• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Interesting to see that bazaar-bazaar.com is still the only place to get the european version of Collar x Malice. A store nobody really knows.

I asked the support of Base and 365games and they have zero information about getting stock of that version. If it stays like this, that version might be the rarest Vita game of all.

In other news, according to the Play-Asia listing description, the english Asia release of Ys Origin also includes korean language now. That piece of information is new. Before that the description only mentioned Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English and Japanese,
http://www.play-asia.com/ys-origin-multi-language/13/70aylx

I think that makes the english Asia LE even more likely and Heavy Arm Store was right, respectively their distributor.

Interesting to see that bazaar-bazaar.com is still the only place to get the european version of Collar x Malice. A store nobody really knows.

I asked the support of Base and 365games and they have zero information about getting stock of that version. If it stays like this, that version might be the rarest Vita game of all.

Yeah, the Collar X Malice thing is a strange one. But I can vouch for the store selling it:
image by gouki16uk, on Flickr

Got my copy today, new and sealed. Usually I'd have waited longer to see if it appeared elsewhere, but after Period Cube and Tokyo Xanadu getting smaller runs in Europe and not being available in that many places I didn't want to wait to long and risk missing out on a copy.

Yeah, I can too. No idea how local shipping works, but to Germany they used DHL express and it arrvied a day later already. Despite the fact I chose Royal Mail for £6, which was pretty expensive. But DHL Express for the same money is not that bad.

Yeah, I can too. No idea how local shipping works, but to Germany they used DHL express and it arrvied a day later already. Despite the fact I chose Royal Mail for £6, which was pretty expensive. But DHL Express for the same money is not that bad.

I'm in the UK so went for free delivery, which they also used DHL for next day delivery. Which is great from my point of view!

Takao

Banned
In today's, "You never thought they'd be involved with a Vita game again" news, Koei Tecmo is publishing an otome game called Tokimeki Resturant. It promises to be an industry first documentary style release. Okay, Koei Tecmo publishing an otome game isn't supririsng. They're literally the inventors of that genre. The surprising thing is that Tokimeki Resturant is a spinoff of Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side (in turn, a spinoff of Tokimeki Memorial), a series of dating sims from ... Konami. Koei Tecmo's Ruby Party, the branch of the company behind their otome games, isn't credited anywhere. Could Konami actually be developing this on behalf of KT? Weirder things have happened.

jzbluz

In today's, "You never thought they'd be involved with a Vita game again" news, Koei Tecmo is publishing an otome game called Tokimeki Resturant. It promises to be an industry first documentary style release. Okay, Koei Tecmo publishing an otome game isn't supririsng. They're literally the inventors of that genre. The surprising thing is that Tokimeki Resturant is a spinoff of Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side (in turn, a spinoff of Tokimeki Memorial), a series of dating sims from ... Konami. Koei Tecmo's Ruby Party, the branch of the company behind their otome games, isn't credited anywhere. Could Konami actually be developing this on behalf of KT? Weirder things have happened.

It's a mobile game that was developed by Konami, but KT took over a few years ago. Konami might not have anything to do with the port.

Olengie

My copy of Drive Girls frm Play Asia finally came in. I'm just meh snice an NA version is coming for relatively cheaper (especially after Prime 20%off Discount) -.-

i-Jest

Anyone disappointed about Dragon Quest Builders 2 not getting a Vita release? Personally I'm okay with it since the first game wasn't my cup of tea, however I know there are others in the thread that liked the first game.

Jimrpg

Anyone disappointed about Dragon Quest Builders 2 not getting a Vita release? Personally I'm okay with it since the first game wasn't my cup of tea, however I know there are others in the thread that liked the first game.

I played a bit of the PS4 version (about 5 hours), though I have the Vita version too. I liked it and will definitely go back and finish it.

The writing was on the wall anyway with SE not bothering with a physical Vita version in the west. It's been pretty eye opening how fast Japanese devs/pubs have been in supporting the Switch compared to western devs/pubs.

Ventara

Nah, and I loved DQ Builders. At this point, I'm not expecting anything new for the Vita. Anything that does is a nice surprise, though.

