• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US States by Average IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrealist

maxresdefault.jpg

Daedardus

Seeing as IQ already is a normalised score, with 100 being the average, what does 100 represent? The average of the whole US? Or the average of the whole world?

Xe4

Banned
Yep, that looks like the variations that would be seen in <1 standard deviation. There may be some larger underlying trend with regards to poverty rates, but it is equally likely that it's just random.

I'd like to see more in-depth maps for bigger population states. I feel like NYS could be brought down by the population in NYC.

steven85

Banned
Apart from California's valley girl crisis, I always enjoy seeing the corilation between the less educated areas and the most religious areas.

steven85

Banned
1280px-White_Non-Hispanic_population_percentage_by_state_in_2012.svg.png

Based on this stat map, seems like states with less whites have lower avg IQ?
This thread about to go south very fast. Let's do crime/religious comparisons instead lol.

Edit: but for the hell of it, yes of course. I'm sure statistically speaking whites overral maybe have a higher IQ than other races due to history/upbringing/opportunities/whatever else you want to use lol.

Tbh,that correlates with the iq world map.
I still don't know what the iq real tells about somebody especially after reading a peer reviewed paper where children gained 7 points of iq after saying them that they will get candy after the test.

The Los Angeles Unified School District has and always will be trash.
I'm surprised that I graduated with very little knowledge I got out of it.

Xe4

Banned

It also correlates with poverty rate, though neither are statistically significant. Again, these are such small differences it's incredibly difficult to quantify statistically. You can measure anything and use it to support the linking of some two things, just because of random fluctuations.
Code:
[IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/60/US_states_by_poverty_rate.svg/800px-US_states_by_poverty_rate.svg.png[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom