• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie Profile - The Accused One announced for DS!

batbeg

Bleh. Didn't see you were quoting someone who hadn't played it, sorry. I was asking because a couple people have called VP DS a prequel, I thought you were referring to that.

duckroll

I should also note, the logo of VP and VP2 are different, one showing Lenneth and the other showing Silmeria. The logo of VP DS is clearly that of Lenneth, except dark red.

RpgN

First of all a valkyrie profile on the ds with a male lead is the last thing I would expect :lol What's next, FFXIV exclusive on the ds? That said, I'm really liking the old school style and glad that tri-ace is involved. If the game's story and music is good as the other VP games, then I might buy this.

Sagitario

RpgN said:
First of all a valkyrie profile on the ds with a male lead is the last thing I would expect :lol What's next, FFXIV exclusive on the ds?

Well, you know...
meridqix205pe-49u2qs5ht.jpeg

So... anything is possible I guess...

So, is there a place that ships internationally [no eBay] that has VP:L for cheap?
I've been trying to find, so far no luck...

I'll borrow VP2 from a friend later...

RpgN

Farore said:
Well, you know...
So... anything is possible I guess...

So, is there a place that ships internationally [no eBay] that has VP:L for cheap?
I've been trying to find, so far no luck...

I'll borrow VP2 from a friend later...

True...

If you're looking for VP:L, try play.com. They're selling it for 15 euros/ 10 pounds. They ship to Europe, Australia and a bunch of other countries. But I don't see America listed though.

DENKO

-Famitsu Valkyrie Profile:The Accursed One Special interview

Wataru Kato:Valkyrie Profile Producer

Q: The reason why a chief character became a human being?

A:Story was described in the viewpoint that looked mainly on Valkyrie so far by gods.
The Accused One, made a human being a chief character.

Picture how fragile human beings lived in comparison with the gods in the world of chaos.
I lay emphasis on the description about the life of human beings.

In addition, Valkyrie had setting called the god of death who took the soul of the soldier with, but because the setting was hard to be seen when played it in the viewpoint of gods,
thought that a view of the world that the series had by did the part daringly in the axis, and developing a story might open and did a chief character to a human being.

Q: The times setting?

A: This product becomes the story connected by the former story than 1 there chronological order.

But Lenneth former than Lenneth awakened to in the beginning of VP1 is because VP1 and the generations are different.
I understand that have you watch an illustration and a movie, but the small parts of clothes are different.

I thought that let Early and Sylmeria appear,
but do not do it like the previous work because contents to picture a human viewpoint in decrease because the ratios of the story about God world side increase necessarily when they appear.
Because familiar, I think Lenneth to be easy to begin a talk to a series fan.

Q:Einherijar(s) which appeared in VP2 appear to this product?

A:It is the generation unlike VP1 and VP2,
It completely renovates appearing Einherijar(s) and character.
The total number of people cannot yet say, but a considerable numerical character appears, and their vigor is drawn.

But there cannot the thing that Lenneth has an adventure in length and breadth inexhaustibility like VP1 which was the leading role in the Midgard whole because human Wilfred suffers from the axis of the story as for this product.
What a human home range is limited to is because there is not the feather such as Valkyrie.
The story that the human relations that are complicated in a local range affecting direct Wilfred develop is pictured in fights with a country and the country.

Q: Teach it about a multi-story system.

A: Battle choice, a story diverges.

Wilfred uses power of the Hades to defeat Lenneth and comes in contact with characters becoming a friend, and character and the fate change by repeating a battle.
VP1 had an element that appearance character was different by the degree of difficulty of the game.
The Accused One, a character becomes clear according to a chapter.
I can pick enemy or friend changes by a divergence route by the judgment of the player.

I think that it is the story change of the feeling that is near to VP1 sensuously.

Q:The story of Einherijar(s) be reinforced, too?

A: VP2 was a work mainly on Sylmeria, but, in The Accused One, strengthens a story part of the assistant characters that popularity was high to a game fan in VP1.
Watch a story of various appearance characters in each chapter.
VP1 was contents to watch a person becoming Einherijar(s) from a viewpoint of Valkyrie objectively,
As for The Accused One, a character is concerned with Wilfred directly, and a deeper human being drama unfolds.
Because the action of the player affects their fate, I think that I can empathize with characters than VP1.

Q: The change point of the battle system?

A: The past VP series searched for Field who looked from the side, but will move a character in The Accused One in the field of the quarter view.
And, by the situation at the time of the battle start, the battle participation number of people and battle formation change.
It does not change to fight with greatest four people, but there can be the thing fighting depending on the situation alone.
I think about how you can enter into a battle in an advantageous stage, and it is necessary to move.
It is easy to come to connect the combo surround the enemy well and can fight profitably.
As for the sense, about to connect the combo in turn, tradition of the series is inherited.

It is just decided a combo series tradition surround the enemy by having become a quarter view.
In addition, there is the new element to decide a combo I surround the enemy by having become the quarter view.

Q:Message to the fan

A: The Accused One becomes the game which let a good part and a new element of VP1 and VP2 fuse.
A chief character becomes a human being and thinks that I have you enjoy it for a new sense because it is it in contents of different approach till now.

There is a voice for the fight scene of all characters.
About a sound and a graphic, the member of the Tri-Ace is particular very much.
Yoshinari brothers, Sakuraba and a series familiar staff.

