• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming VITA Games & Apps Throughout 2013 Thread

Where did you see that? The latest news piece I can find says that the date was announced for the 26th of june, and that was from March 1st.

Not saying your wrong, just curious.

It doesn't have an official date yet. But I was talking to people at Sony for a piece on my site and they said it was being pushed to the fall to stagger releases and give it a bit more polish.

They didn't say this but I got the feeling they didn't realize that Gravity Rush was going to be a big deal so when the hype for it rose they took advantage of that to put LBP into the cooker a bit longer.

^that is conjecture, the first part is fact though.

Also... Amazon 12/31 (placeholder)

Gamestop 6/26

Best Buy 6/12

Target 9/25

Walmart 12/31

And there has been absolutely no media on it in forever. So even if you don't believe me, just look at the signs...

Kazerei

Banned
Thanks for putting this together, Bukana.

I'm definitely getting Persona 4: The Golden. Also keeping my eye on for Gravity Rush, Zero Escape, New Little King's Story, and Orgarhythm. Might even triple dip on MGS HD Collection if it turns out okay. Overall it's a decent release schedule that'll keep Vita owners happy. Really looking forward to E3, Sony better bring it.

This is depressing, there's basically nothing interesting aside from LBP, Gravity Rush and MGS. And even then, I'm only excited for MGS. I have the Jap VITA since January, did Uncharted, Virtua Tennis, played some Fifa, some Motorstorm and then totally lost interest in it. I was super hyped for Gravity Rush when it was supposed to be out in late February at the time, now I don't even give a sh it about it.

It's been gathering dust for a couple of months......

Massa

It doesn't have an official date yet. But I was talking to people at Sony for a piece on my site and they said it was being pushed to the fall to stagger releases and give it a bit more polish.

They didn't say this but I got the feeling they didn't realize that Gravity Rush was going to be a big deal so when the hype for it rose they took advantage of that to put LBP into the cooker a bit longer.

^that is conjecture, the first part is fact though.

Also... Amazon 12/31 (placeholder)

Gamestop 6/26

Best Buy 6/12

Target 9/25

Walmart 12/31

And there has been absolutely no media on it in forever. So even if you don't believe me, just look at the signs...

Know anything about Killzone? I'm hoping they're holding the PR for it until Resistance comes out, really want to play it this fall.

Definitely bookmarked this thread, lots of games that were under my radar that I'm making a note of now. I didn't realize the MGS HD collection was so soon, same with some other games as well. It looks like after Resistance Burning Skies we'll have a pretty steady schedule of games, through the end of the year. Also any word on that European localization on New Little King's Story? I want that game so bad, like bad enough that I'll even import it at ludicrous prices.

Koroviev

Definitely bookmarked this thread, lots of games that were under my radar that I'm making a note of now. I didn't realize the MGS HD collection was so soon, same with some other games as well. It looks like after Resistance Burning Skies we'll have a pretty steady schedule of games, through the end of the year. Also any word on that European localization on New Little King's Story? I want that game so bad, like bad enough that I'll even import it at ludicrous prices.

Unless they've done something about the horrendous lag, I would hold off on that import.

Know anything about Killzone? I'm hoping they're holding the PR for it until Resistance comes out, really want to play it this fall.

Trying to nail down a date on any of these games is tough. Or, atleast, it's tough for the level of people that talk to me and my little fan site. But from what i've heard KZ is going be shown at E3 and they are shooting for Fall/Winter but no date is ready to be set. I would be surprised if they didn't nail down a date to announce during E3 though... unless it's really just not even close to ready.

Also, as far as I know there isn't a God of War game in development. I know a lot of people assume there will be one because there's a PS3 one coming and there has been two pretty successful PSP ones... but no one has breathed a word of its existance to me (which in of itself isn't complete proof that it doesn't exist... just sharing what i know).

There's some stuff I can't talk about yet. Fall is going to be interesting. No home runs like Mario 3D Land or Mario Kart 8... but the lineup of first and third party software will be strong.

Edit: Also, Ragnarok was announced today for a summer release. No exact date given.

Massa

Trying to nail down a date on any of these games is tough. Or, atleast, it's tough for the level of people that talk to me and my little fan site. But from what i've heard KZ is going be shown at E3 and they are shooting for Fall/Winter but no date is ready to be set. I would be surprised if they didn't nail down a date to announce during E3 though... unless it's really just not even close to ready.

Also, as far as I know there isn't a God of War game in development. I know a lot of people assume there will be one because there's a PS3 one coming and there has been two pretty successful PSP ones... but no one has breathed a word of its existance to me (which in of itself isn't complete proof that it doesn't exist... just sharing what i know).

There's some stuff I can't talk about yet. Fall is going to be interesting. No home runs like Mario 3D Land or Mario Kart 8... but the lineup of first and third party software will be strong.

Edit: Also, Ragnarok was announced today for a summer release. No exact date given.

Alright, let's see what E3 brings!

AppleBlade

I love my Vita and this thread makes me happy. I was starting to get bummed about the future of the device, but there are quite a few games on here that I am looking forward to (more then I have time to play).

A couple of big announcements at E3 (as well as PS1 compatibility) and I am good.

ijed

Also any word on that European localization on New Little King's Story? I want that game so bad, like bad enough that I'll even import it at ludicrous prices.

Posted on the last page it's due out in June sometime

Unless they've done something about the horrendous lag, I would hold off on that import.

