• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Is it just me or Vita is not being restocked anymore in Europe? I don't see it on shelves and on-line only through 3rd party sellers. I heard reports about this happening in Holland a while ago, but I'm kind of surprised this is also happening in Portugal and Spain which were unusual strong markets for the Vita at some point.

It's not in stock in American retailers either, like GameStop and Amazon.

Either shipments stopped, slowed down or Vita 3000!!!

It's rather strange that out of nowhere the Vita is out of stock in most if not all retailers that carry the Vita and around the same time too.

Is it just me or Vita is not being restocked anymore in Europe? I don't see it on shelves and on-line only through 3rd party sellers. I heard reports about this happening in Holland a while ago, but I'm kind of surprised this is also happening in Portugal and Spain which were unusual strong markets for the Vita at some point.

Yep, it's hard to find one new now in Germany as well. I still see PSTVs on shelves though lol

If I needed a new one I'd probably import one from Asia

On the other hand the Vita game section was relatively well stocked at my local Media Markt last time I was there.

In UK, a few retailers seem to have decent stock of Vita (Argos & Smyth's Toys) but others haven't had any for ages (Grainger Games & ShopTo).

Interestingly, Amazon & GAME both had stock recently and are both sold out and don't seem to be restocking.

The iffy stock situation is why I've bought a second Vita and why I'll likely buy a third in due course. I don't have faith in it being restocked properly if the situation is this bad in the run up to the holidays.

jzbluz

Shouldn't Sony be announcing a new Vita bundle for the holidays in Japan? I kinda want that Silver Vita, although I kinda dislike that black border that all the newer models have, so a bundle like the red and blue ones would convince me easier.

It is likely that the Vita is quietly being phased out outside Asia, in my opinion. Don't like it.

I'd hope for another shipment that would last throughout 2017 at least, but Sony is probably busy manufacturing PSVRs and Pros.

It is likely that the Vita is quietly being phased out outside Asia, in my opinion. Don't like it.

I suspect so. I'm guessing the stock Argos and Smyths has are from a while ago, since it's all the LEGO bundle.

I will keep an eye on if Amazon and GAME get a restock though. I'd be surprised if both of those made it the whole holidays without any stock.

I'd hope for another shipment that would last throughout 2017 at least, but Sony is probably busy manufacturing PSVRs and Pros.
Didn't the same kind of stock situation happen before the Vita 2000? BELIEVE

They're not included in the OP, but Starlight Tactics and Starlight Titanium were both announced for Vita a while ago:

https://twitter.com/escapehatchent?lang=en-gb

The dev has gone completely silent on Twitter. I'm guessing they're no more.

This makes me sad, I really enjoyed starlight inception and I'm looking forward to both tactics and titanium :|

Speaking of games that I enjoyed, what happened to the dragon fin soup patch that was announced some time ago?

VERY SOON

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/phantom-...s-frau-koujiro-dlc-launches-november-18-japan

zWsA1nX.jpg

Lol cant wait to see the comments on the trailer when this is uploaded on PS youtube channel for PS4.

Also if operation babel is digital only on vita, ill import the game from JP and not bother with digital only. Meh.

jzbluz

But Operation Babel is presumably a bigger game. I'm not interested in either, but seeing the end of days for Vita is a bit sad.

On the flip side, Cladun was always digital-only in the west I suppose? So the PS4 physical version is more of a bonus rather than a detraction for Vita.

I hope Operation Babel gets physical. You never know.

AniHawk

"end of physical days"I don't mind Cladun, Babel would hurt though

i think you'll still see physical stuff where it makes sense. cladun was always a digital handheld game, so a physical console game is an actual departure. the sequel to opabyss and other established physical ps vita stuff? much more likely to get a physical version.

Shizuka

i think you'll still see physical stuff where it makes sense. cladun was always a digital handheld game, so a physical console game is an actual departure. the sequel to opabyss and other established physical ps vita stuff? much more likely to get a physical version.

Can't NISA do another exclusive NISA Store run? It's been working for them so far.

I would hope so, I'm just basing this on the retailer leak which was right for Cladun and it had Babel as PS4 only physical as well. I'm not actually mad about Cladun, I can understand that. If anything, I'm not sure if the physical PS4 version even makes sense

Operation Babel would hurt, but it seems like it is going the same route. Somehow like Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs!, which also hurts.

AniHawk

Can't NISA do another exclusive NISA Store run? It's been working for them so far.

it gets harder the more skus there are. some people will get it for ps4 and others will get it for ps vita. there's no guarantee that nisa would be able to clear the minimum order requirements in order to sell the game exclusively on the store unless they were aggressive about the pricing or something.

I would hope so, I'm just basing this on the retailer leak which was right for Cladun and it had Babel as PS4 only physical as well. I'm not actually mad about Cladun, I can understand that. If anything, I'm not sure if the physical PS4 version even makes sense

operation babel on ps4 is weird. here's a sequel to a game that no one on this platform has played? it makes more sense if there was an operation abyss port at some point. that's not a hint that there's a ps4 port of operation abyss coming.

yeah it's pretty clear that once PS4 gets the physical treatment it becomes much harder to justify VIta as well. It is what it is, and I'll get Babel on PS4 if I have to

Shizuka

There's only one piece of info I need from AniHawk, and that is what's the probability that NISA will localize Demon Gaze II or if any other publisher will.

Mary Skelter, Operation Babel and Demon Gaze II. We'd be missing Moe Crystal, Dungeon Travelers and Coven.

Really is a shame that of that list, DT 2-2 probably has the lowest chance of coming over here. Someone else really should step up to the plate and try some of Aquaplus' titles.... I'm sure it also doesn't help that it's Q2 for Japan and it's sure to have a significant amount of text like the first game.

Danganronpa AE port

Don't know why Nisa would be the one announcing that when Spike has self published the last 2 on Steam.

incpdo

That minecraft vita bundle at the right price would sell nice these holidays. But well , Japan only. Regarding the stock issues, I think the shadow of Nintendo Switch is what is killing the stock of the Vita right now.

mollipen

That minecraft vita bundle at the right price would sell nice these holidays. But well , Japan only. Regarding the stock issues, I think the shadow of Nintendo Switch is what is killing the stock of the Vita right now.

I remember when I was younger and full of hope that SCEA would do some sort of special bundle when the Vita version of Minecraft first hit.

Top Bottom