• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

*Remembers that games name now*

Well, consider that being added to the list of things I want to get next year too XD.

Edit: Also want tell everyone that if you have a buck in PSN Credit (NA PSN Store), consider getting Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom. I want a review of that game up on 3WIREL by late this weekend but I am really enjoying it so far. More or less a top-down Zelda game in many regards and I really like it :).

And if you are looking forward to summoner night 6 for the gamplay you should definitely look up Poxnora (if you haven't already).

I didn't mean to criticize you personally for spreading negativity in this thread. I love to read your reviews and I think that you are one of the biggest contributors to this thread (in a positive way), but you know that already :)

Of course I want to read all kind of news regarding the Vita in here, that includes cancelled ports and bad framerate/buggy releases, but what I don't like is when we start analyzing/speculate the significance of those games in relation to the lifespan of the V or if the Switch is going to put the "last nail in the coffin" for the Vita (theres been so many nails in that coffin and I still think there are room for a couple more).

Top of the page recommendations

If you are looking for a relaxing game with great game mechanics I wholeheartedly recommend you to check out Spider:Rite of the Shrouded Moon (and don't fear if you have a phobia https://www.google.se/amp/www.gamez...rouded-moon/amp/?client=ms-android-sonymobile)

I you are more into puzzle games my next recommendation might be something for you. You might have heard about the Vita version of Attractio's less than optimal graphics and framerate, but have someone told you that the puzzles are great and that the framerate isn't a problem if you're not looking for speedruns. Give it a shot if you, like me, enjoy puzzle platformers (and have already played "The Swapper").

yaffi

This.

I have always seen this thread as a thread made to celebrate the Vita and to talk about what we are looking forward to play on the system, I don't care much for statistics about how many of us here that will buy a switch when they release.

Im getting so tired of this thread's cycle. Every other week it's all about Vita lifespan predictions and then a couple of games, that people are interested in gets released and that snooze the doom and gloom for a couple of days/weeks.

That's what you get when people from the PSN thread moved in here after they brought it to near death with their Vita doom and gloom mentality.

Now they're trying to do the same thing in here? I don't know.

This thread has been off-topic for so long now, it's incredible.

And that's the last off-topic post I'll make in here myself.

I'll bring this thread back on topic then. With scoops.

I don't think it's thread worthy yet so I'll only post it here.

The store that's connected to the distributor for NISA games in Germany has a few new listings up for unnanounced games.

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (PS4) (Sequel to Operation Abyss)
Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! (PS4)

Both of these are ONLY listed for PS4 right now, but there's two things worth mentioning:
- They're listed at 40€, which is usually for Vita games, so it could be a mistake.
- It wouldn't be the first time that PS4 versions are added first and Vita a while later on that store

Or they could be digital only for Vita. Who knows.

There's also a PS4 port for Danganronpa AE listed, but at the usual 60€ PS4 pricepoint

https://www.4u2play.de/detail/index/sArticle/111585

And once again, NISA continues to ignore their own (good) titles. No Coven.

The store that's connected to the distributor for NISA games in Germany has a few new listings up for unnanounced games.

Both of these are ONLY listed for PS4 right now, but there's two things worth mentioning:
- They're listed at 40€, which is usually for Vita games, so it could be a mistake.
- It wouldn't be the first time that PS4 versions are added first and Vita a while later

There's also a PS4 port for Danganronpa AE listed, but at the usual 60€ PS4 pricepoint

And once again, NISA continues to ignore their own titles. No Coven.

Ooh. A PS4 port of Danganronpa AE would be interesting given I haven't bought that yet and there were apparently framerate problems on the Vita (?) (although it seems many would say to ignore the game entirely).

I'd be very surprised if the Abyss sequel didn't hit Vita.

Saphirax

- It wouldn't be the first time that PS4 versions are added first and Vita a while later on that store

I'll take Babel but that's an odd choice seeing how there's two other drpgs that'd do better. Maybe we'll get all of them?

I'll take Babel but that's an odd choice seeing how there's two other drpgs that'd do better. Maybe we'll get all of them?

Maybe they're going through chronologically and/or prioritizing 3rd party games for a good relationship? idk. It's NISA. They do what they do :p I still think we'll get all of them as well.

Saphirax

Maybe they're going through chronologically and/or prioritizing 3rd party games for a good relationship? idk. It's NISA. They do what they do :p I still think we'll get all of them as well.

I'd say Coven is the only one that's uncertain now. NISA could just skip it for...reasons. Hopefully we'll get announcements for Babel/Cladun before their press conference in 2017 :p.

Shit man, thanks for sharing this! Would be surprised with both of those titles at this point. Really can't see them doing Operation Babel on PS4 without Operation Abyss.

Can you keep us updated on whether Vita versions show up? Although I have faith NISA wouldn't just ignore the Vita versions, I'm slightly worried we'll get them digital-only.

Shit man, thanks for sharing this! Would be surprised with both of those titles at this point. Really can't see them doing Operation Babel on PS4 without Operation Abyss.

Can you keep us updated on whether Vita versions show up? Although I have faith NISA wouldn't just ignore the Vita versions, I'm slightly worried we'll get them digital-only.
yeah I check it for leaks often, I'll post if I see something.

I have the feeling that Operation Babel will be digital only for the PS Vita like NISA already did with Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs! recently. But I really hope this won't be the case.

4U2P is a solid source for leaks, like YianGaruga mentioned.

Did we know that ZE The Nonary Games is available for preorder on Amazon? $40 on Vita, March 31st (probably placeholder).

Doesn't ship to Istanbul for some reason, damn it :(

Really wanted to get my hands on this but I guess it's gonna have to wait

Did we know that ZE The Nonary Games is available for preorder on Amazon? $40 on Vita, March 31st (probably placeholder).

Doesn't ship to Istanbul for some reason, damn it :(

Really wanted to get my hands on this but I guess it's gonna have to wait

Doesn't ship to UK either.

Won't the European Amazon sites ship there? (Not that their listings are up yet)

Here's what I see happening. The operation Babel and cladun things are vita and maybe pc. Ps4 listings are a mistake.

Yeah, it would be rather unprecedented for games like these to get ported to PS4 just for the west. And I can't see it for Japan just because there isn't really a market for this niche stuff on the console yet.

Another Episode I could see because NISA have worked out an agreement for Reload on PS4, but the other two not so much.

So hopefully you're right. Because that'd be AWESOME if so!

I have the feeling that Operation Babel will be digital only for the PS Vita like NISA already did with Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs! recently. But I really hope this won't be the case.

4U2P is a solid source for leaks, like YianGaruga mentioned.

Aksys also did digital-only for Tokyo Twilight, but they've got plenty of stuff lined up physically for 2017 for Vita (otome; Tokyo Xanadu; Nonary Games). I'm beginning to gain some faith that the listings are for Vita and will be physical. Probably announced at the February conference.

Thinking about it the PS4 versions don't make a lot of sense. Either it's a JP decision (but who really wants Cladun on PS4 there?) or NISA is unhappy with the performance of their games on Steam. PS4 AND Steam both just seems redundant.
I've seen a number of mistakes on 4u2play, never a wrong platform though.

Tohsaka

Eh. Operation Abyss wasn't that great IMO, one of the weaker Experience titles. I'll probably buy the sequel if it's good but I'd rather have Demon Gaze 2 or Coven; hopefully we get those later. Never played any of the Cladun games so not really interested in that.

cj_iwakura

Eh. Operation Abyss wasn't that great IMO, one of the weaker Experience titles. I'll probably buy the sequel if it's good but I'd rather have Demon Gaze 2 or Coven; hopefully we get those later. Never played any of the Cladun games so not really interested in that.
The Cladun games are fantastic. Avoid the PC version of 2, though.
Abyss is Experience's flagship series, so I'm glad we're getting the sequel.

Thought about the NISA games: what's taken them so long to announce these ones?

They've clearly got no problem announcing Vita games getting Steam ports straight away (World's Longest 5 Minutes) and they've been announcing PS4 games before they're even out in Japan (Birthdays The Beginning).

So I really wonder what's taken so long for Cladun & Operation Babel if they are indeed coming. Maybe they really did go about making PS4 versions. Though I find it really, really hard to believe for Operation Babel (niche game in a niche genre; sequel to a Vita game; 3rd-party developer who would rather work on XB1 than PS4 etc.)

Saphirax

Thought about the NISA games: what's taken them so long to announce these ones?

They've clearly got no problem announcing Vita games getting Steam ports straight away (World's Longest 5 Minutes) and they've been announcing PS4 games before they're even out in Japan (Birthdays The Beginning).

So I really wonder what's taken so long for Cladun & Operation Babel if they are indeed coming. Maybe they really did go about making PS4 versions. Though I find it really, really hard to believe for Operation Babel (niche game in a niche genre; sequel to a Vita game; 3rd-party developer who would rather work on XB1 than PS4 etc.)

Didn't Cladun come out a few months ago?

RK128

I noticed that all the major NISA games are never Vita exclusive; either Vita/PS4 or Vita/PC (or future PC Port). So maybe they are listing the PS4 versions of those games because they will be the retail versions while the Vita versions will be digital. It could also be just a simple mistake (with the listings meaning PS4 rather than Vita) considering the price point.

Regardless, this is great news; two promising games coming out next year is great to hear :D!

That game I think just came out in Japan this summer......so maybe localization work started only recent months and we will see a later summer release for the Western version.

May, so about 6 months. Announcement around now and release after around 10-12 months is normal for NISA, I'd have said.

But if we're assuming a Feb press conference announcement, then it'll have been a while.

And Operation Babel released in like, mid-2015 didn't it? I suppose chronologically it is the next one after Stranger, but we've waited a hell of a long time for it.

I suppose I'm just projecting because NISA tend to announce games... whenever they want these days. World's Longest 5 Minutes kinda threw me for a loop. I can buy that they need to sort out Steam porting these days which makes things take longer, but that didn't happen with 5 Minutes.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong on all this, because I'd buy and play both of them. Especially Cladun. But I'll do it begrudgingly since we still haven't gotten Hero Must Die :p

RK128

May, so about 6 months. Announcement around now and release after around 10-12 months is normal for NISA, I'd have said.

