• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA CHALLENGES JAPAN TO GIANT ROBOT DUEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear right? There are two dozen teams building giant robots around the world right now?

GIANT ROBOT LEAGUE INCOMING

And if this battle is anything to go by, it will exactly be like the WWE

That sounds amazing but they got to get better scripting in the dialogue and fights. Ain't no problems with remote controlled mechs so you aren't endangering pilots.

Like stright up, that one punch by Kuratas made my night. More stuff like that.

Xe4

Banned
I'm mostly happy that two groups of people could do what they loved and make some cool full sized fighting robots.

The whole thing was either going to be really lame or scripted, and they went for the second one, which is fine and what made sense to show to audiences. There was no way to do a real robot fight without it being excessively dangerous to the pilots. Shit was dangerous enough already probably.

Either way, that was fun to watch and I got some laughs out of it.

Also GIANT ROBOTS!

Also, as my final post, at least for the night (probably) let me leave off with: USA! USA! USA!

Usobuko

Banned
Yeah, and why are they acting like the US won?

26726_700bisyu6.jpg

Amazing cover.

Next WWE mecha that adds circle strafe will win championship belt the next 4 years.

MegaBots 3:16
"I just put down that stage prop and ruined a cool moment"

When is Trump going to tweet about this and make things worse?

VOLTRON FIGHT WHEN

This thing can be great. Just get rid of the pilots and let the engineers go ham on full destruction(with some caveats). Having to be careful because of the pilots takes a lot of the thrill away.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This was way better than I expected, lol. The one punch death of MK2, the MK3 punching the whole car onto the ground, chainsaw (with teh freedom stars!) destruction, fruitless punches thrown onto giant MK3. Awesome and really funny at times. Massive props to guys who made these robots. This was legitimately more interesting at times than any robot fight in Bay's transformers movies. CG is still no substitute for the real deal. You could tell how much more actually real this was at any given moment.

Jackpot

Banned
I liked how in each round the robots waited for the other to display its weapons for optimum effect.

When you see them in action you realise Japan's one is just a tractor/forklift with a cockpit on top and the US's looks like it's from a scrapheap.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Fucking lame. I knew having pilots would neuter this but the was worse than expected.

Fucking lame. I knew having pilots would neuter this but the was worse than expected.

At one part you see the chainsaw going right into the cockpit area of the torso, it cuts away, and then the chainsaw is in a completely different location. Having pilots forces this to be scripted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom