• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PS Store 10th Anniversary Sale Week 1- Bloodborne, Old Hunters, PS2 Classics

Xeroblade

Everybody's freaking out about The Old Hunters. Meanwhile, I'm over here freaking out because I'm finally about to play SotN and Chrono Trigger for the first time. Hope they're worth it on the Vita.

I thought the ps1 version of Chrono Trigger was not the version to play because of the long load times? Shouldnt be present in a digital version right?

Parshias7

Sure would be nice to be able to buy The Old Hunters. If only Sony could make an online store that wasn't complete dogshit.

Everybody's freaking out about The Old Hunters. Meanwhile, I'm over here freaking out because I'm finally about to play SotN and Chrono Trigger for the first time. Hope they're worth it on the Vita.

I really recommend the SNES version of Chrono Trigger (on Wii Virtual Console) if at all possible. It's pretty cheap ($8) and the lack of constant loading times make it superior from a QOL perspective.

Symphony of the Night is good on Vita though. No technical issues there.

I thought the ps1 version of Chrono Trigger was not the version to play because of the long load times? Shouldnt be present in a digital version right?

The loading times in Square's SNES ports (FFV, FFVI, and Chrono Trigger) are still present in the digital PSN versions.

bender

What time is it?

Now I'm jealous. You are in for two delicious treats. Have fun!

Linkark07

Banned
The wait was worth it, now to finish Bloodborne. Stopped it after learning how hard those damn bosses are in NG+.

If it is any indication like FFVI on the Vita, it has the same issue of long load times. It is always preferred to get the DS or SNES version over the PS1 version.

Edit: considering getting Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls but that might be later.

Yawnier

Banned
Decent deal on a few of those PS1 JRPGs.

Also I had no idea that Grandia 3 released this summer as a PS2 classic. Must have missed that.

Which is the best PS2 RPG on PS4 if I've never played any of them?

I hope we get our $15 from spending $100 in October before the sale ends next week!

I'm jealous. SOTN is amazing. CT on Vita is good too, just loading time issues.. but other than that it is fantastic. Don't forget to disable the smoothing when first launching the games.

TheMan

Been waiting for a bloodborne sale, but we're buying a house and my wife is going to be pissed if I waste money on games.

Owzers

Are there enough people playing bloodborne early and dlc to carry me through bosses? I almost quit the game trying to beat the second boss alone, took over 20 tries. After that I was fine because I could easily team up.

Steiner

Banned
Hmm... I didn't buy Chrono Trigger yet and now, based on your responses, I'm thinking I may wait. I have a 3DS and I heard that the DS version is really nice because of the audio? Not sure what that means. Maybe I can play it on my Wii U instead? I do want to experience this the right way.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
After looking around the web and asking a friend who bought the game just know that this is a straight PS2 port with Trophy Support. The Input Lag of the PS2 version still persists and it wasn't fix.

So buy it at your own risk people but the PSP version still remains the best version because is has no Input Lag (PS2/PS4 version do) and it has the Hit Flash animation (Which the Wii version lacks).

Just buy the PSP version and play it on your PS Vita if you can.

Hmm... I didn't buy Chrono Trigger yet and now, based on your responses, I'm thinking I may wait. I have a 3DS and I heard that the DS version is really nice because of the audio? Not sure what that means. Maybe I can play it on my Wii U instead? I do want to experience this the right way.

It's a great game and totally worth playing. I think it's just because for me, the fact that it's such a good game is why I think it's good to get a strong experience. I get that obviously it's a to each our own thing and that at the core, it's still the same game though.

The DS version is good but of course the priciest (around $20). If you have a Wii U you should be able to access the Wii Shop and get the SNES version from there. Honestly it's just that the Wii version is cheap enough as it is that I felt it's worth paying slightly extra for the QOL benefits. Good game though, really hope you like it.

OrionX

Hmm... tempted to get Old Hunters, but I fear I've grown soft during my long time away from Bloodborne. Might feel like learning to walk again. lol

Luckydog

One day I will find a 50% discount on the Street Fighter V season pass.....One day.....then I may actually go back and play it with all the characters.

BrunOz

I'm thinking about getting Rocket League, apart from the game, is there too much content locked behind DLC to buy?

Buy Bloodborne, EVERYONE!

lupinko

I am loving a bunch of these prices especially since they're grandfathered in.

Picked up Bloodborne CE, Broken Age and Flow.

It was great to wait. :)

Top Bottom