• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Update: Confirmed for PS3/PC] Rumor - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Releasing on PC

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Only ever played the demo of this, and did not like it. Sure, it looked nice and all, with some cool environments, but I just couldn't stand the super-automated platforming. Like, it made the Uncharted games look like free-form platforming wonders.

SRTtoZ

Its just very odd for a game that dropped to $10 soon after its release. I mean, ill probably pick it up during a Steam sale but this is so weird.

Grief.exe

Its just very odd for a game that dropped to $10 soon after its release. I mean, ill probably pick it up during a Steam sale but this is so weird.

Namco is looking to generate revenue on this property over the next decade. $2.50-$5.00 a pop is a good amount of money.

Derrick01

Banned
You didn't like spending 10 hours pointing your flashlight at dudes?

At the same 2-4 types of dudes that is. Yeah it was pretty damn tedious and not tense at all, especially since it was so easy to hoard supplies. The story parts, which was clearly the main focus of the game, was terribly written and it had some of the worst voice acting, lip syncing and faces in a cinematic game even for that time period (Heavenly Sword for example did all that stuff waaaay better and it came out even earlier in the generation than Alan Wake).

dEvAnGeL

alan wake is a great game but lacks good presentation, i will even say is lackluster, the lip sync on that game is just the worst i have seen on a game, there's even ps2 games that are much, much better

I quit that game immediately after he failed to run maybe 10 yards before the sprint stopped and he was out of breath.

Yeah, none of that, pls

This is good news, never got a chance to play it on consoles and the visual style alone is almost enough to sell me on it, that game looks gorgeous. If it's cheap enough I'll pick it up straight away.

Edit: Also talking about Alan wake eh? I was just really burnt out on that game half way through, the gameplay was just way too monotonous to keep going. The story was fun in pulpy way, but yeah wow that gameplay was a slog.

Wasn't a fan of this game, but I'll get it anyway for the PC to support the recent trend of publishers daring to put more of their games on Steam.

Even though they've got pretty much nothing to lose at this point, considering the age of this particular one.

Grief.exe

Wasn't a fan of this game, but I'll get it anyway for the PC to support the recent trend of publishers daring to put more of their games on Steam.

Even though they've got pretty much nothing to lose at this point, considering the age of this particular one.

I'm willing to pick it up and support the effort at the very least.

I don't mind trying flawed games for what they are.

hlhbk

At the same 2-4 types of dudes that is. Yeah it was pretty damn tedious and not tense at all, especially since it was so easy to hoard supplies. The story parts, which was clearly the main focus of the game, was terribly written and it had some of the worst voice acting, lip syncing and faces in a cinematic game even for that time period (Heavenly Sword for example did all that stuff waaaay better and it came out even earlier in the generation than Alan Wake).

I couldn't disagree with your more. Alan's Wake story was amazing and the voice acting with superb. The gameplay just got in the way of the story is the games problem.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
This is weird, Enslaved is a very bad game so I doubt many people requested namco to do this port, I guess they have a sequel because there is no way Namco will want to revive for no reasons.

Grief.exe

This is weird, Enslaved is a very bad game so I doubt many people requested namco to do this port, I guess they have a sequel because there is no way Namco will want to revive for no reasons.

Its in an Alan Wake situation where even if the PC version does tremendously, its just too late to greenlight a sequel.

Namco just wants to generate the largest amount of income it can from the property. A PC port done correctly, and cheaply, can do just that.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Its in an Alan Wake situation where even if the PC version does tremendously, its just too late to greenlight a sequel.

Namco just wants to generate the largest amount of income it can from the property. A PC port done correctly, and cheaply, can do just that.

If they just want money with cheap port that will require good pricing for the late PC port, and I doubt that Namco will do this, earlier this year Ace Combat Assault Horizon was $30 on Steam when it got released.

ArjanN

I like how it's always the exact same 4-5 bitter posters in every thread that feel the desperate need to let everyone know every game sucks.

I think at this point most everyone knows what type of game Enslaved is. It's a game in the same vein as Uncharted: the gameplay mechanics are not it's main focus, so those are are just average and are mostly in service of the story / presentation / characters etc..

If that's not what you look for in a game that's fine, but that doesn't actually make it a bad game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If they just want money with cheap port that will require good pricing for the late PC port, and I doubt that Namco will do this, earlier this year Ace Combat Assault Horizon was $30 on Steam when it got released.

Mortal Kombat was 2 years late and started at 30$ and it sold quite well apparently.

Grief.exe

PC ports tend to play the long game since games on the platform are still generating revenue literally decades after they are released.

Even if it is released at $25-$30, I feel $20 is the fair price, then just wait until the sale prices come down enough to overcome your personal barrier to entry.

Crub

I would say it is because they want to avoid a retail release, since those tend to cost more money, but the PS3 version would be an easy counter-argument to that point.
Have they actually implied that the game is getting a physical release on PS3? I think the reason why there will be a PS3 version but no 360 version is because the game is alrealdy available digitally through GoD. As far as I know it was never released on PSN (correct me if I'm wrong).

Re-releasing it together with a PC release makes sense marketing-wise. Probably requires a minimal amount of effort.

Grief.exe

Have they actually implied that the game is getting a physical release on PS3? I think the reason why there will be a PS3 version but no 360 version is because the game is alrealdy available digitally through GoD. As far as I know it was never released on PSN (correct me if I'm wrong).

Re-releasing it together with a PC release makes sense marketing-wise. Probably requires a minimal amount of effort.

This could certainly be the case, there really hasn't been too much information on this. I just assumed a retail release, but it could very well be digital-only.

If it was digital-only, why no 360 version? Certainly the opportunity cost would be low.

dEvAnGeL

so, is this gonna have a ghost re release or what? the only confirmation we have is that polygon update but that's about it

Grief.exe

so, is this gonna have a ghost re release or what? the only confirmation we have is that polygon update but that's about it

Without this leak, really no one would know this game exists at this point.

Namco will probably have an official press release closer to the ship date.

hlhbk

Without this leak, really no one would know this game exists at this point.

Namco will probably have an official press release closer to the ship date.

We only got 3 more weeks left in the month. Here is to hoping it comes out this week!

Will they fix the framerate on the ps3 re-release?
Literally only one of two games I've ever stopped playing because of the framerate. It actually crawls to a stop at some points during combat.
the other game is the latest Silent Hill for PS3/360

Why not go PS4 and PC instead of doing whatever they can to push the PS3 to it's limits for a re-release? They could say they're the first game to be ported from PS3 to PS4. Anyway, it should look glorious on PC hardware.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i wonder if there is a next gen release and maybe explain why this is happening all of a sudden ?

The 360 version is so much better than the PS3 version. I compared them maybe a year ago and the difference in framerate and graphical quality is pretty amazing.
Hmm. I picked up a PS3 copy at a GameStop sale for $5 recently. Hope it's worth at least that much.

Sephzilla

A game that bombed is getting a PC port 3 years after it came out on consoles.

Yeah, congrats to the twelve people who will buy this.

Malajax

A game that bombed is getting a PC port 3 years after it came out on consoles.

Yeah, congrats to the twelve people who will buy this.

This posts sounds salty. There is always a market for niche stuff on PC.

And let's not forget the long tail when present on steam. Its practically free money for Namco Bandai. The game wasn't entirely terrible, so they'll likely be some interest, especially during a sale. Bought it for $12 used a couple of years back. For $10 I might do it again if the port is worth buying.

Top Bottom