• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

Got through episode 3 of S5. Seems like we are really accelerating through Tyrion's trip to Dany. Makes sense since it was really drawn out in the book, although I think I ended up enjoying that stretch more then others. I take it there is no Young Griff in the show then?

Only got a glimpse of Dorn in episode 2 but it already looked as bad as I was warned.

Curious how much overlap there will be with Sansa in future books and the show.

Also Jamie/Bronn road trip could be fun.

Morts

Got through episode 3 of S5. Seems like we are really accelerating through Tyrion's trip to Dany. Makes sense since it was really drawn out in the book, although I think I ended up enjoying that stretch more then others. I take it there is no Young Griff in the show then?

Only got a glimpse of Dorn in episode 2 but it already looked as bad as I was warned.

Curious how much overlap there will be with Sansa in future books and the show.

Also Jamie/Bronn road trip could be fun.

Haha.

No book reader snobbery?

I wanted someone to shout Dany's most famous GOT line. Or that classic line from last season that's responsible for them winning a writing Emmy.

Brakke

Banned
Speevy posts four in a row but we can't even ask the law to reign him on 'cuz here's Cornballer going for three.

This thread a mess. Just start the season already, people are clearly desperate.

Speevy

Banned
Speevy posts four in a row but we can't even ask the law to reign him on 'cuz here's Cornballer going for three.

This thread a mess. Just start the season already, people are clearly desperate.

rein

Unless you're making me the king of this thread, in which case I gratefully accept.

Iksenpets

Banned
What?! I always thought you were around my age or slightly older.

Have we considered that maybe Speevy is lots of different people of various ages, maybe all stacked under a trenchcoat, and this is why he converses with himself over many posts in a row and has to define his age as a 14-year Brienne-to-Podrick interval?

Speevy

Banned
It would have made a great opening, but unfortunately there's just not enough time to fit the scene in.

Stuff we know that's in

-Sansa and Theon's escape
-Dany and the Klalisar
-Davos vs. the Night's Watch
-Cersei and Jaime
-Arya's blind training
-Gilly and Sam

If there's more than that, it will probably be in episode 2 and 3. I'm not saying Bran isn't in it, but that scene is likely not in it.

Pkaz01

What are the chances that some asshole who was involves in the Jon Snow stabbing goes to Braavos and brags about killing him in front of Arya? and that sparks her Dareon him and to go back?

Loke13

What are the chances that some asshole who was involves in the Jon Snow stabbing goes to Braavos and brags about killing him in front of Arya? and that sparks her Dareon him and to go back?
I kinda Arya will join up with Tyrion and Dany next season on their way back to Westeros.

Chase17

Woah, Selmy went out with a bang. He's still ok in the books right? Been a while since I've read them.

What are the chances we get a Sean Bean sighting in S6. I think we got a brief glimpse of that flashback in S4, curious if they would expand upon it. Who doesn't want to watch Ned chilling by the weir wood.

I kinda Arya will join up with Tyrion and Dany next season on their way back to Westeros.

Wait why would she go back with them to westeros? Given their intentions, which would put the north in further danger. Unless Dany is convinced in believing in the white walkers as a real threat and wishes to prove her worthiness to the realm as the right full successor to the throne by using her dragons against them. But either way she will be walking to into a war already in motion in the west.

Feel bad though for the little king in all this.

FootballFan

It would have made a great opening, but unfortunately there's just not enough time to fit the scene in.

Stuff we know that's in

-Sansa and Theon's escape - 5 minutes please
-Dany and the Klalisar - 2 minutes please
-Davos vs. the Night's Watch - 30 minutes please
-Cersei and Jaime - 5 minutes please
-Arya's blind training - 45 seconds please
-Gilly and Sam - 5 minute please

Fixed

Iksenpets

Banned
Do we think that Arya warging into a cat is going to be in this season =^.__.^=

I would have thought not, but they're doing the blind stick fighting, so maybe? But given that Arya is a parkour master now, they might just decide that nah she went full Daredevil as a blind stick fighter, instead of saying that she used cats to cheat.

axb2013

Pretty sure that's what Kit and D+D want you to feel.
I wish I shared the confidence of you guys. I am worried once the show events passed the books, D&D started aiming for the most unpredictable turns for the story rather than the best fitting ones.

I just don't think Kit would straight up lie, avoiding the questions or not commenting would have been great. Watching his response at the 7:00 mark only leaves hope for him sitting out a season or two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT0hsKz2NFI

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I wish I shared the confidence of you guys. I am worried once the show events passed the books, D&D started aiming for the most unpredictable turns for the story rather than the best fitting ones.

I just don't think Kit would straight up lie, avoiding the questions or not commenting would have been great. Watching his response at the 7:00 mark only leaves hope for him sitting out a season or two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT0hsKz2NFI
This reminds me of the panicking in PoliGaf whenever a poll shows Bernie having a slight chance of winning...Jon Snow is back and not in black.

I really doubt they're going to bother with anyone outside Bran warging, they've had so many opportunities to tease it over the last two or three seasons and never did. Though doing things while cutting all the build up for it would probably be up their alley.

I was hoping for at the very least, to see a wolf dream for Arya and maybe Jon last season (and season four for that matter) was the time to do it IMO. Have they even mentioned the pack of wolves causing havoc?

HBO and D&D told him not to say anything so he wouldn't, he's lying because he has to.

Pkaz01

I don't know, what does that lead her to?

Two season of Facelessman development going into the final arc of the season where peoples storys are coming to a close. Only her and Brans are so open ended right now and we already know he is going against the nights king with his magic powers. Arya is more like what could she possibly do that would be satisfying for 6 or 7 seasons of character development.

She has to be involved in the White walker plot somehow

FootballFan

I don't know, what does that lead her to?

Two season of Facelessman development going into the final arc of the season where peoples storys are coming to a close. Only her and Brans are so open ended right now and we already know he is going against the nights king with his magic powers. Arya is more like what could she possibly do that would be satisfying for 6 or 7 seasons of character development.

She has to be involved in the White walker plot somehow

Maybe Bran learns something that completely changes at how he/we look at the invasion of Westeros by the White Walkers and the Night's King. That would be an interesting twist, but it seems like it will probably an expected scenario that will play out.

As for Arya I would think that she may never have to interact with Dany or Tyrion, and that her arc is very separate until maybe the very end. (Reunification of the remaining Starks)

Walshicus

Anyone ever read Dying of the Light by GRRM? Just finished it and interesting to see some of similarities between it and SoIaF. Dothraki/Kavalars in particular.

Nodnol

Not before
she wargs into Nymeria and sees the birth of LSH.

Going blind is actually a good reason for her to gain the ability, just like Bran did not gain it until after he become a cripple.

...and maybe Jon gaining the ability after his "death".

anywhere i can find a good recap of the show and books? dont want to reread or rewatch everything but want to refresh my memory

anywhere i can find a good recap of the show and books? dont want to reread or rewatch everything but want to refresh my memory
Tower of the Hand has chapter by chapter summaries of the books. I'm not sure if they're finished with the whole series yet, last I checked they stalled out somewhere in ADwD.

GamesRadar put together a ~10 minute video recap of the show here on youtube.
Really excited to see what the show does without any book material
No avatar shenanigans for you this year? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom