• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

A GalGun release date is supposed to be announced before the end of the month. Could be the PQube thing or could be something else, but adjust your hype levels accordingly.

Malice215

Played Killzone back during the beta, so it was cool to pick it up for $5 during the flash sale. Also picked up Persona 3 and Tetris. Love puzzle games but not for $20.

It's almost time for me to pick up a 64GB card because I hate switching memory cards just to play a certain game.

Elven_Star

Alright, I just did a quick search. World of Final Fantasy, I Am Setsuna, and Moon Hunters (whatever that is) are going to be published in the West, according to Wikipedia. The last one published was Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD.

Nkekev

Neo Member
Since when you refers to wikipedia to know that lol.
Setsuna was confirmed PS4/Steam only unfortunately, ton of players released their anger on SE twitters.
Typical SE not releasing outside Japan on Vita.

A shame, musou games have so much potential as portable games.

Also, Downwell looks AMAZING, can't wait for money to come in so I can get it (I know, I'm a poor student who's terrible with money)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So i asked Amon26 about one of my most waited Vita games , an unpopular choice but its a personal one.

Gyossait is a disturbing 2d platformer and i want this to happen in the Vita .
This game was announced long time ago for the system but i decided to ask the devs about it the respnse was:

Amon26.PNG

I might be the only one excited for this game but if you are interested just ask woflgame NA and share the word

ill leave a first impressions of the game so anybody who doesnt know what im talking about can see if its or not their cup of tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS7uHvBg0To

It looks really intriguing, i would definitively buy it :)

Saphirax

It's been listed in Amazon Spain too. Vita and PS4 listings are there. PS3 and XBO versions are not listed.

Both listings (Xtralife and Amazon.es) have in common the release date (August 26th) and the distributor (Badland).

So the PQube announcement is going to be S;G 0 for Vita/PS4.

Cornbread78

BTA

So the PQube announcement is going to be S;G 0 for Vita/PS4.

Oooh, this is exciting, then. Hopefully the translation team's good; it's a shame that the original team probably won't be returning but that doesn't mean the new one will be necessarily worse.

Clive

God of War Collection is on sale. Worth it on Vita?

They're the worst versions of God of War 1 & 2 but they're not unplayable or anything. Highly compressed cutscenes and some not too severe framerate drops from my experience. They look pretty good overall. Supposedly there is a trophy glitch in the first game which could lead to you not getting any trophies at all but it never happened to me and maybe it was fixed.

They're both great games so if the Vita is your only way of playing them then I think you should.

So i asked Amon26 about one of my most waited Vita games , an unpopular choice but its a personal one.

Gyossait is a disturbing 2d platformer and i want this to happen in the Vita .
This game was announced long time ago for the system but i decided to ask the devs about it the respnse was:

Amon26.PNG

I might be the only one excited for this game but if you are interested just ask woflgame NA and share the word

ill leave a first impressions of the game so anybody who doesnt know what im talking about can see if its or not their cup of tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS7uHvBg0To

Looks great. Reminds me of Abuse, slightly. I would get this day 1.

That's not the point. There are no alternatives for Demon's Souls. Also completely different games.

Even the PS2 Originals of God of War are running significantly smoother with an uncapped frame and an aim for 60fps. These games were designed with an high(er) framerate in mind.

Framerate comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T68SX0PvJ4

In Europe it's crossbuy though. But I don't know if that's the case for the US aswell.

Glix

Is this the Vita love thread? I hope it is. Vita is so fucking great.

I've had one since launch, and in 2014-2015 my 3ds got much more use.

Then I got a PS4 late 2015. Cross play, cross buy, ps+ and remote play re interested me in the system. I had no idea they ported great ps4 released like Resogun and Hohokum.

Since then I have been gaming HARD on my Vita. I have been taking advantage of Gamestop clearing out physical inventory and PSN sales and have amassed quite a library.

I even splurged for a 64gb, and DAMN it was worth it.

