• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upstate NY GAF: Best way to get to your area from the Jersey Shore

Doug Stanhope is going to be performing at local comedy clubs up in your area and I am looking to get up that way.

http://www.dougstanhope.com/tour-dates/

He's the last comedian on my bucket list as I've seen George Carlin, Bill Burr, Jim Jefferies, Bill Maher, Louis C.K., and a few others I can't think of at the moment. I can't see Bill Hicks because he died when I was 7. The closest place Doug was before these dates was in Boston but I couldn't go that night.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ron Mexico

West Nyack is a short shot up the Garden State Parkway. Albany would just be following the GSP until it becomes the NY Thruway. The rest would be significantly longer from Jersey. I live closer to Philly but my fiancee's family is from near the Canadian border so we've made the trip plenty.

Oh wow that's great. Any idea what exit or does it merge? I never traveled up to NY besides going in a bus to the city.

Thanks much.

I've been wondering this for years -- where does "upstate" begin? Is it basically everything north of NYC? Because when I look at a map I'd figure it is anything north of the New York State Thruway. Or perhaps north of a line between Albany and Binghamton.

newjeruse

I've been wondering this for years -- where does "upstate" begin? Is it basically everything north of NYC? Because when I look at a map I'd figure it is anything north of the New York State Thruway. Or perhaps north of a line between Albany and Binghamton.
Anything north of Yonkers.

ryan299

Depends on the area. My area considers anything north of the city to be upstate, but people way up north think it's anything above Binghamton.

Depends on the area. My area considers anything north of the city to be upstate, but people way up north think it's anything above Binghamton.

yup this.

anyone down by NYC thinks its anything north of NYC and anyone in central NY thinks its anything near canada. lol.

rjc571

Banned
When I traveled from Binghamton to my Aunt's house in north Jersey I took 81 to Scranton and then 80 into Jersey via the Delaware Water Gap, same way in reverse going back, it might depend how far south you're coming from tho

Top Bottom