• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Using The Xbox 360 VGA Cable on LCD Monitor

I picked up the official VGA HD cable for the Xbox 360 recently. I set the display resolution to 1280 x 1024 (the native resolution of the LCD monitor that I have. It's a 17" LCD 4:3 monitor).

What I am wonder is the resolution that the games actually run at? I noticed that Call of Duty runs full screen, while the Fight Night 3 demo runs in widescreen (letterbox).

It depends on the game. Some, like Call of Duty will actually render at 1280 x 1024. Most will render in 1280 x 720 and output 1280 x 1024 through the scaler with the appropriate areas displayed in black.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Uncle Dukey said:
It depends on the game. Some, like Call of Duty will actually render at 1280 x 1024. Most will render in 1280 x 720 and output 1280 x 1024 through the scaler with the appropriate areas displayed in black.

I'm a fan of scaled and letterboxed for most games, since I prefer the aspect ratio for both appearance and FPS gameplay.

Top Bottom