• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US House votes to adopt AHCA (Republican health care); bill moves to Senate

Nothing shady in not releasing it before a vote. Looks like the house just wants to say "see we passed something, its the senate's fault!"

Kevinroc

For all that is good and holy, this bill needs to fail.

I don't know what good calling my Rep. will do. My liberal Democratic representative isn't voting for this piece of crap bill.

Jeffrey

So if they somehow get the votes. Senate will completely rewrite it and when it goes back the cycle will continue?

And somehow everyone that voted yes or no, will be hated?

Who wins from all of this lol.

Maxim726X

I don't know what good calling my Rep. will do. My liberal Democratic representative isn't voting for this piece of crap bill.

Call.

They are emboldened to fight partly because of the outpouring of support they've been getting.

I was talking about researching Trump, not congress. Nice try though.

Cruz is not your House rep...

That was his point.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
.....I'm forgetting the exact date, but reconciliation is over, yes?

Because if it's not over that, this dies on the senate floor, and while that may temporarily bolster GOP voters in the 'Dems are holding back progress' optics, that's not gonna last for long, as soon as the CBO report hits.

Unless McKonnell goes super-nuclear, but I don't think I see him doing that just yet.

shem935

Banned
Make. Their. Phones. Ring. Off. The. Hook. Your healthcare or your neighbors healthcare is on the line. The capitol needs to be lit.

Oddish1

Welp my Rep isn't taking any calls and her voice mail is full so I guess there's not much I can do. She's die hard ACA repeal though so I doubt any number of calls is going to change her mind anyway.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
What happens to pre existing condition people like me? (if it passes)

You're going to be placed in a high risk pool and any insurance you can get (bearing in mind companies will have the right to not insure you) will be crazy expensive.

So you want Trump voters to die to teach them a lesson?

PHfkhjB.jpg

It depends on what State you live in, if I understand correctly.

People in Deep Red states with pre-existing conditions will have a greater chance of being fucked.

Yes I am in Utah and have type 1 diabetes considering the bullshit they pulled with Medicaid expansion in Utah I'm SO fucked.

I've been calling, writing emails and comments on my rep's website. She always gives shitty canned responses each time. Fuck Mimi Walters.

I'll be doing the same thing for this as well.

If this still passes, then fuck the Trump supporters. I do actually hope that if they are left uncovered due to their vote, that they die. They wanted this, so please by all means, take it. It sucks bad for people who didn't support this.

Trey

What happens to pre existing condition people like me? (if it passes)

If by some cosmic joke it passes both houses and is signed into law by President Trump, there will be a time period where nothing changes as health insurance companies will base their policies around the incoming law changes. Your current health insurance provider will hopefully give you their version of good faith options - maybe even grandfather you in if you're really lucky.

If you don't have health insurance currently, you'll probably be greeted with super shitty healthcare options that don't cover what you need it to, given that any better insurance will undoubtedly not want to take you because you'll actually use said insurance.

No one really knows for sure because we aren't exactly sure what is actually in the law yet beyond the big ticket items.

McBryBry

Called Bost's office today, plan on having my girlfriend do it as well considering this bill will truly fuck her.

Zolo

I don't see why people who would be worried about a CBO would want to change to a 'yes'. Voting 'yes' now won't stop any more blowback than it would if it was already released.

lol. Ready to die on this hill again. Okay. I'll call Graves again but last I checked he's been "on the fence" or "still reviewing" the details or my personal favorite just hasn't given an answer.

*shrug* He's a piece of shit so I'm pretty sure he is voting yes anyway.

Call them and ask for them to try to convince other representatives from your state that they should vote "no."

Diablos

You're going to be placed in a high risk pool and any insurance you can get (bearing in mind companies will have the right to not insure you) will be crazy expensive.
So the AHCA encourages companies to not insure people with pre existing conditions?

lol. Ready to die on this hill again. Okay. I'll call Graves again but last I checked he's been "on the fence" or "still reviewing" the details or my personal favorite just hasn't given an answer.

*shrug* He's a piece of shit so I'm pretty sure he is voting yes anyway.

Oh shoot, I live in the same district as that guy. I need to go call him right away, I forgot that he was apparently undecided about the vote.

Top Bottom