• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

It's also pretty exhausting seeing this kind of pessimist vicious circle of confirmation bias where some people keep repeating themselves until everyone starts accepting their opinion as truth (until they get proved wrong so everything's fine for a few days until it starts again) in this thread all the time.

But, yeah, even though the struggles of japanese devs into porting games to pc and developing for modern consoles are plain as day, you don't have to agree, it's my opinion.

How am I the pessimist in this discussion? lmao
Hoping for Vita ports to more consoles and the JP dev industry not dying because of Neo is "pessimist"? You have a weird definition of that word.

The problem of Japanese PC ports is that they are basically console games with fixed resolutions, framerates and no options, not that they don't run. They are only problems because PC gamers have different expectations, it won't be a problem on console. At least know what you're talking about.

Prelude.

How am I the pessimist in this discussion? lmao

The problem of Japanese PC ports is that they are basically console games with fixed resolutions, framerates and no options, not that they don't run. At least know what you're talking about.
I don't know why you brought up the "don't run" thing, but Akiba's Trip literally didn't run for some people.

And I wasn't talking about you with "pessimist", it's the general mood for this thread.

Fdkn

I don't think you'll be able to release a game that complies with both modes, you'll probably need to do "something" significant to take advantage of the higher specs or nobody would do it.

Of course many would do it, those who have the resources and push the console enough to take advantage from the existence of a PS4 Neo.

Current low budget games don't push the base ps4 too. Nobody can force a dev to push the Neo if their game doesn't have that type of scope.

This is the vita thread, so I've derailed this enough already. But if something 'kills' the japanese development scene, it won't be the PS4 Neo.

And I'm one of those who doesn't even want to buy a Neo and would hate if base games got gimped because of it.

RK128

Are we really back with "if is vita exclusive, it won't come out" nonsense?

Anihawk drivel really messed with you, guys.

I don't think that personally. But XSEED likely wants to have a strong PS4 line up, so, them making ports of a few Vita games on the PS4 could indicated longer wait times for localization's.

Besides, two games XSEED is likely bringing over (Uppers and VD) are Vita exclusives and will likely remain Vita exclusives when localized.

Prelude.

Are we really back with "if is vita exclusive, it won't come out" nonsense?

Anihawk drivel really messed with you, guys.
It's mind boggling how people agree with that while selectively ignoring that the same thing happens to most PS4 games. The PS4 must be such a fucking failure, geez.
Of course many would do it, those who have the resources and push the console enough to take advantage from the existence of a PS4 Neo.

Current low budget games don't push the base ps4 too. Nobody can force a dev to push the Neo if their game doesn't have that type of scope.
It's just speculation so it kinda pointless to keep going but I think they will implement those changes, customers need to see the reasons to buy a new iteration of a console and they're not gonna see them if they're not forcing devs to make the Neo version look visibly better.
This is the vita thread, so I've derailed this enough already. But if something 'kills' the japanese development scene, it won't be the PS4 Neo.
No, it's not the Neo, it's straight up Sony. Dropping out of the handheld market and doubling down on their console means dropping out of Japan. The problem is that having only one company left is not exactly a good thing for variety so you don't know how things are gonna turn out. Clearly going on the Nintendo console is not the only solution, otherwise every game would be there right now.

NDPsycho

Got my cancellation notice from play-asia for the vita Mighty No. 9 indicating it was canceled by the publisher. Not surprised, but still a little bummed.

RK128

Got my cancellation notice from play-asia for the vita Mighty No. 9 indicating it was canceled by the publisher. Not surprised, but still a little bummed.

That sucks :(. Hope the Vita version isn't scrapped.....but I just want to play the damn game already and have no issue playing it on my PS3 personally :l.

NDPsycho

That sucks :(. Hope the Vita version isn't scrapped.....but I just want to play the damn game already and have no issue playing it on my PS3 personally :l.

Email indicated it was crossbuy still, this was just referencing the physical Asia release.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My vita comes in the mail. I'm gonna need a 10 game starter pack. Any suggestions from any genre are good (as long as the game is good). Please help me vita gaf. I haven't had the system since year one.

Shizuka

My vita comes in the mail. I'm gonna need a 10 game starter pack. Any suggestions from any genre are good (as long as the game is good). Please help me vita gaf. I haven't had the system since year one.

Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Demon Gaze, Steins;Gate, Severed, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, Trails of Cold Steel, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Danganronpa and Ar nosurge Plus.

That's 10 amazing games.

BTA

Estival Versus took a year but was announced well before then. With all the stuff from this week plus Akiba we have probably their entire slate for the next year. Can you see them announcing any of these game this time next year?

I'm kinda wary of assuming that these titles are going to take up a lot of their time. I don't really think it's worth panicking over any of this yet even if it is a bad sign. Though, to be honest, the only thing I'm interested in from what they haven't released is TX. But I'd rather them keep releasing Vita games than not, of course.

Sweet! Thank you. How's axiom verge?

I'm very very slowly playing through it still but it's been great so far and seems to run fine without many issues.

VLiberty

You should've been more surprised if it was actually coming out on Vita, just like for every other indie game in the past 6 months.

sigh

Takao

Banned

Is Play-Asia sure of that? Heavy Arm said a few days ago that Sony's R3 Vita print had been delayed. That's because SIEJA apparently didn't get the memo on the staggered launch.

Cornbread78

Unfortunately none of that worked =( I left it charging the whole night (>12h), to no avail, stil no blinking lights, still can't power it on. The only response I get from the Vita is when I plug the charger in. Then it flashes the orange light once, fades away and doesn't flash it again unless I unplug it and plug it back in.

I tried holding the power button for over 30seconds, also to no avail...

Fuck. That sucks dude. Sorry it didn't work for you.

NDPsycho

Is Play-Asia sure of that? Heavy Arm said a few days ago that Sony's R3 Vita print had been delayed. That's because SIEJA apparently didn't get the memo on the staggered launch.

All I know is that I got an email explaining the cancelation and since I had paid with paypal, they needed to know if I wanted a refund/store credit/or a replacement order for something else. I just switched it to another pre-order.

What the hell happened here? :|

Awesome. Welcome aboard. Here are recommendations across all genres and even some multiplatform games that I feel are best on vita:

Persona 4 Golden, Superbeat Xonic, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Spelunky, OlliOlli 2, Final Fantasy X HD, Metal Gear Solid HD collection, Steins;Gate, Odin Sphere Leifhtrasir.

Play Asia gets their releases only from Hong Kong as far as I can tell, whereas Heavy Arm also gets Malaysian releases and maybe others. That could be the difference.

H-A got the DOAX3 with english cover while PA never did for example.

I doubt they just don't "want" to sell it, especially with their huge push for English Asian releases after DOAX3. It could just not be available to them.

Play Asia gets their releases only from Hong Kong as far as I can tell, whereas Heavy Arm also gets Malaysian releases and maybe others. That could be the difference.

H-A got the DOAX3 with english cover while PA never did for example.

I doubt they just don't "want" to sell it, especially with their huge push for English Asian releases after DOAX3. It could just not be available to them.

Good point. HK and Singapore afaik. Ill have to go through my colleciton ordered from them. I defo have one or two releases that have the Singapore no rating but barcode on the bottom left as opposed the HK style rating my copy of DOAX 3 has.

In other news, my copies of Dynasty Warriors Next + Dungeon Travelers 2 (with calendar) showed up from them. Now to hunt down physical copies of Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss. I got 2 x Sword City LEs. What other DRPG am I missing for vita?

In other news, my copies of Dynasty Warriors Next + Dungeon Travelers 2 (with calendar) showed up from them. Now to hunt down physical copies of Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss. I got 2 x Sword City LEs. What other DRPG am I missing for vita?

Moe Chronicle. It's actually not terrible and if you're okay with the level of fanservice in DT2 you'll probably be okay with this.

Mind Zero if you hate yourself enough

Moe Chronicle. It's actually not terrible and if you're okay with the level of fanservice in DT2 you'll probably be okay with this.

Mind Zero if you hate yourself enough

Oh yea thanks for reminding me. got the English moe chronicle and oreshika with my friend in singapore. mind zero no. just no. please make it go away.

I guess im still holding out for ray gigant r3 english.

Unrelated I gotta sort out deemo ltd edition.

Does that even exist? I thought it was Japanese only for physical releases, which was why I grabbed the digital version (I'm actually really enjoying the game, seems pretty fun!).

There isn't yet but Im hoping bamco asia does one. I got the game digitally as well. In fact im hoping god eater (both) get proper vita physical releases in asia. if not, ill import the EU one and just suck it up and get res digitally.

