• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] PSN Flash Sale 5/12

Couleurs

I know it gets a lot of love, but if I didn't like Doom's demo (or beta, I forgot which it was that I played) is the full game any better? Or is the demo/beta a pretty good indicator of what the rest of the game is like.

I normally love FPS games but I remember multiplayer feeling "off" compared to old school Doom and single player being kinda boring. But hopefully it was just a bad demo/beta.

ElRenoRaven

I know it gets a lot of love, but if I didn't like Doom's demo (or beta, I forgot which it was that I played) is the full game any better? Or is the demo/beta a pretty good indicator of what the rest of the game is like.

I normally love FPS games but I remember multiplayer feeling "off" compared to old school Doom and single player being kinda boring. But hopefully it was just a bad demo/beta.

To be honest I know I'm in the minority but I hated Doom. Got it as a gift and I like you just think it feels off and isn't fun. This coming from someone who loved Doom 1,2, and 3. I'd say if you didn't like the Demo you're probably not gonna like the retail game.

jf DOOM

To be honest I know I'm in the minority but I hated Doom. Got it as a gift and I like you just think it feels off and isn't fun. This coming from someone who loved Doom 1,2, and 3. I'd say if you didn't like the Demo you're probably not gonna like the retail game.

Agree with you. Didn't find Doom at fun at all, and gave up on it pretty quickly which I never do.

yananana

How is Axiom verge and Soma on the PS4?

Can't talk for Axiom Verge, but I have both versions of SOMA (PC & PS4), and I remember the latter running at 1080p/30fps. Some drops (1-2 fps) here and there but they aren't that noticable, as it doesn't affect the experience IMO.

I cant decide between Doom and Xcom. Ive wanted to play both. Id assume Doom has the more active MP but Xcom has the Strategy and single player length.

Roxkis_ii

I've been waiting on mirrors edge to go on sale ( I didn't realize it's been discounted so much). Win!

Patience saves pockets.

Well, nothing for me here. A few recommendations for Vita owners though.

Lichtspeer can get frustratingly difficult at time, but it's a lot of fun at the same time and I found it rather beautiful to look at - review here

Neon Chrome is a fantastic twin-stick shooter with a great aesthetic and some addictive gameplay - review here

Paranautical Activity isn't the best FPS or roguelike, but for the price it's going for here it's definitely worth checking out - review here

Super Stardust Delta is one of my favourite Vita games, just classic twin-stick gameplay at its pure best - review here

I also loved Oddworld; Risk of Rain and Velocity for varying reasons, all worth trying.

Hows Risk of Rain?

Compared to Rogue Legacy, is it as good, better, worse? In the mood for a Rogue Like and that one is my favorite.

Anyone?

Visually dated but a pretty good game.

It really is, I don't remember what it looked like because I only played the demo on 360 about 6-7 years ago. But for a remaster, this game at times is really ugly and muddy. About an hour in and It's fun so far though so it shouldn't matter unless you really care about visuals.

jwillenn

Stealth Inc. 2 and Swapper for those who don't already have them!

I have the Wii U versions and they are excellent!

edit:
I have Assault Android Cactus also (PS4). Awesome stuff!

Azriell

Any know how XCOM 2 performs on PS4? I'm dying to play it, but XCOM 1 was pretty rough on last gen, and I remember hearing about XCOM 2 performances issues on PC at launch.

melkier33

how is kerbal on the ps4?

I think someone mentioned bugs and stuff, I just wanted to chime in and say I haven't experienced them probably because I didn't play long enough. But my God the controller set up when you spacewalk is horrendous, 90% of the time I would somehow let go of the shit and franticly watch it start to drift away from me till it was to late to do anything.

Tansut

Anybody here played Doki-Doki Universe? I remember being intrigued when it came out but I don't know what impressions are of it.

How is First Light? I've only a casual history (read: almost nothing) with the Infamous games but I like the visuals and aesthetic shown in some screens and video I've seen. I've got $7 in my psn wallet and it's either that or Journey.

How is First Light? I've only a casual history (read: almost nothing) with the Infamous games but I like the visuals and aesthetic shown in some screens and video I've seen. I've got $7 in my psn wallet and it's either that or Journey.
I think it is better than Infamous Second Son.

Velcro Fly

Tempted by Doom at less than $20. Been thinking about buying the game for a while so I might pull the trigger. I have a pretty hard drive so the 80gb of space needed won't really deter me.

glow

Banned
I haven't played Infamous Second Son yet. Should I buy First Light? I liked the first 2 Infamous games.

Ricker

Got SOMA and Technomancer

1 great game(Soma) and 1 good game,although the constant respawn of the same ennemies in the last quarter of Technomancer was annoying as hell.Good choices.

What's The Swapper like? I'm sorta interested in that one.

I did not like it and it got too hard and frustrating to me because of the twitchy,unorthodox controls but I can understand people liking it.

When does this sale end?

And is the XCOM 2 digital deluxe version worth it over the regular version?

It varies, the Alien Hunters dlc gives you some unique new weapons/armor but also makes the game more difficult early/mid when they start hunting you.

Shen's Last Gift is worth it because it gives you a robot unit that is super OP for the early game and remains strong throughout the entire game. It basically replaces the SHIV from Enemy Unknown but doesn't have the drawback of taking up two squad unit slots and is way more versatile.

The other dlc is just cosmetic stuff for your squad.

Top Bottom