• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

It's funny to think that most of this plot was spurred(WW were coming anyway) by Robert being unable to get two separate women to fuck him. I wonder if a reality where Robert and Lyanna married would have been able to push back the WW, or if Lyanna would have slit Roberts throat the first time he struck her, leading a world in even more turmoil.

Robert would have lead the entire South North, just for a chance to fight a new enemy. That's for damn sure. He already did it once.

jfkgoblue

But you sad he wanted Robert gone because he was a blackfyre as well? how would that make sense if he was a fellow Blackfyre? Or did I misunderstand you?
I think you misunderstood, Varys is the Blackfyre, not Robert.
It's funny to think that most of this plot was spurred(WW were coming anyway) by Robert being unable to get two separate women to fuck him. I wonder if a reality where Robert and Lyanna married would have been able to push back the WW, or if Lyanna would have slit Roberts throat the first time he struck her, leading a world in even more turmoil.

Robert would have lead the entire South North, just for a chance to fight a new enemy. That's for damn sure. He already did it once.
The entire plot is spurred by Jon, literally everything that is happening is because of him. That's why I laugh when people try and say there is no main character. Jon is the main character, all the other characters are reacting to things he intentionally or unintentionally did.

Without Jon there would be no war of the 5 kings, without Jon, no one would be taking the WW threat seriously until they were already killing everyone.

Even Dany means nothing without Jon, she would just be another Targaryan princess with no power and no dragons.

Moff

I think you misunderstood, Varys is the Blackfyre, not Robert.

Ah ok, now I get it.

Well that would really disappoint me, I hope it's not the case. Varys is the one player in this game who does not have a personal stake in this and wants what's best for the realm, and I like it that way.

Ah ok, now I get it.

Well that would really disappoint me, I hope it's not the case. Varys is the one player in this game who does not have a personal stake in this and wants what's best for the realm, and I like it that way.

He's definitely not a Blackfyre in the show at least because I'm pretty sure the show doesn't have any secret Blackfyres at all

Burt

I doubt Robert ever would've struck Lyanna.

He's an obese, whore-loving, irresponsible alcoholic because she died.

But, then there'd be no Jon Snow, and we all know you can't win against evil without a Chosen One.

Gigglepoo

I hope Jon dies next episode and Beric sacrifices himself to bring him back. Then Jon will be like "Seriously guys, stop resurrecting me!"

Neece

I doubt Robert ever would've struck Lyanna.

He's an obese, whore-loving, irresponsible alcoholic because she died.

But, then there'd be no Jon Snow, and we all know you can't win against evil without a Chosen One.

Meh.

I don't think Robert actually loved her, or at least didn't love her the way he thinks he did. Lyanna didn't think so either.

And he was whoring before she died too.

yunbuns

That's the vibe I get from the books too though. Everyone always thinks highly of Rhaegar, except for Robert, obviously. But yeah if Rhaegar hadn't eloped with Lyanna things would've gone pretty different.

He was also really, really, into prophecies as well though which is the reason people think he went after Lyanna in the first place: because Elia couldn't have anymore children but he needed three kids cause the 'dragon must have three heads'. I feel like that part of his character won't get mentioned since they've pretty much have ignored his kids/Elia outside of Obreyn's rage over their deaths.

Pretty sure Illyrio Mopatis supports Viserys from the beginning and Arya overhears him and Varys talking about some kind of plot, so I think he might have also supported the Targaryens from the start, which makes no sense really.

Both of them never supported Viserys (at least in the books) really right? They just wanted him to get to Westeros to fuck things up so Aegon could come over, fix things, and be hailed a savior so people would make him king. But the show never did the Aegon plot so Varys' motivations don't make as much sense now.

Yeah, I always thought they wanted the dothraki there to fuck shit up. Then the golden company, who the dothraki are scared of, come in with Aegon and save the day.

Sending Aegon off with JonCon and raising him as the perfect king seems to be their end goal. Honestly I'd like it if he is true Aegon. Would make for an interesting dynamic should he ever meet with Jon and Dany.

Edzi

What if... the 'broad strokes' GRRM is giving D&D are just jokes and he's testing if they go along with them. George comes home after a meeting and says to his wife: "And then I told them 7 heroes, including Gendry, need to cage a wight and bring it to Cersei to make her believe. They bought it lol"

If you've been watching the behind the episode segments every week, it's becoming abundantly clear that GRRM gave them almost no details concerning how the story plays out. They're definitely winging it for like 90% of the plot.

Azzanadra

If you've been watching the behind the episode segments every week, it's becoming abundantly clear that GRRM gave them almost no details concerning how the story plays out. They're definitely winging it for like 90% of the plot.

"Broad strokes" probably referred to characters ultimate end fates (alive/dead/position of power/marriage) and to that end D&D had free resign as long as the characters met those ultimate fates, along with some big moments being kept intact even if the characters in said situation maybe be different.

For example I do think the Battle for Winterfell will happen and the Boltons will lose, it will just be Stannis who wins.

Can't get plot details if you don't know what the plot will be

mackaveli

Rumour - HBO Spain may have uploaded Episode 6 for a hour. Two people have posted screenshots / video. No idea how legitimate but be careful of spoilers etc., in the next couple of hours if this is true.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Or they didn't like the storylines (or couldn't make them work for TV) and threw them out like they did with the published material they dropped.

I expect GRRM to go against a lot of the expectations for the final stretch of the series. I also believe circumventing this expectations in the TV show would not sit well with the audience. Not knowing how book fans reacted to this, D&D decided to just write the most straight forward and fan pleasing story they could.

