• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN - Days of Play sale ($15 back when you spend $100) 6/9-6/16

SeanR1221

Haven't been following but was Mass Effect patched enough to be significantly better, or is it still not great with slightly less goofy faces?

Man the deals for Prey and Mass Effect look good but I still have to play through Life is Strange, the Uncharted collection (only finished Uncharted 1), Nioh and Nier. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything else until I completed my backlog :(

danthefan

Fuck sake why did this sale have to come when I'm incredibly broke. Been dying to get Nioh but can't justify any money on games at the moment.

should I go for Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, or Titanfall 2?

I know Titanfall 2 is very highly regarded in gaf, but as casual player of fps. I don't really play online multiplayer, so what I'm looking for is simply which one have better story or set pieces. I H

Rymuth

I know Titanfall 2 is very highly regarded in gaf, but as casual player of fps. I don't really play online multiplayer, so what I'm looking for is simply which one have better story or set pieces. I H
Story/campaign-wise? Definitely TF2

I know Titanfall 2 is very highly regarded in gaf, but as casual player of fps. I don't really understand the intricacies of what make a great shooter, I usually had great fun with previous Call of Duty campaign. Advance Warfare is the last one I play and I really like it

what I'm looking for is not a deep shooter, I just need one to have engaging story or set pieces to make you want to keep playing to see the end.

I haven't followed any of the game's news other than some trailers, and my first gut reaction from watching both trailers is that I'm more interested with CoDIW premise than Titanfall, partially because I'm usually not a fan of sentient big robot like Transformers which is what Titanfall looks like.

edit: I think I mistakenly post my message before I finish typing...

Kill3r7

I know Titanfall 2 is very highly regarded in gaf, but as casual player of fps. I don't really understand the intricacies of what make a great shooter, I usually had great fun with previous Call of Duty campaign. Advance Warfare is the last one I play and I really like it

what I'm looking for is not a deep shooter, I just need one to have engaging story or set pieces to make you want to keep playing to see the end.

I haven't followed any of the game's news other than some trailers, and my first gut reaction from watching both trailers is that I'm more interested with CoDIW premise than Titanfall, partially because I'm usually not a fan of sentient big robot like Transformers which is what Titanfall looks like.

IW has terrible MP by COD standards. BLOPS3 is by far the more popular COD game from the recent releases.

Capra

o is this all the sales thought it was 9 days of sales not 9 days of the same shit...

disappointed

nZpBZ5.gif

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping Tuesday's weekly store update has some good sales for a few games I want. If not, then I'll be passing on the spend $100 get $15 back since there's thus far nothing that I want to buy.

HCgamer

I went to best buy they did not price match the $26 psn store price for the last guardian the cashier told me the lowest competitor price for it is $29.99 at walmart I price matched I did not save much off the msrp $39.99 with gamers club discount couple of dollars better than nothing.

SeanR1221

I went to best buy they did not price match the $26 psn store price for the last guardian the cashier told me the lowest competitor price for it is $29.99 at walmart I price matched I did not save much off the msrp $39.99 with gamers club discount couple of dollars better than nothing.

lol I already said no. Why would they match a digital sale???

Benedict

Somebody know how much PS+ you can stack up?
My PS+ was to be expired in august but I bought two more years now since the 1 year sub is on sale (EU).
Can I stack more than that?

Hopefully there's a good sale on Tuesday or a good flash sale on Friday. I'd rather get older games with bigger discounts than new games with smaller discounts.

Benedict

I don't think there's a limit.

Thanks for the replies.
I've added yet another year on my PS+ subscription so now it will be active for three years before I need to fill up again.
Since it was a 30% discount that makes almost a free year.
Had to do it to save some money in the long run and ease of mind, even though I'm very short of funds at the moment.

He never used the word "new" hence the uncertainty that everyone but you had.

Just saying.
When you say this:

Jim Ryan said:
The PlayStation Store will see something cheap every day.

It sounds like there will be more deals every day.

As this is not the case, I haven't even made a purchase yet. I was excited to spend the $100 but between PS+ not even being as low as I paid for it earlier this year and the games being offered not being of interest to me (or I already own them) I may not even buy anything now. Unless of course stuff shows up during Sony's E3 conference.

EDIT - Or of course, new sales added on Tuesday, as that is regular store update schedule.

JC Lately

Hmmm. I have enough to get Horizon or Mass Effect, but not both.

How is the story on Mass Effect? I heard the series has been placed in hiatus; don't want to get invested if it ends on a cliffhanger or something.

JC Lately

nah. there's a whole lotta unfinished business & loose ends, for sure, but nothing i'd describe as a 'cliffhanger' (as in, where your character/everyone's actually in some kinda immediate danger) :) ...

Yeah, that's technically not a cliffhanger, but still the kind of thing that would annoy me since the future of the series is in limbo right now.

Horizon it is. Thanks. GAF!

grumble

Man the deals for Prey and Mass Effect look good but I still have to play through Life is Strange, the Uncharted collection (only finished Uncharted 1), Nioh and Nier. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything else until I completed my backlog :(

The longer you wait, the better the deals get. Those games will still be there when you're done with your backlog, with better patches and lower prices.

BFIB

Amazon is matching, had some credit to use, so I scored Horizon for $25. Gonna start it after I complete BoTW.

rgoulart

Can we expect major deals on tuesday update? I'm thinking of buying Destiny's expansions since I only have the vanilla game and was planning on getting back to the game. It would be great if they have a deal on that after showing some gameplay from Destiny 2 on stage.

Can we expect major deals on tuesday update? I'm thinking of buying Destiny's expansions since I only have the vanilla game and was planning on getting back to the game. It would be great if they have a deal on that after showing some gameplay from Destiny 2 on stage.
Hoping for indies, VR games, and other stuff to be on sale tomorrow.

Zasa

You guys reckon the Digital Deluxe edition of Horizon is worth it for someone not interested in the art book? Are any of the items OP early game, or for a long period of time?

Gurish

I thought they were going to add more stuff during E3.

That's a really pathetic sale than, got way more hyped than it should be, Sony had standards sales that were better than this.

Top Bottom