• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US House votes to adopt AHCA (Republican health care); bill moves to Senate

How fucking DARE any member of the gov vote to subjected the American public to something they would exempt themselves from.

Useless mother fuckers.

IrishNinja

yeah, i don't see the turtle actually killing the fillibuster, much less over shit like this

Nothing shady in not releasing it before a vote. Looks like the house just wants to say "see we passed something, its the senate's fault!"

that's pretty plainly what this is: ryan & trump need a win pretty bad & clearly don't care how

Weber from Florida has switched to a yes vote. This is likely going to pass the House.

fucking dammit - which district is he? illeana is a no, thought i read curbelo was currently a no now too

My rep is Ted Lieu. One of the most outspoken critics of Trump and the GOP and their agenda.

you're so lucky, that dude's awesome

Laekon

My Rep, Steve Knight, who has received healthcare from the government for basically his whole life, won't state which why he is going to vote. For someone who talks tough on defense and was a cop and soldier, he doesn't seem to have any balls.

My rep is Ted Lieu. One of the most outspoken critics of Trump and the GOP and their agenda.

He's awesome.

I hate living in Southern California but having a fucking idiot Republican representative. It's the downside of living in a city where it's primarily populated by white, retired people.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, interesting.

So is this all political theater, or will Spineless Mitch actually kill the filibuster?

He'll basically replace 90% of the bill with basically new bill that could get through reconciliation.

I guess they wanted to have the bill to start in the house to fulfil the requirement that all budget bills must start in the house. I know there's weird workarounds where some have started in the senate, such as the much complained about obamacare funding reconciliation, but I don't really know what makes this different. Maybe all that complaining about origination is one flip flop they don't think they can get away with for the base.

I can't really say for sure, but nothing else makes sense.

Swass

My representative is a D, so I just called to thank them for opposing this garbage. Thanks for the 5 Calls link.. I'll be using that site quite a bit the next 4 years.

antonz

yeah, i don't see the turtle actually killing the fillibuster, much less over shit like this

that's pretty plainly what this is: ryan & trump need a win pretty bad & clearly don't care how

fucking dammit - which district is he? illeana is a no, thought i read curbelo was currently a no now too

you're so lucky, that dude's awesome

Webster is 11th district

Since I posted the thread, the number of "No" Repubs has gone down from 19 to 18. This is the idea behind pushing the vote to tomorrow. They seem to have momentum.

What exactly should I say if I were to contact my state rep? He is a Republican and seemingly supports Healthcare reform so I don't know what good it will do but it certainly won't hurt!

Tell him you support healthcare reform but this isn't the right bill because it hurts too many people.

Next week's recess is going to be insane. They're going to have to call in the army or something. If people protested and argued with their reps last time just for proposing the bill, actually voting on it is going to bring out the real fury.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Good, go to a vote - exactly the kind of ammunition Dems need, one way or another.

This is going to strip health care away from 24 million people. This isn't a political game here. This isn't a "win" for the Democrats and the midterms next year when this passes. People are going to suffer and it'll be a long time before they can attempt anything like the ACA again.

wVsEOIc.jpg

We shouldn't kid ourselves.

When you show up to town halls, when you call your representatives, you have to ask them "how many people have to die before you're satisfied?"

Because this will kill people.

I made a few phone calls - both times their messages were full and I was unable to leave a message. Pretty infuriating and a helpless feeling.

Like, this is the most chickenshit thing I can maybe ever remember in politics? Won't subject themselves to it, voting on a whim with no CBO score and that is massively unpopular.

Just sucks.

Does it get re-scored when if hits the senate and they make changes?

Because the CBO score helped kill it last time since it made the headlines awful. But it sort of faded away and people are so laser focused on pre-existing conditions stuff, nobody is really covering how this basically destroys medicare, explodes rates on the elderly and kicks 25 million people off their insurance.

Next week's recess is going to be insane. They're going to have to call in the army or something. If people protested and argued with their reps last time just for proposing the bill, actually voting on it is going to bring out the real fury.

I wouldn't be surprised if a representative catches a bullet. It would be blood for blood at that point, so they should be prepared to risk their lives should they vote yes.

Kurdel

Banned
Desperate for a W for their party they are ready to sell the country up the river.

"No one knew we could fuck up healthcare this badly."

This is such a walking the tightrope move though
Freedom Caucus could bounce
Moderates could bounce

Edit shut up Bruce you goon

I wouldn't be surprised if a representative catches a bullet. It would be blood for blood at that point, so I hope they're prepared to risk their lives to line the pockets of the wealthy.

They're making already exploited and powerless people feel even more exploited and powerless, it's only a matter of time before someone goes John Q on some place. It's a recipe for disaster. People can only take so much before they snap. If you have nothing, you have nothing to lose.

TaterTots

Banned
I read on CNN earlier some flip flopped after meeting Trump earlier. Either way, I'm sure some judge will shut it down. We really do need a fix for healthcare, but the GOP are not in the spot to do so.

I read on CNN earlier some flip flopped after meeting Trump earlier. Either way, I'm sure some judge will shut it down. We really do need a fix for healthcare, but the GOP are not in the spot to do so.

There's nothing here for a judge to throw out. It's not against the Constitution to kick millions off healthcare.

60 tries? I'm talking about the bill officially failing to get a vote

last I checked, that hasn't happened once

They've introduced repealing ACA formally over 50 times at least actually. But yes here is finally the closest. With the added bonus of fucking over many more people.

Sure it may pass the House. Hope the many citizens who supported the GOP (and those that don't) have a backup plan for their healthcare, though.

RPGCrazied

What really makes me angry, is the people voting yes on this, this bill doesn't even effect them. They made sure they are exempt from this. Which is really disgusting.

Top Bottom