• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie of the Battlefield Screneshots

Awntawn said:
Links from the other thread. This game looks like all sorts of awesome.

Hell yes. Great friggin' trailer. Wasn't sure what to make of the art style in pics but it really shines in motion with the animation and whatever pp fx they're using there. I thought it was a third person shooter but gameplay seems to be strategy RPG oriented. Kind of got a Ring of Red vibe there actually (in a good way :p). Mikey likes it.

May16

segaps31.jpg
segaps32.jpg

segaps35.jpg

(A few I had kicking around before I knew the name of the game, heh)

Zalasta

Wow, that's a pretty neat and innovative take on the whole SRPG battle system. I'm impressed, thanks for the heads up, will definitely be following up on this in the future.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Can't wait to see and read more about this game, I love the style. I don't trust Sega much but we'll see.

besada

Banned
Isn't there one like this (not the same art-style, but the same style of SRPG) coming out on the 360? Anyway, this looks gorgeous, and will be a welcome addition to my tiny PS3 library as I love me some SRPGs.

Acosta

besada said:
Isn't there one like this (not the same art-style, but the same style of SRPG) coming out on the 360? Anyway, this looks gorgeous, and will be a welcome addition to my tiny PS3 library as I love me some SRPGs.

That is Project Darkness.

Vashu

Conflating?

But seriously, this game looks awesome. I hope the tactical system is good, but since it's from the guys who did Sakurai Taisen (hence the gun toting loli's) I think we're pretty safe on that. And I'll say it again, this looks awesome. Love the artstyle.

besada

Banned
Vashu said:
Conflating?

con·flate (kn-flt)
tr.v. con·flat·ed, con·flat·ing, con·flates
1. To bring together; meld or fuse: "The problems [with the biopic] include . . . dates moved around, lovers deleted, many characters conflated into one" Ty Burr.
2. To combine (two variant texts, for example) into one whole.

Dante

Wow, It's awesome seeing this type of style in motion, like an animated water color painting.

This is definetly on my radar.

besada

Banned
I finally got to watch the gameplay video. This looks wonderful. Make more games like this. It's a weird mix of SRPG, penciled-animation, and FPS, as you get to aim, zoom in, and blow your enemies away. Do Want.

S. L. said:
wow
HUGE difference between screenshots and seeing it animated
looks great!

Yep, I just watched some of the footage just now and I'm very, very, impressed at how pretty this game is looking. Wow indeed. I also like how it uses the picture/painting to gameplay/cutscene transition like in The Mark of Kri.

Duderz

Banned
Defuser said:
So what part of different art style over graphics you don't get?

Different art style? This looks about the same to me, with just a photoshop filter tacked on.

It doesn't look bad, but I'm just not seeing the praise it's getting. Eternal Sonata's cel-shading looks more appealing to me is all.

Aaron

Recruitment must have hit the cellar if they're fighting a war with little girls. Couldn't they train some dogs, or a dolphin, or something?

Duderz

Banned
lupin23rd said:
Except Eternal Sonata looks like (to quote someone else) "strawberry shortcake" and this doesn't, so this wins.

It's awfully late here, so I'm not entirely sure if you're joking or not.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Nice outfits.

The most vehemently anti-Sony journo I know kissed and made up with Krazy Ken's box after playing the TGS demo, so I'm quietly excited. Then again, they had me at 'watercolour retro-futurist wargame featuring sharp-cheekboned female cast'.

Top Bottom