A few weeks ago I gave it away to a pal (we have a new Vita brother!!!) and bought myself an imported white/lime green 2000. It is a GORGEOUS unit. I LOVE the vivid colors of the OLED, but the 2000 is so great, and the LCD is gorgeous in its own way, so I'm okay with it.

I find I like rougelikes on the machine more than anything. My roguelike bubble contains:

Nuclear Throne
Spelunky
BOI Rebirth
Flame Over
Risk of Rain
Don't Starve
Downwell

Don't sleep on Flame Over the game is so awesome. I would KILL for a port of Enter the Gungeon.

My only issue with my Vita is that the quality of some of the ports is lacking. It really annoys me. Especially since bit.trip was recently patched for HUGE performance gains, I now expect all devs to do the same, which I know is unrealistic...

Amazing Vita Games:

Rayman Legends - Probably the best rev of this game. The Murphy levels are incredible on Vita and the game looks AMAZING on the screen. In addition to a very fun and varied platformer with tons of levels, the online challenges are great fun as well.

Killzone - Was just on sale I hope you all bought it. A gorgeous and competent Vita FPS. It will not blow anyone away with new, incredible gameplay innovations, but it is a very very solidly made game, and possibly the best portable fps ever. Two real sticks gives Vita a huge advantage over every other handheld ever in that space.

Skullgirls - Amazing port of an amazing game. AMAZING PORT. Runs great, totally gorgeous.

Housemarque - SSD, Resogun, and Dead Nation are all available for Vita. They are wonderful games.

Geo Wars 3 - Don't sleep on this just because Acti are assholes. Classic mode is basically Geo Wars 2 ported to modern systems. Something I wanted for a long time. The new adventure mode is fun and all, but that is not why I'm here.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - Possibly the most technically impressive game on Vita to me. Such such such a good port. Razor sharp graphics and runs smooth as hell. A great version of a great game.

That is just the tip of the iceberg.

I love vita.

Cornbread78

I somehow lost my cartridge for Dungeon Travelers 2 out of my Vita case.... I'm very sad that I have to buy it again!

Oh and more VN's on Vita would be awesome!

I really wish we could get some of the Key works like Clannad, Angel Beats, Little Busters, Kanon, ReWrite and Planetarian localized...

Pata

Just to put it out there, I wouldn't be surprised at all if at least one of those is Xblaze Lost Memories for EU.
Wouldn't that be brought by Funbox? They are the ones that brought the first one, but I'm not sure it did that well to warrant bringing the second one.

18-Volt

More VNs are always good but I need some more quality otomes. Especially the ones from Koei. That Angelique Retour game on Vita is supposed to be very good. Wonder what do we have to do to convince Koei to localize their otomes.

fallingdove

Are we ever going to see Atelier Shalie Plus in English on the Vita? All the videos I see on the Japanese version indicate that the framerate is much improved over the PS3 version.

Tohsaka

Are we ever going to see Atelier Shalie Plus in English on the Vita? All the videos I see on the Japanese version indicate that the framerate is much improved over the PS3 version.

The Japanese version has only been out two months, it's too soon for a localization announcement. They'll probably release it late this year or early 2017 in the west.

Wouldn't that be brought by Funbox? They are the ones that brought the first one, but I'm not sure it did that well to warrant bringing the second one.
Ah, I must have been confused by PQube doing Arcsys stuff and Rice Digital doing the LE for the first game.

Saphirax

More VNs are always good but I need some more quality otomes. Especially the ones from Koei. That Angelique Retour game on Vita is supposed to be very good. Wonder what do we have to do to convince Koei to localize their otomes.

Aksys is going to have some major announcements this Friday.

If we all pray to the (good) otome gods, maybe we'll get an otome game out of it!

I don't think KT has even acknowledged people asking for their otome games to be brought over :(.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
This thread reminded me of Adventures of Mana being considered for an English Vita release. Looks like SE are still allergic to localizing Vita games that aren't also on PS4.

SarusGray

um can you link this proof. Last time I checked the frame rate was atrocious!! Hopefully that's been patched q.q

Top Bottom