• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UT3 PS3 goes GOLD!

Woo-Fu

Banned
SapientWolf said:
People were pretty meh about this game in the PC thread. I'd never thought I'd see more excitement over a console port than the PC release.

The PC demo was hampered by a bunch of shitty listen servers and a browser implementation out of the dark ages of IPX/SPX.

The console version looked really good when they covered it on the 1up Show awhile back. Graphically and gameplay-wise it looked almost exactly like the PC demo---which says bad things about the PC version and good things about the PS3 version, imho. :)

Kyoufu

Good news in the sense that another decent shooter is coming out soon, but meh, I can't be fucked with twitch shooters.

USC-fan

Banned
SapientWolf said:
People were pretty meh about this game in the PC thread. I'd never thought I'd see more excitement over a console port than the PC release.
Most people don't have PC that can run it....

Wollan

Hopefully they can confirm the December 14th EU release relatively soon or else it will be videogameplus.ca

J-Rzez

rhfb said:
This has full KB/M support right? If so I pick it up for sure (COD4... WHY!!!).

Yes it does.

Damn, now there's another title to add to my list to pick up before the end of the year on consoles. I have it on PC already, but I have a lot of friend's with PS3's that want to play it with me. :(

Tieno

Wollan said:
Hopefully they can confirm the December 14th EU release relatively soon or else it will be videogameplus.ca
That's Orange Box people were talking about

Regarding EU
For PAL territories, specifically UK and Europe, we have a few localization-related tasks to complete and then we should be starting the certification process pretty soon. My best guess is early next year (January or February) for the game to ship over there.

Wollan said:

Yeh same man. Take it there will be no problems online with importing?

Also, fuck yes!!!!

qirex

dralla said:
doesnt make any sense not to put a demo up. not everyone knows what UT is, especially PS owners.
I have a feeling their PS3 team has the rest of the year off after that effort. Making demos is actually a lot of work.

Wollan

Game ordered from videogamesplus.ca. I'm ready.

Some facts for the folks who aren't aware:

- KB/M play. You can filter servers for gamepad, KB/M or combo.
- You can host Dedicated PS3 servers with the PC version of UT3
- PS3 game supports PC mods as long as they fit to memory

Paracelsus

Wollan said:

That still does not involve PS3xPC crossplatform online, right?

lorddct

Wollan said:

- KB/M play. You can filter servers for gamepad, KB/M or combo.
- PS3 game supports PC mods as long as they fit to memory

Can the PS3 version play against PC players then?

JB1981

Looking forward to seeing how the engine performs on sony's hardware. I've never played an Unreal game before but I'll keep my eye on this.

"Been and gone, general opinion is meh meets generic."

General opinion actually was UI was crap and server browser was busted. Gameplay, as usual, is ace.

Thanks for playing, though.

h3ro

JB1981 said:
Looking forward to seeing how the engine performs on sony's hardware. I've never played an Unreal game before but I'll keep my eye on this.

Yeah, I want to see if this lives up to Rein's earlier remarks about this looking better than Gears did...

Kyoufu

Teknopathetic said:
No PS3/PC crossplatform online at release, probably never.

Mainly because of the FPS advantage that PC players have right? I'd hate to face off against a bunch of people with 60fps+ at a locked 30 rate.

f@luS

More than a member.
h3ro said:
Yeah, I want to see if this lives up to Rein's earlier remarks about this looking better than Gears did...
There are tons of direct feed footage, looks insane :)

Kyoufu said:
Mainly because of the FPS advantage that PC players have right? I'd hate to face off against a bunch of people with 60fps+ at a locked 30 rate.

Wtf?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Teknopathetic said:
"Been and gone, general opinion is meh meets generic."

General opinion actually was UI was crap and server browser was busted. Gameplay, as usual, is ace.

Thanks for playing, though.

Hey, remember when the last UT3 circle jerk thread took a U-turn about 15 posts through?

"Mainly because of the FPS advantage that PC players have right? I'd hate to face off against a bunch of people with 60fps+ at a locked 30 rate."

I'd imagine it's that and that the PS3 gamespeed is slower and it's probably just not all that worth it overall. Who knows, though.

"Hey, remember when the last UT3 circle jerk thread took a U-turn about 15 posts through?"

Remember how it was a screenshot thread and there was no gameplay discussion sans delusional ole you? Surely you can do better.

RavenFox

Banned
UT3 PS3 goes GOLD!

Holy mother of *&^**^%$# WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Ok this is going to fucking own. Dedicated servers, maps galore and K&M support. Kisses PS3

dralla said:
doesnt make any sense not to put a demo up. not everyone knows what UT is, especially PS owners.
Wha?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
ghst said:
Been and gone, general opinion is meh meets generic.

Really? I was having an insane amount of fun with it. Forget graphics, the game itself is deep and user friendly at the same time. I may not be the best Unreal player, but i know i was having a shitton of fun with the demo.

It's interesting to see this generations console players being exposed to classic pc series. Maybe it's not so much broadening the market as deepening it; more and more gamers getting a complete picture of the gaming landscape.

Right. UT3. Sweet. :D

Lightning

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
No PS3/PC crossplatform online at release, probably never.
That's a good thing, I don't feel like being schooled by PC users who play the game a lot quicker then my PS3 can handle. :lol

When I saw the speeds that the PC users play the game it turned me off, WAY to fast. I am happy with the lock at 30FPS and I can play against fellow PS3 gamers who are also locked at 30FPS.

InsertCredit said:
It's interesting to see this generations console players being exposed to classic pc series. Maybe it's not so much broadening the market as deepening it; more and more gamers getting a complete picture of the gaming landscape.

Right. UT3. Sweet. :D

ic_gaf3.gif

Sony probably joins your drinking to this one.

A classic AAA fps for christmas can only do them good.

GameGamer

SapientWolf said:

I was so happy with the Orange Box on 360 that I am definitely getting this on the PS3 first.

Maybe never on PC, I'll see how it works with K/M.

Really happy it's coming out this year!

First PS3 game I'm going to play! (so far just blu-ray movies)

The only thing I'm wondering is with the insane detail on the enviroments and models, combined with the fairly limited colour pallet, are you gonna be able to spot everything in an instant? Considering the insanely fast gameplay the UT series is known for.

Especially since hdtv's won't produce as sharp an image as a tft screen.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Is the game going to be running smiliar to a high end PC? 60Fps?
Based on what has been shown to the press, it looks on par with a high-end PC (textures are of high detail, the image quality is clean, AF is in use, etc). They've said it will be locked at 30 fps in the final game, but various previews were running at 60 fps on PS3. I'm sure they will lock it to prevent larger battles from slowing down.

Top Bottom