• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I hope you are right, but I fear that the Kingsmoot, and by extension Yara's uncles, will be cut from the show.

I'll just say it: if Victarion and Euron are cut from the show, I will stop watching after this season is over.

Victarion's rampage towards Mereen is my favorite part of the books, and I will be incredibly salty if it is gone for no good reason. Yes, I'm sure he is just being set up for a cool death (I know nothing about Winds of Winter so this isn't any kind of spoiler), but I love him all the same.

my first thought at the end of this episode was

i hope we get to see oberyn and loras bang

good ep though, kinda with Cersei had been a little more upset, but I got a little chill when she yelled "Take him!", that was great.

You know what, now that you mention it, I can almost guarantee we'll see it next week.

Calamari41

41 > 38
If they cut them that means removing the Iron Born invasion of the Shield. That scenario is bound to be continue being relevant in the books, so why do it?

I'm totally with you. Getting rid of them takes way too big a chunk out of the "happenings" of the later books. Even if it isn't involved in the end-game, who cares? Leave some cool stuff in.

The Kingsmoot will almost certainly be cut, IMO. Balon will die, Euron will claim the Seastone Chair, and will proceed to rub Victarion's face in it, before sending him to retrieve Dany halfway through the season. Asha will be nowhere near- they wouldn't be sending her across Westeros just to immediately being her back again- and Damphair will be totally cut.

I can't see them giving Euron and Victarion the cut. They both strike me as too important to the story's overall direction. The rest will get the heave-ho, though. It's just a case of simplification, honestly- rather than burning screen time with a complicated electoral system that doesn't feature any characters we know, just change the rules of succession and get on with it.

Actually, I'm willing to bet that both Yara and Theon are presumed dead by the Ironborm by the time Balon dies.

FootballFan

I'll just say it: if Victarion and Euron are cut from the show, I will stop watching after this season is over.

Victarion's rampage towards Mereen is my favorite part of the books, and I will be incredibly salty if it is gone for no good reason. Yes, I'm sure he is just being set up for a cool death (I know nothing about Winds of Winter so this isn't any kind of spoiler), but I love him all the same.

Victarion...

iFZeXsZgaLCVt.gif

I would not miss him to be honest.

Trasher

Does he really rampage towards Mereen? I can't even remember him doing that much except for the fleet doing one engagement along the Westerosi coastline at one point. And then picking up that random red priest that heals his hand. Please refresh me though. I don't remember much rampaging.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Victarion...

iFZeXsZgaLCVt.gif

Come on, bro, given the choice between seeing him step out of that cabin amidst steam and smoke with his lava arm ready to start slitting childrens' throats versus not seeing it, you would choose to not see it?

Vick is on the way to punch a dragon in the face. It must be seen.

Does he really rampage towards Mereen? I can't even remember him doing that much except for the fleet doing one engagement along the Westerosi coastline at one point. And then picking up that random red priest that heals his hand. Please refresh me though. I don't remember much rampaging.

His last chapter in DwD is all about him taking over numerous fleets and sacrificing kids to both the red and drowned gods on the path to Mereen.

It's great because everybody else has been pussyfooting around all book getting to Mereen, and Vick gets there in a chapter.

FootballFan

No I think you got the gist of the brute that is Victarion.

Hope he meets his end soon. Dislike him greatly. :p

Come on, bro, given the choice between seeing him step out of that cabin amidst steam and smoke with his lava arm ready to start slitting childrens' throats versus not seeing it, you would choose to not see it?

Vick is on the way to punch a dragon in the face. It must be seen.

While cool and would love a visual of the mayhem he causes, I really hope he gets devoured by a dragon.

#VictarionOUT

P.S. I like your enthusiasm and love of Victarion.

Dawg

With all of the actors dieing this season they'll have more money to add more next.

I could think of many side character that could be cut out but those two really couldn't.

Exactly what I was thinking. Especially with Tywin & Joffrey gone, they could use some new characters.

I do too. Euron, in particular, has been hinted to be much too integral to the series, IMO.

This, too. I don't think they can just scrap them.

Calamari41

41 > 38
While cool and would love a visual of the mayhem he causes, I really hope he gets devoured by a dragon.

#VictarionOUT

This is why I'm ok with Winds of Winter taking a while to come out. Of course he is going to be (justly) eaten by a dragon, but as long as those words aren't in front of us, I can imagine him punching Viserion or Rhaegal into obedience. With his lava arm. While Blood and Thunder plays in the background.

Hold on, I'm getting too pumped, I'm gonna go run a few laps while shadow boxing.

FootballFan

This is why I'm ok with Winds of Winter taking a while to come out. Of course he is going to be (justly) eaten by a dragon, but as long as those words aren't in front of us, I can imagine him punching Viserion or Rhaegal into obedience. With his lava arm. While Blood and Thunder plays in the background.

Hold on, I'm getting too pumped, I'm gonna go run a few laps while shadow boxing.

Lol.