There isn't yet but Im hoping bamco asia does one. I got the game digitally as well. In fact im hoping god eater (both) get proper vita physical releases in asia. if not, ill import the EU one and just suck it up and get res digitally.

Ah ok. I thought I missed out on a physical release there. I hope a English physical release turns up in the future as well, as I'm really enjoying the game so I'd love to put a physical version of the game in my collection.

I agree about God Eater as well, but I'll be getting the Euro release for sure for that :)

Stumbled across this fairly interesting article, Japan's most memorable games from each console. This is the Vita list:

http://kotaku.com/poll-japans-most-memorable-games-on-each-console-1780043369

PlayStation Vita

10. Muramasa: The Demon Blade - 58 votes

9. Freedom Wars - 63 votes

8. Tokyo Xanadu - 66 votes

7. God Eater 2 Rage Burst - 72 votes

6. Soul Sacrifice - 75 votes

5. Photo Kano Kiss - 96 votes

4. Dragon Quest Builders - 122 votes

3. Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reload - 141 votes

2. Gravity Rush - 159 votes

1. Persona 4 Golden - 246 votes

Photo Kano Kiss in 5th place? I've only seen/read about the game but not played it, didn't look top 5 material to me... I might have to try it out of morbid curiosity now.

Glad to see Muramasa show up on the list. I love that game and the Vita port was excellent (as was all the new content). Rest of the list seems pretty accurate though, though it makes the absence of a English port of Tokyo Xanadu that much more disappointing :( I still have faith that it may get translated at some point though.

Shizuka

What are the visual novels scheduled for the Vita in 2016 in the West? Lemme see if I got it right:

- Zero Time Dilemma;
- Steins;Gate 0;
- Psycho-Pass;
- Muv Luv;
- Root Letter;
- Sekai Project, maybe?

Am I missing anything?

Prelude.

VA-11 HALL-A can be considered a VN, I guess.

And also Read Only Memories, kinda, but I think it's more like a graphic adventure.

Shizuka

That's their target, I think.

Visual novel has become my favorite genre since a long time ago
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
, so I've been playing tons ever since. Playing them on my Vita is a dream come true, that both my favorite genres (VN and DRPG) are so present on my favorite platform.

Prelude.

Visual novel has become my favorite genre since a long time ago
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
, so I've been playing tons ever since. Playing them on my Vita is a dream come true, that both my favorite genres (VN and DRPG) are so present on my favorite platform.
I never thought I'd get to play S;G in english, on my Vita. in a physical format and here we are, waiting for the sequel. We're even getting a new mystery VN, which is my favorite genre, and ZE3. Pretty damn good year for VNs.

Oh my god, Downwell is so good.

Tell me about it. Spent quite a bit of time playing the first set of levels, grabbing a few trophies to learn the ins and outs of the game. I love the combo system, just can't decide which weapons I actually like (I'm actually favouring the starting weapon at the moment, I have an easier time combo'ing with it).
It can get a bit hectic on screen at times and I find it a bit hard to see exactly what is going on! I'll definitely be playing this one for a good long time though.

Stumbled across this fairly interesting article, Japan's most memorable games from each console. This is the Vita list:

http://kotaku.com/poll-japans-most-memorable-games-on-each-console-1780043369

PlayStation Vita

10. Muramasa: The Demon Blade - 58 votes

9. Freedom Wars - 63 votes

8. Tokyo Xanadu - 66 votes

7. God Eater 2 Rage Burst - 72 votes

6. Soul Sacrifice - 75 votes

5. Photo Kano Kiss - 96 votes

4. Dragon Quest Builders - 122 votes

3. Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reload - 141 votes

2. Gravity Rush - 159 votes

1. Persona 4 Golden - 246 votes

Hmm has anyone played Photo Kano? Is it worth it all without understanding Japanese? I love taking photos in DOAX3.

Dreams shattered guys, Final Fantasy XII remaster only for PS4.

Had crossed all my fingers and toes for this one making it to Vita so we'd have a full set of I-XII on a handheld (minus the MMO, of course).

Had crossed all my fingers and toes for this one making it to Vita so we'd have a full set of I-XII on a handheld (minus the MMO, of course).

Were people actually thinking it would be on Vita? They couldn't even fit X and X-2 on the same cart, no chance were they doing so with 12. Square also wasn't about to release a digital only title in Japan, not when doing so is a death sentence there.

Yea I was hoping for that as well. Sigh.

Not mentioning Vita In that thread though for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom