• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 2007 becomes PS3 launch title

KDups said:
Hey remember when Oblivion, DOA4, and Full Auto were all supposed to be 360 launch titles? Yeah, that was 2 months ago.

Regardless of what Kaz says (surely no spin there) or whatever you could possible get from 30 second clips at E3, predicting a launch lineup a year in advance is flat out ridiculous.

And just so you don't bite my head off I'm in on a PS3 for Sony LA and Team ICO alone. Just wanted to point out the lunacy here.

You really can't say its rediculous b/c you have no idea just how far these games are in developement. We've seen nothing of Tekken since E3 but that doesn't mean it might not make launch. We only seen 2 trailers of warhawk and 1 of Lair but we really don't know how far along they are b/c those videos only showed up at key conferences and they are months apart.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Arsynic said:
I typically hate PC FPS. I didn't buy Half Life, Unreal, Doom 3, F.E.A.R, or Quake 4. I even skipped Call of Duty 2. PC FPS + WWII theme (boring weapons) = meh.

Wake me up when Halo 3 and Killzone 3 debut.
So now we've gone from something as unequivocal as, "not a killer app on ANY platform" to "I just don't like PC FPS"... Why don't you just outright say, "I'd like to backpeddle now" :lol

People are throwing out this "Spring 2006" shit that really = :lol.
By the same token, the absolute incredulity with which some of you regard the possibility of a 1st half 2006 launch anywhere but Japan is really out there.

PhatSaqs said:
Dont forget Sony fans touting higher specs/power and Xbox fans downplaying it :p
Never forget.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Niko said:
:lol

The underlining in conjunction with bolding really makes you sound edgy.

I'm not gonna go into detail on my experiences and your assumptions, but you missed my point. FPS's with a KB & M are extremely responsive. But when it comes down to character movement, people don't twitch and zip from here to there like I can in a PC shooter. Sure, it's more responsive, and great for twitch shooters like UT and Quake III, but it also detracts from the atmosphere of the game. The laws of inertia don't let me swing my arms with a gun 180 degrees in an instant, and I'm just saying that when games give me that much control, it can pull me out of the suspended reality I get into while playing. Games like Killzone, Condemned, or Halo that emphasize a smoother, more stylized character motion benefit from being on a controller, rather than KB & M.

EDIT: I should also add that the vibration feedback you get with a controller is also another factor in pulling me into a game.

Online gaming is all about the competitive aspect. KB + M allows better competition, so its better. Realism and scientfic laws can go to hell.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"I'm sorry, but Unreal Tournament isn't a killer app on ANY platform."

well, i'm excited.

Actually - a PSP version of the original UT with WLAN and Infra mode might make my nipples explode with delight. That would be killer-app-ish

Amir0x

Banned
Although the article doesn't really bring any new evidence to the table, I think it's pretty obvious that UT2007 is a very good candidate to go to 360 as well.

Xenon

Online gaming is all about the competitive aspect. KB + M allows better competition, so its better. Realism and scientfic laws can go to hell.

How is using a K+M competitive when the vast majority of players out there will be using less precise device?

Xenon said:
How is using a K+M competitive when the vast majority of players out there will be using less precise device?

And what about creating two arenas? One for K+Mers and other for Boomerangers. Even my little syster could think that solution...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DCharlie said:
Actually - a PSP version of the original UT with WLAN and Infra mode might make my nipples explode with delight. That would be killer-app-ish
Holy crap, the earth stands still...I <3 DCharlie.

Xenon

Vaandaviii said:
And what about creating two arenas? One for K+Mers and other for Boomerangers. Even my little syster could think that solution...

Too bad your sister doesn't work for Epic. If they do that then fine. I would even be happy with a simple enable/disable KB support switch(more likely).

For this I would want K+M support. The nub wouldn't last a week w/ UT.

Top Bottom