Nah, and I loved DQ Builders. At this point, I'm not expecting anything new for the Vita. Anything that does is a nice surprise, though.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I'll grab any Vita releases happily, but I don't expect many. I've got a backlog that'll take who knows how long to finish anyway! As long as the games I do want get released on PS4/Switch I'll be happy.

Honestly, this time last year if games were getting announced and skipping Vita I'd have been miffed, by at this point I'm pretty accepting of the console's state. I don't expect anything anymore, so that way when things like Digimon and Persona happen it's a nice surprise, rather than a disappointment if they don't happen.

I still think Vita has a decent bit of life left in it with certain games, and if not I've still got 5+ years of games I'm behind with.

Honestly, this time last year if games were getting announced and skipping Vita I'd have been miffed, by at this point I'm pretty accepting of the console's state. I don't expect anything anymore, so that way when things like Digimon and Persona happen it's a nice surprise, rather than a disappointment if they don't happen.

I still think Vita has a decent bit of life left in it with certain games, and if not I've still got 5+ years of games I'm behind with.

Sam here. Plus its getting a Switch port, so if I want a portable version then I've still got a great option right there.

Jimrpg

If DQB2 came out on PS4/switch/vita I would just get the best version anyway (prob PS4 unless I wanted portable). The Vita version might be a little redundant.

Stalk

How romance heavy is Collar x Malice? Umming and ahhing on it (and cuz' EU release seemingly being another Tokyo Xanadu hah...)

Saphirax

How romance heavy is Collar x Malice? Umming and ahhing on it (and cuz' EU release seemingly being another Tokyo Xanadu hah...)

Romance isn't the focus of the game. It's like Hakuoki in that regard.

Eventually there'll be some romance since it's an otome game, but that should be near the end of the routes. It's pretty much a mystery vn first.

Stalk

Romance isn't the focus of the game. It's like Hakuoki in that regard.

Eventually there'll be some romance since it's an otome game, but that should be near the end of the routes. It's pretty much a mystery vn first.

Ok, thanks for the answers. I wasn't sure since I was aware it was in that genre. I'm thinking I'll bite the bullet then haha.

It's that time again where we play 'Guess which game got delayed AGAIN'.

Did someone guess Summon Night 6?

Because that's 100% correct!

http://www.handheldplayers.com/2017...lost-borders-delayed-again-to-september-2017/

Jesus fucking christ man, I don't care if I called the delay or not, there are too many fucking niche Japanese games in September on this system. These publishers need to be able to see that. This puts my release list at 7 games for the month.

Ys 8
Danganronpa 3
Summon Night 6
Ys Origin
Mary Skelter
Undertale
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth

Jesus fucking christ man, I don't care if I called the delay or not, there are too many fucking niche Japanese games in September on this system. This puts my release list at 7 games for the month.

Ys 8
Danganronpa 3
Summon Night 6
Ys Origin
Mary Skelter
Undertale

Fuck - I forgot about Mary Skelter and the Western release of Ys VIII.

Wichu

Chaos;Child is still slated for Q3, right? With any luck, you can add that to the list.

I'm just grabbing the VNs and physical Undertale, but that's still a ton of games (especially with Collar x Malice in the mail right now).

Jesus fucking christ man, I don't care if I called the delay or not, there are too many fucking niche Japanese games in September on this system. These publishers need to be able to see that. This puts my release list at 7 games for the month.

Ys 8
Danganronpa 3
Summon Night 6
Ys Origin
Mary Skelter
Undertale
Yeah September is nuts for Vita, especially considering it's been a few months of nothing for the system. Seems like bad business sense, but what do I know?

oldmario

Chaos;Child is still slated for Q3, right? With any luck, you can add that to the list.

I'm just grabbing the VNs and physical Undertale, but that's still a ton of games (especially with Collar x Malice in the mail right now).

i'm pretty sure that's september 15th

Ventara

You know, I was just thinking; what ever happened to those Dept. Heaven games? We got a few in the series (Yggdra, Knights,Gungnir, Riviera), and there was supposed to be a bunch more. Was hoping a long while back we'd see something for 3DS or Vita, but we got nothing, and I don't think I've read anything about the series continuing.

incpdo

You know, I was just thinking; what ever happened to those Dept. Heaven games? We got a few in the series (Yggdra, Knights,Gungnir, Riviera), and there was supposed to be a bunch more. Was hoping a long while back we'd see something for 3DS or Vita, but we got nothing, and I don't think I've read anything about the series continuing.

aren't they part of Sting? A new Baroque wouldn't hurt,

http://www.handheldplayers.com/2017...lost-borders-delayed-again-to-september-2017/

You know, this is insanely frustrating because I really want to support Gaijinworks. If anyone's gonna support Vita until it's not possible to support Vita anymore, it's them, and I want to help show there's an audience here.

