• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Morts

The realization that I read a suspiciously perfectly accurate 'prediction' of what happens beyond the way with regard to the dragons, in this thread earlier this week, pretty much tainted the episode for me.

Also the Arya/Sansa stuff is just pretty unbelievable to me. I don't know why Arya's character is like this now.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I did not feel that episode that much at all. Like where to begin, other than the obvious filler story with Arya and Sansa which even my mom couldn't believe was being played. The rushed pace was fucking crazy in this episode as well, I guess we really are in movie mode now. With Gendry running back and getting a Raven in time and all. Not to mention they now have their win button by just killing the Night King. I honestly expected more action too, and what was there wasn't as cohesive as something like Hardhome or BotB or even The Loot Train. God I honestly did not expect to be this let down with this episode. I'm gonna rewatch on a better stream since mine kept lowering quality a lot but really it'll just make it look prettier. Won't fix the random Benjen coming one last time to save the day, Gendry running fast enough despite never being in snow before or the magically convenient chains the white walkers had for some reason
lol that last one is nitpicky but come on seriously

....Also as much as I don't want Dany and Jon to do it, at least they can't have an incest baby.....right? I guess that somehow makes it better.....

The show looks like a fanfic now. I doubt we'll see a lot of these recent fanservices in the books (if we get one). Hope we get something entirely different from GRRM.

turtle553

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen raven?
Holy-Grail-re-release-080415.jpg

Arya needs a good slap. Little shit.

TqIEnYB.gif

Except the one getting hit in that scenario would be Sansa all the way, Arya would fuck her up if she tried to get physical.

I never really felt the full "fast travel" feeling until this episode, damn. This properly laid out would have been amazing. As it stands, I was still entertained but it pulled me out of it a bit.

Jon/Dany is fully a-go judging by that last scene. Those two have ridiculous chemistry. Like the kind where maybe Rose might wanna be worried off the set, lol.

Faddy

Banned
But what's the fucking point of any of it, what sorta bullshit could Arya hope to gain from threatening Sansa. If I was Sansa I'd throw arya in prison just for shitting up the show.

What is the point of any conflict? We saw one result, Sansa sends Brienne in her stead to Kings Landing because she doesn't want to leave the North like Jon did so the Northern Lords will suck up to her.

I think another result is going to drive Arya out of Winterfell back on her own path.

1. why the FUCK didn't the night king throw the spear at drogon, the biggest threat, when he was sitting two dick lengths away?? could have also got rid of their best chance to escape

2. fuck arya, her story has been awful for two years now

i'm not even gonna touch the teleportation stuff, i've just accepted it at this point

If the white walkers have spears and perfect aim why didn't they just butcher the heroes when they were on the island?

Why didn't the heroes just break the ice when it froze over?

Why didn't Dany immediately burn the white walkers?

mcrommert

Banned
Well I don't know why I am responding since you are dead, but what's LOL?

The dragons arriving scene and some other scenes were really nice but the story itself made no sense in a lot of specific areas.

I was talking about bvs but that's off topic... I agree on the episode

Wow, this was the first GoT episode I legitimately hated. I thought I was going to be he minority here, but it sounds like other people feel the same. The Arya/Sansa melodrama felt straight out of a soap opera. And that stupid bag full of faces! The action was poor and consisted of standing still and stabbing skeletons. And the Night King and his fucking missile launcher of an arm. Or Jon just running back into battle for no reason. This was the low point of the series for me

Hazmat

It apparently doesn't snow in King's Landing in winter (since Gendry is 20+ and has never seen any), but they still can't grow anything?

dsp

This show needs more Sam. He's been the only character I've really enjoyed this season, and I usually hate Sam scenes.

Burt

The show looks like a fanfic now. I doubt we'll see a lot of these recent fanservices in the books (if we get one). Hope we get something entirely different from GRRM.

"Fanfic" gets thrown around a lot regarding the show anymore, and while I do first of all have to say that you're absolutely right, I would say that the episode's one redeeming attribute was illustrating the highs and the lows of the fanfic approach.

Those opening conversations were pretty golden. I wouldn't expect them in a book, but after seven seasons of following these characters, it's kind of cathartic to see them bounce off each other in combinations that you would never expect with conversations that really did fit how we've seen them portrayed.

But then you have everything else.

jesus f'ing christ, arya

i'll never blame you, maisie

c'mon breh

I mean, assuming that the person they showed is the night king just because it's the same actor is meaningless.

Hell, wasn't one of the lannister guards in the previous episode played by an actor of another character in the show?

Using the actor to say 'no this is who the character really is' is stupid. The Night King isn't some rando who was turned.

tbf weren't the wildling giants played by the same tall guy? And didn't that same tall guy play other tall characters?

I think using the actor as who it is is irrelevant in this case.

Dude, this is another you thinking the US is bigger than Europe situation.

The heroes even said this very episode The Night King was the first turned so if they kill him they'll kill all the walkers.

_Ryo_

I don't think the Dragon has 3 heads theory is dead yet. Jon and Dany will fight the wights and white walkers together and will share a dragon and Tyrion will ride the other.

The theory was that the Dragon has 3 heads, not that there are 3 dragons. :p

:(

jfkgoblue

I mean, assuming that the person they showed is the night king just because it's the same actor is meaningless.

Hell, wasn't one of the lannister guards in the previous episode played by an actor of another character in the show?

Using the actor to say 'no this is who the character really is' is stupid. The Night King isn't some rando who was turned.
The Night King is not some random extra though.

jett

D-Member

The actor isn't some random either.

You think they used the same actor...because, reasons? The Night King isn't the Night's King. Better make your peace with that.

CGwizz

Lmao i knew Neogaf would be hating this xD

People here hates the most small shit , i knew they would go bananas at night king not aiming at drogon xD

f0lken

And that village had several several-hundred-foot-long chains with links the size of footballs because...?

Hardhome was a port, at least in the show, andthere a lot of big boats when everything went to hell there, so the chains could easily be the ones from those

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I think it's funny that the show has the biggest deus ex machina possible with Bran and the writers are like, "eh, no, let's make a totally new device that's even less believable and just pretend that character and device we've already built doesn't exist."

Bran warging into a dragon and flying them north then getting one killed would not only heighten the battle of him vs Night King but also cause everyone to have a "Holy shit!" moment next week when the wight gets delivered to everyone

Vectorman

Banned
Its the one thing that GRRM's procrastination works to his advantage: Book purists will forever insist that "GRRM would do it better!" and since he'll never finish, no one can really contradict them.

But isn't that worse because he couldn't finish it lol? The fact he writing spinoffs makes it so bad too. Like what the hell, focus on the books and thats it.

TTG

So what's Dany gonna do now, make armor out of dragon glass for the remaining dragons? Who needs giant crossbows when you can chuck a spear.

Boy it sure is nice that we're all back in Winterfell together, but we better never talk about what we went through so we had some empathy, because that would destroy some poorly written plot lines.

This season is a mess. This episode is great but there definitely way more issues with the writing and plot progression compared to previous seasons. This one could have definitely benefitted from 3 more episodes and the Tyrell & Lannister fight actually being a thing and not cut. I am really scared that next Season is literally going to be a cluster fuck trying to wrap up the Iron Throne and White Walker plot. In summary, there is no depth this season and it SUCKS.

The heroes assumed that. What do they know, they don't have a study of the Night King.

From what we've seen the Night King is the only person that's able to make White Walkers. It's terrible writing given the heroes shouldn't even know who The Night King is and they shouldn't know that he's the one that makes White Walkers but writing exposition in the worst possible way is a thing this season.

Faddy

Banned
Boy it sure is nice that we're all back in Winterfell together, but we better never talk about what we went through so we had some empathy, because that would destroy some poorly written plot lines.

Name one hard choice Sansa had to make? She took the easy option every time while Arya took the hard option.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I want the show to end with Littlefinger sitting on the throne and saying "Man this really was a game of thrones."

Because why not. It's clearly not going for "greatness" in an artistic sense at this point.

Kallor

The . Worst . Episode . In . The . Series .

Not that I didn't enjoy any of it. The first twenty minutes weren't too bad. I mean how can you go wrong with the biggest assembly of fan favorites in the series to date, dragon vs others, Sansa learning about the faceless men?

- Skyrim fast travel

- Arya and Sansa are reduced to bumbling idiots being tricked by cartoon mustache twisting littlefinger

- Sansa so great, shes so much smarter than Robb, Jon and Eddard. She won the battle of the bastards. Now lets send your only protection away (brienne) like Robb and Jon like to do with their wolves. Oh and lets fall right into littlefingers bullshit too

- A bag of faces, LOL!

- Ghost! where the fuck is Ghost?? This was the perfect episode for him. Hes as important as those dragons any day.

- First class Ravens

- It was so weird how they never showed any of these random grunts that are with Jon and the rest of the magnificent 7 until they were getting killed! who just died?? Who was that?? What the fucks going on

- Arya is a piece of shit. She better be playing Sansa and Littlefinger with brans help or this is pure irredeemable garbage

- Why is the night king waiting around? did his blue women show him a vision in the ice of dany coming with dragons? why not kill jon and co. and bring them back as wights while he chills out?

- The Others just keep giant chains laying around so they can pull dragons out water anytime? what the hell guys lol

- The plot of going up there was bad writing. They've destroyed the pacing with this 7 episode shit. Making Rome Season 2s pacing look great.

- Eddard Rhager Potter Stark. Its coming folks.

Am I nitpicking or what lol

Y'all gonna complain when GRRM put this stuff in the books as well?

...yes? Are you going to keep track of us all while were at it?

Top Bottom