• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 1 (12/6/2016 - 12/13/2016)

Juraash

How's Divinity: Original Sin? The game looks interesting, but the video/trailer they have on the store isn't selling it to me super well. The price is certainly right if it's a good game.

It definitely was. It's listed on the OP here and on the official blog page. Strange.
From the blog post:
Update: Certain sales titles were listed in error. This post has been updated to more accurately reflect PlayStation Store offerings.

Either there was a misunderstanding among Sony staff regarding which Batman titles were on sale, or Return to Arkham will be included in an upcoming week.

Maligna

Banned
Does the EDF series have character creation?

How's Divinity: Original Sin? The game looks interesting, but the video/trailer they have on the store isn't selling it to me super well. The price is certainly right if it's a good game.

I love the battle mechanics. It's like playing a paper RPG on your TV. But as soon as I got to the first town I was bored and overwhelmed with too many quests and NPCs to talk to. But this is something that happens to me quite often in RPGs. Towns bore/overwhelm me. So it may not be a factor to others.

Does the EDF series have character creation?

I love the battle mechanics. It's like playing a paper RPG on your TV. But as soon as I got to the first town I was bored and overwhelmed with too many quests and NPCs to talk to. But this is something that happens to me quite often in RPGs. Towns bore/overwhelm me. So it may not be a factor to others.

Ill second that.
The combat plays like out like a D&D encounter, really fun. That first town killed it for me. Walked around for hours talking to people. Went to eat dinner (in real life) and never played the game again.

danthefan

It.

Is.

Amazing.

Possibly the best turn based combat in the history of gaming, I couldn't even begin to describe the depth. Magnificent game, buy it now.

JMY86

Divinity: Original Sin is fantastic! The only issue I had is the load times on console are pretty bad.

Zesh

The game is fantastic, and I'd highly recommend it. It has some of the best turn-based combat I've ever experienced in a game, with lots of fun environmental effects and combos.

The story is nothing special, though, so don't expect anything groundbreaking there.

I have a question. I've always been interested
in Bully. Unfortunately, I don't really care GTA and RDR. Since Bully is the same developer as the other two, I'm very hesitant to spend any money on the game. Does anyone who has played all of these games think I could still really like Bully even if I don't like GTA and RDR?

Edit: typo

netguy503

Week 2 link is up, but nothing viewable just yet....

Week 2 PSN Sale

Hoping for some good stuff this week!

Doesn't the store update/sales end at 8am PST? But they completely took away the week 1 selection this early. Wow. It's only 6 here. Man, I'm so glad I made my final purchases last night instead of this morning. I would have been pissed.

Hopefully that means the store will update really early this week.

AR15mex

I always find digital games so expensive. Like 90% games are overpriced. Syndicate is 20 dlls on sams vs 24.99 on the psn, so i dont see much incentive to buy them.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
has than been a thing for the last few months? I have seen the store update around 10AM-12PM Arizona time(which is early) for a while now.

Been a thing for years. Usually the update occurs between 10a-2p PST, but give or take. Got a few hours or more before stuff starts populating, but early surprises can happen.

Yeah, I don't check the PSN store every week like I used to, and sometimes when I've gone to grab a game on sale on Mondays they're back to full price.

Used to be able to wait until at least early afternoon, but lately the pricing reverts well before the store updates. Still, it's not Sony's fault people wait till the last second.

netguy503

Yeah, I don't check the PSN store every week like I used to, and sometimes when I've gone to grab a game on sale on Mondays they're back to full price.

Used to be able to wait until at least early afternoon, but lately the pricing reverts well before the store updates. Still, it's not Sony's fault people wait till the last second.

It didn't revert. You could still search for the game and find the discounted price up until the update time. They just took away the sale page and put up week 2 placeholder page 3 hours before the end of the sale which was odd. Everything else was as usual though.

I always find digital games so expensive. Like 90% games are overpriced. Syndicate is 20 dlls on sams vs 24.99 on the psn, so i dont see much incentive to buy them.

Syndicate was $15 during the Black Friday sale on PSN. You have to remember that brick and mortar stores have limited shelf space and will sometimes price their stuff pretty low to clear stock. If you're patient enough, you can usually get comparable deals on PSN. It's not like years ago where most PSN sales were terribly overpriced. A lot of flash sales now even approach Steam sale prices.

Overcooked and Need for Speed for me :)

Yep, I got these along with Alone with You and Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Holy cow is Overcooked great with family and friends. One of the best couch co-op games I've played. I'd rank it alongside Towerfall and Helldivers, but it's more family-friendly and new to games friendly like the Jackbox party games.

A lot of fun with two players, but a blast with 3 or 4. You can also have two people split a controller if you're limited there. You just need to find some people to play with (unless you're connection is good enough, then you can Share Play it). Has the charm of a Nintendo game.

Top Bottom