But genuinely, September is packed. If it's before the 20th, that's Ys VIII - plus I'll be buying Ys Origin from LRG. If it's after the 20th, that's DanganRonpa V3 (20th is payday for me). I'd like to buy Mary Skelter to support Tokyo Clanpool localization if I can too; and Utawarerumono to support Dungeon Travelers 2-2.

Ugh. Why you do this to me Vic?

Series never seemed majorly popular anyway. Sting seem to be happy being a work-for-hire company for Compile Heart these days (pretty sure they did Date-A-Live and Hyperdevotion Noire; plus they made Dungeon Travelers 2-2 for Aquaplus).

You know, this is insanely frustrating because I really want to support Gaijinworks. If anyone's gonna support Vita until it's not possible to support Vita anymore, it's them, and I want to help show there's an audience here.

But genuinely, September is packed. If it's before the 20th, that's Ys VIII - plus I'll be buying Ys Origin from LRG. If it's after the 20th, that's DanganRonpa V3 (20th is payday for me). I'd like to buy Mary Skelter to support Tokyo Clanpool localization if I can too; and Utawarerumono to support Dungeon Travelers 2-2.

My Vita backlog is getting ridiculous. So many games, then there's the backlog on ps4. Right now I'm playing Evil Within. Bought it day one, but never played it until last week... That said, I will buy Utawarerumono, just for DT to have a chance at localization. Think I've only played less than an hour of the first Utawarerumono.

Ventara

aren't they part of Sting? A new Baroque wouldn't hurt,

Yeah, Sting is the developer.

Series never seemed majorly popular anyway. Sting seem to be happy being a work-for-hire company for Compile Heart these days (pretty sure they did Date-A-Live and Hyperdevotion Noire; plus they made Dungeon Travelers 2-2 for Aquaplus).

Which is a real shame. Nothing against the outsourced work they're doing (DT2 is great), but their Dept. Heaven games were fantastic ( I adored Yggdra Union), so it's a real shame we're not getting more. I was already saddened that we never got Gloria/Blaze Union and Yggdra Unison.

autoduelist

excited by all the releases, though only Mary Skelter, Summon Night, and Ys are calling out to me.

My vita backlog is getting pretty ridiculous. Besides dozens and dozens of indies, i've still got so many rpgs, a couple drpgs, etc to get through. This device is going to last me a longggg time. Who am i kidding... my vita backlog has long been insane. But right now I feel like i have a extra-large backlog of high-interest-long-play games. Like, I can't even figure out what to delete on my 64g card to make room for new games anymore.

Yeah, Sting is the developer.

Which is a real shame. Nothing against the outsourced work they're doing (DT2 is great), but they're Dept. Heaven games were fantastic ( I adorned Yggdra Union), so it's a real shame we're not getting more. I was already saddened that we never got Gloria/Blaze Union and Yggdra Unison.

I'm imagining a copy of Yggdra all bedazzled with glitter and sequins.

I would have liked some Sting games this gen too. I had to get my unique take on combat mechanics from my vita gotg that everyone else hated.

Jimrpg

Well at least its a pretty short one, last we heard they submitted for QA to Sony, so it is very close. It's not a delay in development just a final QA / manufacturing delay I'm assuming. And surely if you can buy the game in August, you can probably buy it in September.

Ys 8
Danganronpa 3
Summon Night 6
Ys Origin
Mary Skelter
Undertale

Getting UMoT and possibly Ys 8. I still want to get Tokyo Xanadu, FFX/X2 and the Trails of Cold Steel games.

Which brings me to my next question - What games from the Vita library do you guys recommend for JRPGs and or Visual Novels on the system?