But if we're assuming a Feb press conference announcement, then it'll have been a while.

And Operation Babel released in like, mid-2015 didn't it? I suppose chronologically it is the next one after Stranger, but we've waited a hell of a long time for it.

I suppose I'm just projecting because NISA tend to announce games... whenever they want these days. World's Longest 5 Minutes kinda threw me for a loop. I can buy that they need to sort out Steam porting these days which makes things take longer, but that didn't happen with 5 Minutes.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong on all this, because I'd buy and play both of them. Especially Cladun. But I'll do it begrudgingly since we still haven't gotten Hero Must Die :p

I want Hero Must Die too, but I am just happy to see any Vita games get localized at this point. Besides, the games NISA have been picking are great choices so far. I really enjoyed Psycho Pass and Grand Kingdom is one of my favorite games of this year!

I agree with this; the Cladun games are awesome titles and it is great to hear how we might be getting a new one in the west & Experience always makes solid DRPG's.

Saphirax

It'd be a serious bummer to know NISA's announcements months before their press conference. Hopefully these games weren't planned for the conference.

RK128

It'd be a serious bummer to know NISA's announcements months before their press conference. Hopefully these games weren't planned for the conference.

I think we might get another game or two as part of the conference. They would want more than just two games to show off, so maybe there is hope still for Demons Gaze 2, Coven & Hero Must Die.

Saphirax

I think we might get another game or two as part of the conference. They would want more than just two games to show off, so maybe there is hope still for Demons Gaze 2, Coven & Hero Must Die.

This is NISA we're talking about. Remember DR:AE and Rodea? :p. If they have another game it'll most likely be NDRV3.

Tohsaka

I didn't dislike Abyss really, just liked Demon Gaze and Stranger more. It was better than Ray Gigant at least, though.

RK128

This is NISA we're talking about. Remember DR:AE and Rodea? :p. If they have another game it'll most likely be NDRV3.

That is a very good point, as NDRV3 has no official western release date, trailer or anything yet. It is a major franchise for NISA, so they would want to focus on that next year too.

Aye. Their press conferences haven't been up to much in recent years anyway.

I used to say that NISA localized about ~ 10 games in a year judging by previous output, but they've kinda thrown all that out of the window with Steam porting taking up their time. Also 2015 was a slow year since they had big titles (Disgaea; DanganRonpa etc.)

I want Hero Must Die too, but I am just happy to see any Vita games get localized at this point. Besides, the games NISA have been picking are great choices so far. I really enjoyed Psycho Pass and Grand Kingdom is one of my favorite games of this year!

I was just being silly. I'd rather have some Vita games than no Vita games! HMD is my most wanted but I'd take either of the other two listed!

RK128

I used to say that NISA localized about ~ 10 games in a year judging by previous output, but they've kinda thrown all that out of the window with Steam porting taking up their time. Also 2015 was a slow year since they had big titles (Disgaea; DanganRonpa etc.)

I was just being silly. I'd rather have some Vita games than no Vita games! HMD is my most wanted but I'd take either of the other two listed!

I wasn't calling you out or anything buddy :D! Just saying I'm happy with any Vita games getting localized.

cj_iwakura

:(

I loved everything about SoSC...well except the loot but that's more of an Exp inc problem than a SoSC problem.

Recovering from death is frustrating to the point of impossibility. It's just tedious. The art is godlike, as is the music, just whoever thought up the revival mechanic needs to stay away from game design.

Saphirax

Still wish NIS(A) would port Disagea D2 to ps4 and/or vita.

Recovering from death is frustrating to the point of impossibility. It's just tedious. The art is godlike, as is the music, just whoever thought up the revival mechanic needs to stay away from game design.

It could get frustrating but I found it easy to get used to. I had everyone with 2 LP except my main character and back ups for all classes. Heck, later on you can even afford to pay the resurrection fee.

Still wish NIS(A) would port Disagea D2 to ps4 and/or vita.

I always wondered why they didn't. Always figured it was easy money for a relatively simple port of their most popular franchise. Guess maybe the performance struggles with Disgaea 4 on Vita might have something to do with it.

Still, I was happy as soon as we got D4. I wasn't a fan of 3 so getting 4 is enough portable SRPG grinding to last me a lifetime.

Saphirax

I always wondered why they didn't. Always figured it was easy money for a relatively simple port of their most popular franchise. Guess maybe the performance struggles with Disgaea 4 on Vita might have something to do with it.

Still, I was happy as soon as we got D4. I wasn't a fan of 3 so getting 4 is enough portable SRPG grinding to last me a lifetime.

Same (on both accounts :p). D4's characters and even story are much more enjoyable, then you add the cheat shop and it's a much better experience than D3.

RK128

I believe the NA release date was pushed back from the EU one for retail distribution reasons, so after the NA release date on PSN (11/8), we will get a retail release either on the 9th of November or the 10th of November.

I am sorry if this is not a clear answer but I hope this helps out somehow.

SarusGray

raw

waiting for coven NA announcement.

Top Bottom