• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US retailer is now giving away $100 Steam Gift cards with all GeForce RTX 40 GPUs

Honey Bunny

>As we enter second week after the RTX 4070 launch, there is certainly no issue of supply. The RTX 4070 is available everywhere, and it is available for less than some might expect, but not necessary in the US. To combat troubling sales, large US retailer MicroCenter has just started giving away $100 worth of Steam Gift cards with all RTX 40 GPUs currently listed on the site.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Well, nvidia has literally stopped producing these GPUs so the retailers see the writing on the wall. They know Nvidia isnt going to be resuming production on these GPUs. they will be phased out which means this the best time to offload these DoA GPUs at the MSRP.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Worth noting that this appears to be in-store only according to Micro Center's homepage...

QJaOsoU.jpg

When you add the card to your cart and proceed to the payment page it doesn't show any info about the free Steam Gift Card, so I'm assuming this ad on their homepage is correct. Makes it worthless to a lot people who don't have a Micro Center near their home since there's only 25 locations in the US across 17 states.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
See now as someone looking to upgrade in the next year from a GTX 1060 6gb, I'm more confused on what to get
New GPUs come out every 2 years.
New CPUs come out every year.

Whats there to be confused about?

Pick a product, be happy and dont read NeoGAF about your product lest you feel buyers remorse.

If you wait for the midrange RTX50s, youll be just over a year and half away from the RTX60s......just like right now you are just over a year and half away from the RTX50s.
If you buy Intel/AMDs current CPUs, at any time you are less than 12 months away from their next big thing.

This is coming from someone with an i5-12400 mated to an RTX 3080...........who is waiting for the RTX 4080'20G.....which will likely be just over a year away from the RTX 5080.
With PC building if you keep waiting, you will literally be waiting forever because there is a new product on the horizon constantly.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I'm not sold on Intels stuff yet, I do tend to prefer a more known maker
Intel is the oldest GPU maker currently on the market.
Their drivers were updated within a month to near perfect condition.
The reason they had a "rocky' launch is because they focused on DX12 and Vulkan titles, because they are forward looking....DX9 titles suffered because of this.

The A770 16GB is currently the best bang for buck midrange GPU you can get and is less than 300 dollars.
If you are willing spend alittle more for just under 500 dollars you can get an RX6800.
Both are 16GB and will be marked upgrades to your 1060'6G.

Top Bottom