• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PS Store 10th Anniversary Sale Week 1- Bloodborne, Old Hunters, PS2 Classics

Rymuth

Really glad Siren (PS4) went on sale. I was mad that I I missed the discount when it was first released.

How's Okage?

Jaykay

Just bought The Old Hunters three weeks ago, but I have no regrets paying full price as it was fantastic. Definitely recommend that if you have Bloodborne.

I have been waiting for an Old Hunters sale...but I'm also pretty burnt on the franchise (not asking for a Souls/Borne discussion here) and have plenty of games to play anyway.

Hmm...

Is Wild Arms 3 still super broken? I heard there was some sort of crash whenever you try to use spells, which seems...dire.

Ape Escape 2 is still super good and looks gorgeous on PS4, but be warned - it's SCEU's dub, not Ubisoft's. So don't go in expecting to hear Ash and Misty bicker at each other like I did :(

i dont think they updated WA3 still :(

yeah it would crash at certain boss/random battles and when certain spells are used (either your party or enemy)

real shame

Ogawa-san

I'd impulse buy a bunch of those PS1 classics if I could play them on a device that isn't currently somewhere in my closet and/or covered in dust.

Holy shit I bought Bloodborne digitally a day ago! LOL
I got a refund for a digital purchase on PSN once, the price changed a couple days after I bought it and I figured opening a ticket wouldn't hurt. It could be an one-time courtesy thing, though.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Oh? It got ported? Does anyone know how's the input lag on Metal Slug Anthology for PS4? IIRC the PSP version was the best version in that regard.

Time to finally pick up Bloodborne.

Question about Old Hunters. Do I need to have beaten or got up to a certain point in the game in order to play it? Probably a stupid question but I figured I might as well ask.

I'm thinking about buying Old Hunters as I loved Bloodborne, but question about the DLC... does it require being in a certain part of the game to access? I beat the game a while ago, got to NG+, but never played through it again. How far would I need to play to get access to the new areas and stuff?

Question about Old Hunters. Do I need to have beaten or got up to a certain point in the game in order to play it? Probably a stupid question but I figured I might as well ask.

lol, same question as me basically.

Yeah, I think it unlocks about halfway through the game I wanna say? Or its at least in the first half.

Ah proper answer below.

Get it even if you've already beaten the game. It's fucking A+

Hindl

Yes, it's pretty early though. You need to beat
Vicar Amelia so the game switches to night

joe2187

Banned
Vita Deals worth buying:

Dino Crisis $1.97
Parasite Eve $1.97
Xcom Enemy Uknown $4.99
Grandia $1.97
The Misadventures of Tronne Bonne $1.97

Cool, that seems to be relatively early on. Thanks for the tip! I'll keep that in mind.
Keep in mind, just because it's available then doesn't mean your character is levelled enough

I had my original save in NG+, I rushed through and beat the bosses to get to the DLC when it came out and was like level 75, my character did a useless amount of damage on enemies in the first area. I think the recommended level for NG+ Old Hunters is like.....120 or something (recommended for NG is like 70 haha). As its Souls you can of course beat it but enemies took FOREVER and basically one or two shotted me

I've never grinded in BB or Souls but I spent that night farming like 25 levels. Was pretty miserable and ended up burning myself out halfway through the DLC. That first boss was my favorite in all of Bloodborne though, incredible fight and music

Kill3r7

I'm thinking about buying Old Hunters as I loved Bloodborne, but question about the DLC... does it require being in a certain part of the game to access? I beat the game a while ago, got to NG+, but never played through it again. How far would I need to play to get access to the new areas and stuff?

lol, same question as me basically.

You need to beat the first 3 bosses. See instructions below.

[*]
Kill the boss of the Cathedral Ward. Examine the altar in the back room and change the in-game time to night.

[*]Go to the Hunter’s Dream and get the Eye of the Blood-drunk Hunter from a messenger.

[*]Next, go to the Oeden Chapel and leave via the left-hand exit. You will enter the square from here.

[*]Now go to the right-hand end of the square to trigger an event. This event will now take you to a new area: the Hunter’s Nightmare.

[*]Lighting the lamp in the area will let you travelto and from this area via the Awakening Headstone in the Hunter’s Dream.

Fair warning, the DLC is a challenge on NG+ depending on your level and build.

Keep in mind, just because it's available then doesn't mean your character is levelled enough

I had my original save in NG+, I rushed through and beat the bosses to get to the DLC when it came out and was like level 75, my character did a useless amount of damage on enemies in the first area. I think the recommended level for NG+ Old Hunters is like.....120 or something (recommended for NG is like 70 haha)

I've never grinded in BB or Souls but I spent that night farming like 25 levels. Was pretty miserable and ended up burning myself out halfway through the DLC. That first boss was my favorite in all of Bloodborne though, incredible fight and music

Hmm, not sure if I like how this sounds. I definitely wouldn't want to grind levels if I feel like I'm not doing enough damage in NG+ Bloodborne. As much as I liked the base game, I wouldn't really want to start over from scratch either just to play the DLC. How long is it anyway? Like if you take time exploring slowly.

You need to beat the first 3 bosses. See instructions below.
  1. Kill the boss of the Cathedral Ward. Examine the altar in the back room and change the in-game time to night.
    [*]Go to the Hunter’s Dream and get the Eye of the Blood-drunk Hunter from a messenger.
    [*]Next, go to the Oeden Chapel and leave via the left-hand exit. You will enter the square from here.
    [*]Now go to the right-hand end of the square to trigger an event. This event will now take you to a new area: the Hunter’s Nightmare.
    [*]Lighting the lamp in the area will let you travelto and from this area via the Awakening Headstone in the Hunter’s Dream.

Thanks for this!

Pennywise

Yup.
I essentially played until the end, because I had to get used to the game again and it was good practice.

Got beaten pretty hard when I tried it right after Vicar and bailed out and decided to level up a bit.

bender

What time is it?
Last week had Until Dawn on sale and this week we get Rocket League and Bloodborne. Those are my favorite three games for the PS4. Can't wait to see what next week brings and the following will be Black Friday/Flash sales. My poor wallet.

I know it just released on the PS4 but I wish the discount on Red Dead Revolver was a little more aggressive. I have fond memories of playing that game but wonder if it holds up. I went back to when Red Dead Redemption was announced but the Xbox 360 emulation for the game was busted. Decisions, decisions.

Interested in Siren (frustratingly hard?), Metal Slug Anthology (didn't the PS2 port have weird loading times or was that PSP?), and Ape Escape 2.

IvanJ

Banned
Thinking about buying Siren and Primal at those prices, but I just know that I'll never get around to playing them. Just like Manhunt, Max Payne and Bully...
Well, at least they don't take up much space on the HDD.
$10 is nothing, but it seems that there will be a week 2 of this deal, then a Flash sale before Thanksgiving, then all the Christmas deals...
Too many deals, too little time to play all the games.

Hmm, not sure if I like how this sounds. I definitely wouldn't want to grind levels if I feel like I'm not doing enough damage in NG+ Bloodborne. As much as I liked the base game, I wouldn't really want to start over from scratch either just to play the DLC. How long is it anyway? Like if you take time exploring slowly.
If you take your time it is a pretty lengthy experience. I never even got to the "second half" with the last location. Even just playing half and dropping it at the boss M
aria
I felt like I got my money's worth. People love the DLC, I can't say I was enjoying it as much as the main game but it's more BB and as I said, the first boss is incredible. Exactly what I look for out of these games and it even has a forgiving lantern beforehand with a replenishing source for blood vials. Good Guy From

I had my original save in NG+, I rushed through and beat the bosses to get to the DLC when it came out and was like level 75, my character did a useless amount of damage on enemies in the first area. I think the recommended level for NG+ Old Hunters is like.....120 or something (recommended for NG is like 70 haha). As its Souls you can of course beat it but enemies took FOREVER and basically one or two shotted me

Hmm, interesting. Yeah, to be honest I've actually barely touched the game, so I might hold off on getting the DLC at the moment if it's ever cheaper at another point, but yeah, I really appreciate all the tips. It sounds pretty dang good and I'm interested in checking it out. Honestly I was thinking I'd be fine if the DLC was all I played, haha.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Has heavy rain on ps4 been on sale by itself ever?
I got beyond on ps4 on sale awhile ago and it seems pretty dumb for me to buy beyond again and yet I kind want to just to get heavy rain.
Damn you Sony.

Steiner

Banned
Everybody's freaking out about The Old Hunters. Meanwhile, I'm over here freaking out because I'm finally about to play SotN and Chrono Trigger for the first time. Hope they're worth it on the Vita.

Everybody's freaking out about The Old Hunters. Meanwhile, I'm over here freaking out because I'm finally about to play SotN and Chrono Trigger for the first time. Hope they're worth it on the Vita.
I believe you can set disk load speed in CT to fast and it makes load times a bit more tolerable. Still not great but it's one of the few games where disk load speed option setting comes in handy.

Top Bottom