That's the thing we do not know where the story will lead him, hopefully straight into a dragons belly.

I hope you are right, but I fear that the Kingsmoot, and by extension Yara's uncles, will be cut from the show.

I hope not. I think it would be a real shame to lose the Kingsmoot, and especially the rest of the Greyjoy family. But I really have no idea how exactly they'll be handling all of that. There hasn't been a lot of set up for that storyline so far.

I feel like Euron and Victarion are too major to be cut out entirely, even if the Kingsmoot gets skipped over. Aeron could be cut, although the fact that Cogman mentioned him as one of his favorite characters and said he wanted to write for him in the show at least gives me some hope that he'll make the cut.

It would be a real shame if we missed out on seeing more of the Ironborn culture and the developing story in the Iron Islands during next season.

Iksenpets

Banned
The Kingsmoot will almost certainly be cut, IMO. Balon will die, Euron will claim the Seastone Chair, and will proceed to rub Victarion's face in it, before sending him to retrieve Dany halfway through the season. Asha will be nowhere near- they wouldn't be sending her across Westeros just to immediately being her back again- and Damphair will be totally cut.

I can't see them giving Euron and Victarion the cut. They both strike me as too important to the story's overall direction. The rest will get the heave-ho, though. It's just a case of simplification, honestly- rather than burning screen time with a complicated electoral system that doesn't feature any characters we know, just change the rules of succession and get on with it.

Actually, I'm willing to bet that both Yara and Theon are presumed dead by the Ironborm by the time Balon dies.

This is how I see it going, too. It would feel weird to have Asha double back to the islands for the Kingsmoot. And if Asha's not there, there's really no point to the Kingsmoot. Just have Euron take the throne uncontested. Then Asha can learn that her dad is dead and that Euron has usurped her crown, and then just build up to her eventual return to the islands to deal with that (at least I assume that's where her book arc is going) in some later season.

If they cut them that means removing the Iron Born invasion of the Shield. That scenario is bound to be continue being relevant in the books, so why do it?

Considering they have cut Loras' brothers, I have a feeling this is going to be cut as well. It does indeed seem like it's going to be a big deal in the books, however I'm sure the show can come up with something to replace it.

Garlan is leading the second largest Reach force to the islands to face off with Euron. If the Tyrells are defeated, Euron will have a clear shot at Highgarden. I can't wait to learn what happens, although I'm bummed there isn't a POV character there to show us everything in TWOW. Well unless the Damphair goes with Euron I guess, which seems unlikely.

Iksenpets

Banned
Considering they have cut Loras' brothers, I have a feeling this is going to be cut as well. It does indeed seem like it's going to be a big deal in the books, however I'm sure the show can come up with something to replace it.

Garlan is leading the second largest Reach force to the islands to face off with Euron. If the Tyrells are defeated, Euron will have a clear shot at Highgarden. I can't wait to learn what happens, although I'm bummed there isn't a POV character there to show us everything in TWOW. Well unless the Damphair goes with Euron I guess, which seems unlikely.

Martin is going to tell it through 16 chapters of Garlan POV just to spite the show runners for cutting him.

Re-watching the first season, do the Dothraki have no concept of loyalty? They seem to abandon Drogo and their Khaleesi who will give birth to THE STALLION THAT MOUNTS THE WORLD!! at the drop of a hat. Oh Drogo fell off his horse, welp time to pout him down!

His best-case outcome short term is heading up Dany's fleet or something. Worst cast is blowing that horn and evaporating into ashes.

I doubt GRRM got the guy half way around the world to kill him off this quickly.
He already did that in the last book but to prove a point.
Honestly considering how bleak the world is I honestly think he might get control of a Dragon. Assuming fan theories are false and Jon isn't the third rider. How Mary sue would it be if Jon turns out to be the Third Rider and the Lord of Light?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Re-watching the first season, do the Dothraki have no concept of loyalty? They seem to abandon Drogo and their Khaleesi who will give birth to THE STALLION THAT MOUNTS THE WORLD!! at the drop of a hat. Oh Drogo fell off his horse, welp time to pout him down!

That last sentence is basically it. They follow whoever is the strongest. Like, if that one guy who challenged Drogo near the end of the season had actually won, everyone would have started following him without missing a beat.

Real Hero

I think Victarion will do something major in relation to the dragons. His last chapter was finally his name that's got to mean something.

Real Hero

I'm not sure why people think the Ironborn stuff will be cut.
Some people just don't like it, same goes for Dorne. But I don't see how you can cut either really, unless martin has revealed to the show runners they don't do anything important which i can't see being the case.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
He pretty much has been. Did he baptize Theon in the book? He's not named in the show.

Your scenario sounds very likely, but still strange without Asha there. I don't think they would start such an event without an established character.
Victarion...

iFZeXsZgaLCVt.gif

Hope he meets his end soon. Dislike him greatly. :p

#VictarionOUT

Why the hate? Shouldn't that be directed at Euron?
Euron can always become a POV. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom