• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

AniHawk

Games that never will leave Japan?

I'm pretty sure that this month's event we will see Princess is Money Hungry and Witch & 100 Knights, but I'm also sure they wouldn't skip something like Exile Election. It's going after Dangan's hype and it's also available for PS4.

guess what witch and the hundred knights 2 and princess is money hungry also have in common with those games.

don't expect them on february 17

18-Volt

What is there left to announce at the conference?

Maybe some of those leaked titles are actually NISA'a job? Like Punchline and Yu-No? But this doesn't make sense either, NISA do their own distribution in Europe.

Yeah, literally there is no other games to localize, everyone is doing their own localization job these days. They listed platforms as Vita, PS4 and 3DS, which is more puzzling. All Japanese third party 3DS games come from big guys like Namco, Level-5 and Capcom.

If there will be no Witch & 100K and Princess, Coven looks like the best candidate.

Saphirax

Maybe some of those leaked titles are actually NISA'a job? Like Punchline and Yu-No? But this doesn't make sense either, NISA do their own distribution in Europe.

Yeah, literally there is no other games to localize, everyone is doing their own localization job these days. They listed platforms as Vita, PS4 and 3DS, which is more puzzling. All Japanese third party 3DS games come from big guys like Namco, Level-5 and Capcom.

If there will be no Witch & 100K and Princess, Coven looks like the best candidate.

That website is their German distributor. Same site leaked Babel/Cladun/DR:AE.

guess what witch and the hundred knights 2 and princess is money hungry also have in common with those games.

don't expect them on february 17

Oh NISA... wat r u doing? I mean we know there's going to be a Vita game reveal at the press conference since they've already teased it, but it's not any of the sea of Vita games they're the publisher of in Japan?

Sigh. It feels like such a lifetime ago that this was this NISA that published Black Rock Shooter and Generation of Chaos about 4 years after the PSP became irrelevant in the west, yet it was only 2013...

(I'm hoping this is just another "they're not ready yet" kinda deal as with everything they announced late last year, and a reveal is coming later. Otherwise, skipping all those games is going to be a massive bummer to me)

What is there left to announce at the conference?

We went through this last year with both NISA and XSEED where we thought "there's nothing left to announce" and they found stuff. With XSEED it was game that weren't even close to being finished even in Japan (Fate/Extella and Akiba's Beat... lol). With NISA it was stuff no-one expected like Psycho Pass and Birthdays.

I just hope it's not more Touhou. I'm trying my hardest but I just can't get hyped for those games.

Shizuka

I wouldn't be surprised if it was another 5pb visual novel, maybe even one of the leaked ones like Punchline (PQube shared YU-NO news not long ago, so that's pretty much their alley confirmed).

AniHawk

i already included coven.

they usually announce 3-5 games. that will probably be the case this year too.

2014:
danganronpa 2
fairy fencer f
neptunia pp?
mugen souls z
natural doctrine?

question marks mean i forgot if they were announced there

2015:
danganronpa another episode
rodea the sky soldier

2016:
firefly diary steam
criminal girls steam
criminal girls 2 kinda
psycho-pass mandatory happiness
yomawari night alone
touhou genso rondo

grand kingdom had been announced previously at that point

the other thing to consider is that they actually are already releasing a shitload of games in 2017, so there just might not be a lot of things to do for the entire year. outside of their press event and while in 2016, they announced 12 games for 2017 between june and december. so it also might be more like 2015 when it was more about announcing release dates than anything.

Saphirax

Since we're on the topic of bad news:

Update 4:27 p.m.: Aksys Games has sent over some breaking news. The PS Vita version of Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, both physical and digital, will be delayed in Europe to “later this year.” The PlayStation 4 digital version will still launch on March 24, with the physical release date to be announced in the coming weeks.

'Later this year', really...?

the other thing to consider is that they actually are already releasing a shitload of games in 2017, so there just might not be a lot of things to do for the entire year. outside of their press event and while in 2016, they announced 12 games for 2017 between june and december. so it also might be more like 2015 when it was more about announcing release dates than anything.

I think people are just hanging on the fact that teaser thing they posted said there would be new games announced for PS4, Steam, Vita & 3DS. So at least one new game for the console.

Since we're on the topic of bad news:

'Later this year', really...?

That's... crap. I've been holding off and holding off on this series waiting for a way to play 999, then a perfect one comes along so I wait. Now I have to wait even longer?

I mean, I will wait, because I want to support Aksys since they seem to be making big strides in Europe (physical versions of this + Tokyo Xanadu), but it's a bummer.

18-Volt

But they literally said on the invitation that they'll have brand new game announcements and 3DS was there. 3DS. As far as I know, they don't have anything 3DS slated for release.

I couldn't find anything for NISA to bring to 3DS but Kenka Bancho 6. Not impossible they have good relations with Spike. For Vita, Coven is the best candidate I think, unless they decide that Exile Election needs a fast localization.

Saphirax

I think people are just hanging on the fact that teaser thing they posted said there would be new games announced for PS4, Steam, Vita & 3DS. So at least one new game for the console.

That's... crap. I've been holding off and holding off on this series waiting for a way to play 999, then a perfect one comes along so I wait. Now I have to wait even longer?

I mean, I will wait, because I want to support Aksys since they seem to be making big strides in Europe (physical versions of this + Tokyo Xanadu), but it's a bummer.

But they literally said on the invitation that they'll have brand new game announcements and 3DS was there. 3DS. As far as I know, they don't have anything 3DS slated for release.

I couldn't find anything for NISA to bring to 3DS but Kenka Bancho 6. Not impossible they have good relations with Spike. For Vita, Coven is the best candidate I think, unless they decide that Exile Election needs a fast localization.

To be fair, if it's like 2015, it'll be a 3DS game and a Vita/PS4 game, maybe Steam as well or just a pc port of another game. The rest would be release dates for their already announced games. The main issue would be - are there any decent 3DS games they could bring over? Same goes for vita/ps4 if they're skipping a bunch of their own games.

AniHawk

yeah but don't expect coven. 3ds game could also be some sort of multiplat, although there aren't too many of those.

To think it's been like three years now of AniHawk constantly popping into the various Vita threads to drop vague hints that NISA won't localize anything.

Time flies! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

VLR was released through Rising Star Games in Europe, 3DS and Vita. And only the Vita release in Europe is coming later. Licensing issues or something like that?

AniHawk

To think it's been like three years now of AniHawk constantly popping into the various Vita threads to drop vague hints that NISA won't localize anything.

Time flies! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

localizing =/= announcing

i think most nis games are going to make it. it's only a select few that might not. i'd be surprised if exile election doesn't come over, for example.

there's also the longest five minutes which was announced and never dated. that came in a weird part of the year (with the release date of the japanese version), and the steam page has been up since then.

coven has good word of mouth, witch and the hundred knight sold fine, princess should be small and possible - the problem is if they're all steam, either nis has to toss them on the pile with everything else or find another way to get them done. so other things in the pipeline that could have been there a lot earlier might be holding up other games. and maybe if dr reload does well, more ps vita -> ps4 conversions are in the cards as well, further delaying what were originally ps vita-only games.

18-Volt

yeah but don't expect coven. 3ds game could also be some sort of multiplat, although there aren't too many of those.

Many? There's none! Last time 3DS got a multiplat non-indie title, it was Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 in 2015. Nowadays almost everything 3DS gets is exclusiveto the system: Great Ace Attorney, Yokai Busters, Dragon Ball Heroes 3, Alliance Alive etc.

Atlus made a persona questionaire asking for what spinoffs/remakes/ports you want, the platform and other things... too bad it's in Japanese, if you can read Japanese vote for Vita! XD
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/atlus-20...finitive-edition-persona-spin-offs-hd-remakes

Did my part. That survey was long! They can tell I was a PS fan because all the Persona games I played except for Q. Also had questions about Atlus so like what you think of Dragons Crown, Etrian Odyssey and such. Filled out that I hated smartphone games. Asked for all the Persona possible games (remakes, dancing, spin offs) except for shooting and board game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Did my part. That survey was long! They can tell I was a PS fan because all the Persona games I played except for Q. Also had questions about Atlus so like what you think of Dragons Crown, Etrian Odyssey and such. Filled out that I hated smartphone games. Asked for all the Persona possible games (remakes, dancing, spin offs) except for shooting and board game.

Good work! XD

I would take any more Atlus support that they're willing to offer, but it's a bit late in the day for that. Could've done with them being closer to their PSP support rather than the "Vanillaware and basically nothing else" support they threw at Vita lol.

Shizuka

Just got a crash on Demetrios... I know I postponed reviewing the game, but losing progress due to a crash is always irritating.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but Chaos:Child has a preorder page at www.ozgameshop.com now.

How is this compared to Steins;Gate (my favourite VN), worth getting?

http://www.ozgameshop.com/playstation-vita-games/chaos-child-ps-vita-game

Anyone know the release date?

It hasn't been announced yet, but it's popped up at enough retailers and been hinted at in general that it's pretty much a lock. No details on release date as a result, though.

I've heard it's very good, one of the best entries in the Science Adventure series. It uses the events of Chaos;Head as a backdrop, but I think (or at least I'd hope!) that it explains everything you'd need to know. It has a different cast of characters who wouldn't have known the specifics of what happened in Chaos;Head, after all. I can't promise that it won't casually spoil C;H, though.

jjasso21

Seems like it will be another great year for the Vita. Also I really have to hit up Playasia. I need that SRW and Gundam Xtreme VS games

Top Bottom