Must've been a while since I played the Wii version but I don't remember any major issues with lag and if there was it didn't stop me finishing the game.

Besides the control system has been totally redone for the Vita version (am also hoping touch controls won't be mandatory) and noticed on the gameplay vid the King has a sword and can actually do decent attacks now rather than a piddly little whack with his sceptre :)

Koroviev

Must've been a while since I played the Wii version but I don't remember any major issues with lag and if there was it didn't stop me finishing the game.

Besides the control system has been totally redone for the Vita version (am also hoping touch controls won't be mandatory) and noticed on the gameplay vid the King has a sword and can actually do decent attacks now rather than a piddly little whack with his sceptre :)

I'm only referring to the Vita version. Japanese players reported significant lag at launch. No clue if they can/did fix it.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I've been following the Vita hardcore, but even I didn't know about a lot of those games.

Between the titles in that list, and the PSP backlog library I'm looking into, I'll be pretty damn busy on my Vita in the coming months.

Such a fantastic system. I'm thinking of getting the 32gb card soon though. I have some Lockerz cred still, and I can get it for $80. Is it worth it? I don't need it asap, just trying to prepare for the diluge of dd only titles that I want. I'm pretty much going retail only, and DD only when that's the only way to get the game. Or would a $47 16gb card be sufficient?

Koroviev

I've been following the Vita hardcore, but even I didn't know about a lot of those games.

Between the titles in that list, and the PSP backlog library I'm looking into, I'll be pretty damn busy on my Vita in the coming months.

Such a fantastic system. I'm thinking of getting the 32gb card soon though. I have some Lockerz cred still, and I can get it for $80. Is it worth it? I don't need it asap, just trying to prepare for the diluge of dd only titles that I want. I'm pretty much going retail only, and DD only when that's the only way to get the game. Or would a $47 16gb card be sufficient?

I have the 16 GB card and it's holding up pretty well. All of my Vita games, excluding SSD, are retail. I also have a few PSP games, some video content and a handful of podcasts that I regularly swap out. Personally, I couldn't justify spending more than $50 on a memory card.

Marz

If you're going primarily retail then yea, 16GB card will last you a long time.

vall03

I would kill for Zero no Kiseki and Ys: Celceta to get localized in a "timely manner" which is pretty much impossible to happen right now. Im pretty much content for those two along with P4G and Gravity Rush. Will also get Virtues Last Reward after I complete the 3DS version just for the trophies.

I came here believing the "VITA has no games" threads ...and see that its all BS. Funny how I would not have considered getting a Vita before seeing this amazing OT, I stand educated. Sony should have put more of the Japanese Vita stuff in their conference.

The best game in the next 2 years will be the new Legend of Heroes anyway; hopefully it's enough to give the system a boost among neglected RPG fans.

theBishop

Banned
I came here believing the "VITA has no games" threads ...and see that its all BS. Funny how I would not have considered getting a Vita before seeing this amazing OT, I stand educated. Sony should have put more of the Japanese Vita stuff in their conference.

The best game in the next 2 years will be the new Legend of Heroes anyway; hopefully it's enough to give the system a boost among neglected RPG fans.

I don't think Vita has no games. It has plenty of games through Q3 at least. The trouble is Vita is seriously lacking big tent-pole games 6 months from now. There's nothing announced that will top Uncharted in terms of overall budget/effort. I'm pretty excited for Assassin's Creed, but we already knew it and only saw glimpses of gameplay.

Nice OP.

@ Dear Sony: please release the classics HD on PSVita. Wel at least: GoW collection, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, ICO and SOTC. Thank me later.

Takao

Banned
Nice OP.

@ Dear Sony: please release the classics HD on PSVita. Wel at least: GoW collection, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, ICO and SOTC. Thank me later.

GoW and the Team Ico Collection will actually be playable on Vita via remote play very soon. They'll run at a higher picture quality, and have less lag than the remote play currently featured on the device.

GoW and the Team Ico Collection will actually be playable on Vita via remote play very soon. They'll run at a higher picture quality, and have less lag than the remote play currently featured on the device.

Excellent. I had not heard that.

I hope Jak and Daxter get added to that. Im loving those games on the ps3 currently.

Shahed

How would they fix that? Do you think it would need a firmware update on both PS3 and Vita?

Takao

Banned
How would they fix that? Do you think it would need a firmware update on both PS3 and Vita?

Most likely both. The current remote play situation on Vita is basically just the PSP Remote Play. It does not take advantage of the unit's better WiFi speed compatibility, or the resolution.

Shahed

Most likely both. The current remote play situation on Vita is basically just the PSP Remote Play. It does not take advantage of the unit's better WiFi speed compatibility, or the resolution.

Well that makes sense then. Is that why people running CFW PS3's can get more games running via Remote Play compared to what's officially supported?

Verelios

This...this can't be possible. I see about 14 titles that I want, 8 of which I will definitely get.

This cant...is this real life!? SONY!!!! Wallet is crying!!!

androvsky

Well that makes sense then. Is that why people running CFW PS3's can get more games running via Remote Play compared to what's officially supported?

Not exactly. The CFW remote play still uses the existing Remote Play (for phones, so dual-analog works). All they're doing is changing the config file for each game so it says it supports Remote Play, and apparently it usually works. iirc, some games are pretty glitchy, so it's a little understandable why it's not support more.

Top Bottom