I currently have

JRPGs - Persona 4, Atelier Arland Trilogy, Atelier Escha and Logy and Shallie Plus, Oreshika, World of Final Fantasy

VNs - Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate 0, Danganronpa 1 and 2 (didn't like the first, haven't played the second), Root Letter, Virtue's Last Reward, Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception

You can list DRPGs too, but I have a few of them already and still haven't played them.

For VNs I'm thinking Hakuoki or Code Realize? Are these good? Code Realize seem to only be in stock in Play-asia and its expensive.

Saphirax

Well at least its a pretty short one, last we heard they submitted for QA to Sony, so it is very close. It's not a delay in development just a final QA / manufacturing delay I'm assuming. And surely if you can buy the game in August, you can probably buy it in September.

Getting UMoT and possibly Ys 8. I still want to get Tokyo Xanadu, FFX/X2 and the Trails of Cold Steel games.

Which brings me to my next question - What games from the Vita library do you guys recommend for JRPGs and or Visual Novels on the system?

I currently have

JRPGs - Persona 4, Atelier Arland Trilogy, Atelier Escha and Logy and Shallie Plus, Oreshika

VNs - Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate 0, Danganronpa 1 and 2 (didn't like the first, haven't played the second), Root Letter, Virtue's Last Reward, Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception

You can list DRPGs too, but I have a few of them already and still haven't played them.

For VNs I'm thinking Hakuoki or Code Realize? Are these good? Code Realize seem to only be in stock in Play-asia and its expensive.

Collar x Malice!

Can't go wrong with C:R. Hakuoki is only the first part of the game. The second one won't be out until next year. Unless you like cliffhangers, C:R would probably be a better investment.

Jimrpg

Collar x Malice!

Can't go wrong with C:R. Hakuoki is only the first part of the game. The second one won't be out until next year. Unless you like cliffhangers, C:R would probably be a better investment.

Yes Collar X Malice - wasn't interested before, but read the OT the other day and sounds interesting. Is C:R Guardian of Rebirth a standalone story - i saw a few other Code:Realize titles and hadn't heard of them before.

Saphirax

Yes Collar X Malice - wasn't interested before, but read the OT the other day and sounds interesting. Is C:R Guardian of Rebirth a standalone story - i saw a few other Code:Realize titles and hadn't heard of them before.

Pretty much. The other two C:R games, one which isn't even out yet, are fandiscs. They're basically short stories about characters you liked and you don't need to play them; Guardian of Rebirth is completely standalone.

Jimrpg

Play-Asia has 4 PSVita games for their weekly special this week.

Mortal Kombat
Persona 4 Golden
Final Fantasy X/X2 (X2 is a downloadable code)
Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend

http://www.play-asia.com/games

Steins;Gate 0 on Vita is also their daily special.

Would have bought Final Fantasy X/X2 immediately if it was their EU version. :(

Well, it looks like we're getting one final Gust game on Vita:

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/atelier-liddy-soeur-launches-ps4-switch-ps-vita-winter-japan

Atelier Liddy & Souer is for Vita (and Switch/PS4).

Whether we get this one in the west is anyone's guess. I suppose with a Switch version it's much less likely, but we've still gotten every Vita Atelier even after Koei-Tecmo started giving up on Gust games on the handheld in the west (i.e. after they skipped Nights of Azure).

However, there's a rumor that Koei-Tecmo are still working on an unannounced Vita game:

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/2583

Also, Digimon is December 14th in Japan:

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-launches-december-14-japan

And Persona 3/5 Dancing will have new story mode and new songs:

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/persona-3-persona-5-dancing-games-will-new-songs-story-mode-replacement

Oh and finally, a piece of bad news for me (at least). Luc Bernard is freaking out because PS Blog isn't covering Mecho Tales:

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/894682413439213568

I defended him for so long against so many people who pointed out he was just the same flake from the Eternity's Child days... but it seems I was wrong. Lol.

Ventara

I'm glad that Vita is getting Liddy and Souer to complete the Mysterious Painting trilogy on the Vita. Hard to believe Vita got 9 mainline Atelier games.

BTA

I completely forgot Utawarerumono was a thing. I probably won't get to those till like... next year, thinking practically about what other VNs (and games in general beyond that) that are out or will be out that I'm already planning on playing, but I'm excited to get to them when I do.

Top Bottom