thoros says it won't work, it's been too long. She is dead. Beric starts crying/etc etc
Go to the Littlefinger and Sansa. Talks about his mom, kisses her. Lyssa comes up, they have their convo, "I have only ever loved one woman..." pushes her out..."Only Cat"
Pan to brotherhood, we see Catelyn rise up, Beric dead beside her, eyes red with fury screaming Walder Frey's name

Considering her throat was slit it makes no sense for her scream. The way the book did it was better. Have the brotherhood doing their thing then have Catelyn come out of the shadows, and identify the Frey as being at the wedding.

Either way, however they tackle it, I can't fucking wait. Especially for people not expecting it. It will be glorious!!

Zabka

Having Stoneheart scream with rage doesn't jive with how I pictured her. I saw her as totally cold and emotionless.

I think they've missed the opportunity to show her body as well. Nymeria would have been perfect for that moment in the final episode of Season 3.

NekoFever

Considering her throat was slit it makes no sense for her scream. The way the book did it was better. Have the brotherhood doing their thing then have Catelyn come out of the shadows, and identify the Frey as being at the wedding.

This is more like how I see it happening in my head. Maybe sow some indications throughout the season that everyone hates the Freys now so that an outlaw band hanging some won't seem particularly unusual, then basically do it like in the book: one of them claims they don't have a witness to say he was at the wedding, they say they do, Cat steps out of the shadows, the end.

Don't even explain how she's back. Leave people hanging (no pun intended) and do it next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom