• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN - Days of Play sale ($15 back when you spend $100) 6/9-6/16

SephLuis

I'll gladly take Prey (and wait for a patch to fix the stutter). Wipeout 4k60nativefuckinglorious and.... what else do you guys recommend?

Already have BF1, Uncharted 4, Horizon.... was thinking about Ninja Gaiden 2 for PS Vita. Is it any good?

Ninja Gaiden 2 on Vita is 30 fps and it's a game originally designed for 60fps. It works, but the home console versions are better.

If you want an action game, pick Yakuza 0. There's also nioh, which is a great action game too.

pantsmith

Yo, what are the odds that XIV: Heavenward goes on sale when Stormblood comes out? Looking to get back into both with some of my extra free time this summer, but don't want to jump on Heavenward if it seems likely it'll go on sale.

hydruxo

Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing! Can't believe how good this game is. I'm not even sure this game was hyped enough lol

One of the few games that exceeded my expectations, and I was expecting a lot from it too haha. I platinumed it and wanted to keep playing, never once did I feel burnt out. Incredible game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yo, what are the odds that XIV: Heavenward goes on sale when Stormblood comes out? Looking to get back into both with some of my extra free time this summer, but don't want to jump on Heavenward if it seems likely it'll go on sale.

As I understand it, Stormblood is bundled with Heavensward, which kind of makes sense given this model differs greatly from other MMO's in how the narrative and progression is so linked. If you were planning on getting Stormblood anyway and already own ARR, then Stormblood should be all you need.

pantsmith

As I understand it, Stormblood is bundled with Heavensward, which kind of makes sense given this model differs greatly from other MMO's in how the narrative and progression is so linked. If you were planning on getting Stormblood anyway and already own ARR, then Stormblood should be all you need.

Ah, word, thank you!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ah, word, thank you!

Should still seek confirmation (community thread should help) or steam/psn store page, as this is what I've read from many accounts but haven't done the research myself. But it is likely the case.

One of the few games that exceeded my expectations, and I was expecting a lot from it too haha. I platinumed it and wanted to keep playing, never once did I feel burnt out. Incredible game.
Exactly how I feel! I even made time lapse montages and a combat video because I was playing it over again on Very Hard with no HUD AFTER I got the Plat.

You know what really bummed me out, though? Two of my friends wrote if off as basically "Far Cry Primal" and haven't picked it up. I even offered to buy them a copy (they live together) but they seem bothered by my suggestion that its an incredible game :(

Yes! New deals every day.

Even Gear store is having E3 discount: https://gear.playstation.com/en-us/

ps4-sales-1024x576-750x422.jpg

Ya'll need to learn how to read. Days of Play is "9 days of epic deals" and it was already quoted that there are new deals every day.

Heck, there might even be brand new releases on sale that we see during Sony's E3 keynote.

Lol

Is there anything new today?

Nope!

Toki767

Figured there wouldn't be any more new deals.

I wonder if the original plan was that they were going to put 1 or 2 series on sale every day but someone just said "Nah, just make the whole list available for a week"

Blam

There's going to be 3 more quests with the live.playstation.com shit. It's in the site code.

Nm that's a lie those were from last year.

TheMan

Ya'll need to learn how to read. Days of Play is "9 days of epic deals" and it was already quoted that there are new deals every day.

Heck, there might even be brand new releases on sale that we see during Sony's E3 keynote.

where's today's deal bruh

Does anyone know if you use a prepaid code for a game that you redeem on PSN, if it applies to these $100 get $15 promotions?

For example, gamestop.com is selling digital codes for borderlands handsome collection for $15, and it's still selling for $60 on PSN.

Does anyone know if you use a prepaid code for a game that you redeem on PSN, if it applies to these $100 get $15 promotions?

For example, gamestop.com is selling digital codes for borderlands handsome collection for $15, and it's still selling for $60 on PSN.
No, those don't count.

Exactly how I feel! I even made time lapse montages and a combat video because I was playing it over again on Very Hard with no HUD AFTER I got the Plat.

You know what really bummed me out, though? Two of my friends wrote if off as basically "Far Cry Primal" and haven't picked it up. I even offered to buy them a copy (they live together) but they seem bothered by my suggestion that its an incredible game :(

not to change the subject, but have you figured out what happened to today's new games? :) ...

Yes! New deals every day.

Ya'll need to learn how to read. Days of Play is "9 days of epic deals" and it was already quoted that there are new deals every day...

Lol

Nope!

Figured there wouldn't be any more new deals.

I wonder if the original plan was that they were going to put 1 or 2 series on sale every day but someone just said "Nah, just make the whole list available for a week"

where's today's deal bruh

not to change the subject, but have you figured out what happened to today's new games? :) ...

Yesterday I left a comment on the PlayStation Blog post asking for clarification, but heard nothing back. Honestly not sure. It sounded like it from the Jim Ryan quote, but as stated he is from European SIE.

Perhaps if not daily, there will be new deals after the PlayStation E3 keynote?

Also WTF, Europe gets the Platinum 3D audio headset on sale but we only get the Golds :(

HCgamer

I opted to buy horizon zero dawn physical copy at best buy with my gamers club discount I would have purchased the last guardian if they had it for $29.99 still $39.99 physical. I am considering buying it digital $26 and change is much more than I like to spend for digital + my 500 gb ps4 is out of space.

timberger

There's a couple of really solid deals there, but overall the PS Store end of this promo is fucking garbage. GOW3 remaster's sale price is a tenner more than it was the last time it went on sale ffs.

Darknight

There's a couple of really solid deals there, but overall the PS Store end of this promo is fucking garbage. GOW3 remaster's sale price is a tenner more than it was the last time it went on sale ffs.

I think it was $5 at one point which I bought it then.

This sale is horrible.

FF XV for $30 CAD :O Mass Effect Andro and Horizon $40 and $52 respectively, too. Gonna have to grab some of these.

Surprised that XCOM 2 and No Man's Sky are still $80 CAD though :O

autoduelist

Without thinking about it or planning it, I had played and plat'd Primal -immediately- before Horizon came out, which means I unfortunately played them back to back.

There are a lot of similarities (just having the primary weapon be a bow is a lot when you're putting enough time into 2 open world platinums), though also a lot of differences. There are still some nice touches from Primal I enjoyed (pet sabertooths, oh yeah!) but Horizon is by far my favorite. I didn't actually expect to like Primal as much as I did, but I ended up really digging that too.

I wish I hadn't played them back to back, but yeah, nobody should write Horizon off as FCP. They are very different - FCP is at its heart a FC game, meaning lots of 'base attack' gameplay mixed with a lot of hunting [amped up in Primal]. HZD is not a base attack game... in fact, the few bases there are with human enemies are the low points. Rather, it's pure glorious hunter on mechbot combat.

pa22word

Ninja Gaiden 2 on Vita is 30 fps and it's a game originally designed for 60fps. It works, but the home console versions are better.

If you want an action game, pick Yakuza 0. There's also nioh, which is a great action game too.
Ngs2 30 fps on vita? Hahahahahhahahahahaha

Maybe for like a second when you're standing in a tunnel staring at a wall or something while running @ psp res >.> that game has probably the most unstable framerates of any game I've played this generation. Just completely horrid performance all around. I'm no performance hawk, but it's one of the rare instances that I'd legitimately call a game borderline unplayable due to the performance. Do not I repeat *not* waste your money on that port.

Ngs1+ is a fine port, though. Yes, it's 30fps but it's absolutely solid and drops res rather than frames when ninpo attacks rage wild.

Top Bottom