• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria - IGN review (hint: not good...)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
but GREAT

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/735/735623p1.html

8.0 Presentation
Overall presentation is solid, although you may find that some things, like character background, gets lost in the menu shuffle.
9.0 Graphics
Wow -- Take a glimpse at some of the CG and you'll know just how impressive the visuals for this game are.
7.5 Sound
Music is great, but some of the voice acting is decent, with some strange moments that come through every now and then.
8.5 Gameplay
The leap to a 3D fighting system, leader monsters, bonus meters, and sealstones are nice. Just don't get too wrapped up with items or skills you might not ever get.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
The Seraphic Gate and extra difficulty levels are great, but don't expect to find the same connection to the characters that you might have had with the first game.
Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria is an extremely deep title, one that will easily last you more than 50 hours when you play through the game for the first time, and will give you lots of replay when you consider the return of the Seraphic Gate from the first game, as well as the ability to replay the game on a harder difficulty level. While just about every key facet of the game has been changed, the majority of them are for the better. It does suffer from a lack of connection to the characters, as well as a dependence on physical items and equipment that you're not guaranteed to ever receive. But as far as RPGs go, this is easily one of the best ones that have been released this year. Need we mention that we have our fingers crossed for any possibility of a VP3?

Haynes eh? He did the [controversial] KH2 review, no?

Jeremy never seems to do RPG reviews anymore. Too busy with running all the Playstation sites I guess.

ethelred

You should be banned from posting review threads. It's not that it's surprising any more, it's just that the shit's old now.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
8.5 is "not good"?

8.5 is what you'd expect a normal RPG to recieve, unless it reinvents the wheel.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
BocoDragon said:
8.5 is "not good"?

8.5 is what you'd expect a normal RPG to recieve, unless it reinvents the wheel.

Reading comprehension for the win!

(read the beginning of Wario's post, bro.)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yes, this was a test to see how many people even read the first 2 words of a thread before hitting reply

duckroll

mr jones said:

No one reads on GAF anymore, I'm certain of that. Everyone just clicks on a thread to immediately post their personal thoughts on the thread title. Yeah. :(

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
mr jones said:

I was just testing you!

duckroll said:
No one reads on GAF anymore, I'm certain of that. Everyone just clicks on a thread to immediately post their personal thoughts on the thread title. Yeah. :(

To be fair, a generalization based off my dumbass post isn't right, since I'm drinking rum n diet cokes right now. :D

Duderz

Banned
I'm so torn over this game and Okami. I just don't have time for both.

(Even though I already paid for both! :D)

Alex

My Arms Your Hearse said:
**** IGN **** IGN **** IGN **** IGN **** IGN

I HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS GAME BUT I KNOW IT'S A ****ING 10.0

**** IGN **** IGN **** IGN **** IGN **** IGN

This is probably the most accurate statement posted on GAF today.

firex

duckroll said:
stfu about FF12, VP2 is an awesome game no matter what.

duckroll said:

Why did IGN say it was no good? What did the review say? IGN sucks!

Red Scarlet

Duderz said:
I'm so torn over this game and Okami. I just don't have time for both.

(Even though I already paid for both! :D)

If you had your old avatar, the answer would be clear. Are you trying to slip under the radar??

AniHawk

Ah. After The Office, I'll be starting this tonight- despite never having played the original VP (that game is just too damn expensive).

So many good games have come out week after week. XSIII, Disgaea 2, Lego Star Wars II, Okami, Mega Man ZX. At least for about one week there's a freakin' break. Though the week after I think is TotA and Contact.

Top Bottom