• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US - 2019 total hardware number for PS4, XB1, and Switch.

These games are just a bonus alongside with TLOU 2, Dreams, FF7R, Ghost Of Tsushima etc. which will be a real GOTY contenders, not FIFA or COD.
EOcffsWW4AAl4Vb

EOcgoxbWAAIl-Wd

screenshot2020-01-03a69kf0.png

Sales > GOTY 🤭

DanielsM

Banned
How much do you think PS4 will end up in 2020 YTD?

I would hate to give something this early, idk, I would love to look at data for another 4-6 weeks, but say 10-13m. Wildcards, The Last of Us 2 and GoT and price cut... they're still selling these at $250-300 with bundles, that's crazy in year 7, imo.

I would hate to give something this early, idk, I would love to look at data for another 4-6 weeks, but say 10-13m. Wildcards, The Last of Us 2 and GoT and price cut... they're still selling these at $250-300 with bundles, that's crazy in year 7, imo.
PS4+3 free games(GOW, HZD, TLOU) at $249 promotion for 2 weeks unable to move past 700k sales in December despite the stock being available for a whole month.

New games releasing in the same year as the new generation consoles not going to do much in driving the hardware sales. PS3 and XBOX 360 already shown us that.

PS4+3 free games(GOW, HZD, TLOU) at $249 promotion for 2 weeks unable to move past 700k sales in December despite the stock being available for a whole month.

New games releasing in the same year as the new generation consoles not going to do much in driving the hardware sales. PS3 and XBOX 360 already shown us that.

Yeah, but in November this bundle did great. Almost 2 million during Holiday in US, so late in the gen at 200-250$. That's huge amount of profit. So, what's the problem?

demigod

Yet Xbox One S at $149 with a game and Xbox One X at $249 can't even pass the 800k mark.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
UK is almost 50/50 with PS4 and XBO.

It's mainland Europe and Asia that hold these creepy brand allegiances where one brand dominates all.

You mean literally every country on Planet Earth not named America and United Kingdom?

Yeah, but in November this bundle did great. Almost 2 million during Holiday in US, so late in the gen at 200-250$. That's huge amount of profit. So, what's the problem?
Since when the statement is about profit?
We were discussing about the decline of hardware sales that couldn't be offset simply by $249 promotion as shown in December last year.

I don't know why you were offended by that statement lol.

DanielsM

Banned

The Ps3 moved 8.46M units in 2013, like I said your number is not crazy but probably on the lower end of the range, imo. Wildcards are two big games and plenty of room to cut prices. Depends on if Sony wants volume or margin.

The Ps3 best year doesn't match the Ps4 worst year in global sales. There is a wide gap in number.

Last edited:

demigod

Didn't you say PS4 will do better in this year vs last year because of TLOU2, FF7R, GOT, CP77 and etc?

Yep, with all those good games coming out I can see a possibility of it doing better than 2019. At the least it’ll do 12mil.

Since when the statement is about profit?
We were discussing about the decline of hardware sales that couldn't be offset simply by $249 promotion as shown in December last year.

I don't know why you were offended by that statement lol.

And why aren’t you talking about the xbox sales decline which has an even bigger price drop than the ps4? Oh right it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Top Bottom