• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] PSN Flash Sale 5/12

So what is up with Neon Chrome? It was $4.49 this morning, and now it's showing up as $14.99? This error is going to be fixed before the Flash sale is over right?

Zasa

How does Shadow Complex hold up these days? Never got around to playing it on 360, & I'm in the mood for some metroidvania.

Probably picking up some Axiom Verge as well now.

You guys missed the holiday sales. PSN store and Best Buy had it for $35.

I regret not picking it up.
I've had it since September when they finally dropped it to $40 on Best Buy. I didn't feel guilty buying it anymore because of the console tax.

If I knew I was gonna sink 200 hours in to it and counting I would have pre-ordered it ;)

autoduelist

Bought Mars and Aliens pinball tables, zeno raid, qube, and skyforce. Pretty happy for the price, though I didn't want to spend anything after spending so much on golden week. Kind of glad I already own a lot of the stuff [even at higher prices] just so I didn't spend even more.

There's a lot of other great stuff I already own. Passing on stuff over $10 even if I want it due to Golden Week.

I'm really curious if anyone has played There Came an Echo? I've read reviews that seem to suggest it's cool-ish but kinda more like a tech demo... but conceptually [a tactical game with voice commands] I really want it to be great. Has anyone loved it?

I've had it since September when they finally dropped it to $40 on Best Buy. I didn't feel guilty buying it anymore because of the console tax.

If I knew I was gonna sink 200 hours in to it and counting I would have pre-ordered it ;)
You pay tax on console digital purchases.

Toni

Canadian here, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure PSN started charging state tax a month or two ago. I remember there being a big thread about it.

In some US states, they might be.

I bought The Order 1886 for $4 bucks and I was charged $0.00 of Tax.

I'm in Florida.

FINALLY picked up No Man's Sky on this sale, for the HDR and updates.

It looks gorgeous and I've been playing the hell out of it for probably 10 hours total since yesterday. I love it, really blown away. I'm glad I'm experiencing it with HDR and whatever improvements, but I regret giving the cold shoulder to it way back when.

Other than that, I picked up Sky Force since I've been wanting it for awhile, and it's one of the few things I didn't already own. Great little shmup with nice looks, personality and some padded play value.

Anyone played Xcom 2 on PS4? Deluxe is 60% off.. seems like a good time to finally get it but heard mixed things about it when tbe game first launched.

REDSLATE

Bought the PS4 remastered bundle with Twisted Metal Black and War of the Monsters. Solid deal for $8 (includes Kinetica).

Also The Fall for <$5 is a good grab.

Very interested in Kerbal until I see it has like 3/5 stars on PSN. You know the game is fucked when it has less than 4 stars on PSN store.

They have to make DriveClub bikes and season pass part of these flash sales. $35 to get everything is ridiculous.
I hate when DLC doesn't go on sale for games.
Extra annoying when you own the base game and a GOT edition is released that goes on sale, and yet the individual DLC STILL doesn't go on sale (or it's barely discounted).

Capra

Picked up Assault Android Cactus.

What a fucking good game. I can see myself playing this one on and off for S-ranks for a while.

BigDug13

It looks gorgeous and I've been playing the hell out of it for probably 10 hours total since yesterday. I love it, really blown away. I'm glad I'm experiencing it with HDR and whatever improvements, but I regret giving the cold shoulder to it way back when.

Other than that, I picked up Sky Force since I've been wanting it for awhile, and it's one of the few things I didn't already own. Great little shmup with nice looks, personality and some padded play value.

You were fine to give it a cold shoulder on release. It's a much different game now after those two huge updates.

autoduelist

Axiom Verge, SOMA, or Assault Android Cactus? Which is the best value out of these games in peoples opinions?

AAC is a top tier dual stick shooter. Extremely good.

Picked up Assault Android Cactus.

What a fucking good game. I can see myself playing this one on and off for S-ranks for a while.

S-Ranking the game requires devotion. It's one of the beautiful things about the game - each level is designed with the potential for a perfect combo (s-rank). It won't be easy.

Here's a hint I discovered WAY WAY too late into my platinum... switching weapons gives you a couple invulnerability frames. You're welcome.

Cheers, Axiom being cross-buy is a big plus.

That's the right choice. SOMA and Assault Android Cactus were ok, but they're just regular games to me compared to Axiom Verge... something really special.

You were fine to give it a cold shoulder on release. It's a much different game now after those two huge updates.

Yeah, probably for the best. The ~$20 I've paid is nice too. I've just got a bleeding heart for underdogs that go through the public meat grinder.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

I'm seeing a few streamers who have also bought NMS in the last couple of days and they're all happy with it too. It's really nice to see the community growing. Welcome aboard.

MikeyB

Rayman Legends - I love the art and the gameplay.

Tower of Guns - This has always interested me. Cannot say why.

Assault Android Cactus - Everybody says so.

Red Planet - Supposed to be one of the purest twin stick shooters, so may as well gove it a shot for a couple of bucks.

Slain - The art, the developer's support to improve the gameplay, and the metal focus.

Hooray! I have no self control.

Print_Dog

Picked up SOMA and inFamous First Light. Pretty OK sale.

Been meaning to play SOMA for a while. Introducing my girl to gaming and she latched on to RE VII. She has a hard time with controlling cameras in third person still lol.

Well, I rebought the order for 4.99 after having traded it in a long time ago. I gotta say, it's a lot better than I remembered it being. The game is absolutely gorgeous, I think the best looking game this gen. The gameplay is solid, but just not good enough to be memorable. I actually am really enjoying the story the second time around as well.

I really feel like this is this gen's Heavenly Sword. Such a shame we won't get to see RAD get another shot at it.

Top Bottom