Heck, if GRRM hadn't told them about hold the door I expect Hodor would also be venturing north with the seven westerosai.

Ambient80

dnXt1SO.jpg

Lol. Not sure which account made it as I saw it with the name cropped out but it made me laugh

Rumour - HBO Spain may have uploaded Episode 6 for a hour. Two people have posted screenshots / video. No idea how legitimate but be careful of spoilers etc., in the next couple of hours if this is true.
Why would they leak the episode? And where,WHERE are they leaking It? I mean there are so many of those disgusting GoT spoiler sites, but which one are they posting on, WHICH ONE?

jett

D-Member
What if... the 'broad strokes' GRRM is giving D&D are just jokes and he's testing if they go along with them. George comes home after a meeting and says to his wife: "And then I told them 7 heroes, including Gendry, need to cage a wight and bring it to Cersei to make her believe. They bought it lol"

There are no broad strokes on display here mang. This is A Song of D & D now.

Gigglepoo

How did the "bring the wight hand that attached Jon down to King's Landing" play out in the show? I just remember in the books Tyrion the Hand made Thorne wait until the hand had decomposed.

Speevy

Banned
Tyrion and Jon are geniuses. He knows his sister is crazy and will deny anything that is true if it contradicts what she wants to be true. She already did this when Joffrey was poisoned.

So let's risk the lives of some of the greatest warriors in all of Westeros to prove to Cersei who already knows it's true that wights exist, so she'll find a reason to deny it and doublecross everyone.

This is much better than just melting the bitch with dragonfire.

Neece

How did the "bring the wight hand that attached Jon down to King's Landing" play out in the show? I just remember in the books Tyrion the Hand made Thorne wait until the hand had decomposed.

In the episode, the Small Council in King's Landing receives a letter by messenger-raven from the Night's Watch begging for help and warning about the undead wights which attacked (which the Small Council doesn't believe). In the books, Ser Alliser Thorne was actually sent to King's Landing to plead for help in person, but he was ignored and sent back - this is one of the reasons why Ser Alliser doesn't take part in the Great Ranging (and ultimately isn't seen again until Castle Black is seen again in Season 4). Bryan Cogman later explained that the writers did intend for Ser Alliser to reappear in Season 2 and report to the Small Council in King's Landing just as he did in the novels - however there was a scheduling conflict and actor Owen Teale was simply unavailable at the time, so it had to be dropped from the scripts.[4]

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Night_Lands

TTG

Cersei is gonna try to smooch Dany with the lipstick or burn her or something stupid, then Dany is gonna be all like "bitch, I'm a Targeryan, don't you know that shit don't work?" Jaime has to watch Cersei die which really throws him into vengeance and despair and then it's on. Also, the Mountain slaps Greyworm around.

KahooTs

Broad strokes.

Dany comes to Westeros and fights someone and goes mad queen. Allies with Ironborn.

Sansa becomes hostile to the other Starks.

Tarly turns cloak and Tyrells get goned.

A dragon gets hit with a scorpion bolt.

TTG

When's that one mercenary dude Dany left behind coming to Westeros because Cersei payed him to assassinate Khaleesi? I'm full of great ideas after lunch.

Speevy

Banned
When's that one mercenary dude Dany left behind coming to Westeros because Cersei payed him to assassinate Khaleesi? I'm full of great ideas after lunch.

Having Daario Naharis betray Dany would be hilarious and stupid.

Let's go murder them.

TTG

Dany is without champion bodyguards now that Greyworm is stuck and Jon and Jorah are beyond the Wall. Cersei meets with Dany, everyone thinks she's vulnerable, then Bam! Tyrion takes off his face to reveal Arya who got the nod from Jon in the return letter. She lets Cersei have it, Reek runs up to high five her and she let's him have it as well. Dany nods approvingly.

jfkgoblue

Dany is without champion bodyguards now that Greyworm is stuck and Jon and Jorah are beyond the Wall. Cersei meets with Dany, everyone thinks she's vulnerable, then Bam! Tyrion takes off his face to reveal Arya who got the nod from Jon in the return letter. She lets Cersei have it, Reek runs up to high five her and she let's him have it as well. Dany nods approvingly.

And Strong Belwas never was :(

watershed

Banned
If we're all making predictions then I predict Jamie will ultimately betray and murder Cersei because she plans to do something unspeakable that reminds him of the mad king. He will kill her while she is pregnant with their child. The show and books have a history of royal women being killed while pregnant.

TTOOLL

If we're all making predictions then I predict Jamie will ultimately betray and murder Cersei because she plans to do something unspeakable that reminds him of the mad king. He will kill her while she is pregnant with their child. The show and books have a history of royal women being killed while pregnant.

This makes a lot of sense to me, only because Cersei needs to die. I don't know if Jamie's character could put out something like this after the last episodes. Book Jaime could.

Most likely true. And I'll hate it :(

His fascination with dragons and show Tyrion being able to calm dragons - two things which lead me to believe.
I'm of the belief him calming the dragon isn't that meaningful, I think the dragon actually understood him and it was just that. Has it been stated that only Targs can calm them? Or only that Targs are the only ones able to ride them.
It would be asinine in the show given that they've done nothing to lay the foundation. I'd prefer it's not true in the books because his relationship with Tywin is more impactful if they're biologically related.
I agree completely.

I still think it'd be more interesting to have Euron controlling one via horn or Bran/3ER warging and or NK somehow gets it.

Gigglepoo

What's worse than blowing up the sept--which contained the high septon and queen--causing his son to kill himself? The time for Jamie to turn on Cercei because she's evil has come and gone.

Top Bottom