DENKO

Valkyrie Profile: The Accursed One

prologue:

[the feather of the goddess]was gave power.
Power of the darkness that the fault of the person brings it.
The power that can win to fight by all means...
The compensation of the power is life of the friends.
Use power for sacrifice, and [the feather of the goddess] dye it black on the suspicion of a person slowly.
All is black, and [the feather of a goddess] finished dyeing becomes the sword (*1) of the Accursed One.
Get power to defeat Lenneth which is the owner of the feather.
But it is one year that I can use power.

The soul declines in darkness if I do not achieve revenge between promises,
and it will continue being torn a soul in a tusk of beast Garm of the Hades eternally...

(*1)The sword of the Accursed One:咎人の剣"神を斬獲せし者"
It is a classic sword in the Valkyrie Profile series that it can acquire when it covers it, and it does dungeon [Seraphic gate] ten laps.

DENKO

It is that character and the conversation contents of Wilfred change by route divergence like Tactics Ogre to pay attention to personally.

ethelred

Some key takeaways I got off that interview (thanks, Denki!):

• Accused One takes place on a smaller scale than the original VP because, being a human, Wilfred lacks the ability to fly over the whole world in a flash.
• VP2 focused mainly on just Silmeria. VP1 focused on the einherjar. People liked that a lot, so they're bringing it back (yay!).
• However, they hope there will be a heightened connection to the mortal characters as you interact with them human-to-human rather than through the cold detachment of Valkyrie objectivity.
• They also think you'll feel a greater connection as characters may live or die or become allies or enemies by the choices you make in the game. At the end of chapters, you'll make decisions that cause the story (and Wilfred's role) to diverge.
• The einherjar are all new, and there are a considerable number of them -- but they won't say how many yet.

I wasn't really clear on the stuff about the timeline (which is a complete mess after VP2 anyway) or the staff involvement (tri-Ace, Sakuraba, the Yoshinaris). But I'm liking a lot of what's being said about the game.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
ethelred said:
Some key takeaways I got off that interview (thanks, Denki!):

• Accused One takes place on a smaller scale than the original VP because, being a human, Wilfred lacks the ability to fly over the whole world in a flash.
• VP2 focused mainly on just Silmeria. VP1 focused on the einherjar. People liked that a lot, so they're bringing it back (yay!).
• However, they hope there will be a heightened connection to the mortal characters as you interact with them human-to-human rather than through the cold detachment of Valkyrie objectivity.
• They also think you'll feel a greater connection as characters may live or die or become allies or enemies by the choices you make in the game. At the end of chapters, you'll make decisions that cause the story (and Wilfred's role) to diverge.
• The einherjar are all new, and there are a considerable number of them -- but they won't say how many yet.

I wasn't really clear on the stuff about the timeline (which is a complete mess after VP2 anyway) or the staff involvement (tri-Ace, Sakuraba, the Yoshinaris). But I'm liking a lot of what's being said about the game.

Wow, this game sounds like a world class game :D

My Hype increased by ten levels.

Aeana

ethelred said:

Boo. :(

ethelred said:

This could make it better, though.

I greatly prefer the way the story is presented in VP2 over VP1... VP1 is far too impersonal.

ethelred

Aeana said:
Boo. :(

This could make it better, though.

I greatly prefer the way the story is presented in VP2 over VP1... VP1 is far too impersonal.

It does at least sound like that's what they're trying to do: return a lot of focus to meeting different einherjar, while making it more personal by connecting them to the main character more strongly. Whether they'll succeed with that sort of balancing act is something we'll have to see, but I like that they're making the attempt. I liked VP1's rather unorthodox structuring.

Even though I prefer VP2 to VP overall, I'm glad that einherjars are more than just goodie bags again. Really, in VP2, they may have as well not existed (save for some with mildly interesting background stories) and it was sometimes a hassle having them in your party, whereas in the original, it was always something to look forward to.

Glad to see there will be loads of em! I'm liking the sound of this! Hopefully the visuals improve at some point though (and please give us profile view dungeons with awesome platforming >.>)

DENKO

Characters profile:

Wilfred:Hero(or antihero)

Despaired of the world and came to hate gods.
The target to promise revenge to God to is Lenneth.

The boy who is convinced that it was disturbed the happy living of the family by Lenneth which took father (Seodole) away.
He leaves the village for the revenge of the dead younger sister for starvation with mother who suffered from psychological disorder mind.
He originally have a gentle character, but shut a heart for revenge.

Seodole:Father of Wilfred.

He loved a family and had a strong sense of responsibility, and it was a soldier respected by neighboring soldiers.
He protect the friend in a battlefield and am killed in action, and it is chosen in Einherijar afterwards by Lenneth.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Dragona Akehi said:
I'm still a little disappointed we don't get to play as Lenneth. I bet Wilfred will be another annoying Alicia.

Well, I am disappointed that the lead is a male.

I thought the Valkyrie Profile series has always been about strong females

ethelred

Chris Michael said:
Sorry for the bump, but I couldn't understand the interview portion where they describe the gameplay.

How does this game play?

Touchpen-only. You have to write out what you'd like to engrave on the souls if your enemies, and the faster you string together kanji, the better your combos will be.

Ferrio

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
I'm still a little disappointed we don't get to play as Lenneth. I bet Wilfred will be another annoying Alicia.

Damn you woman, suck it up and play VP2 already!

TheChaos

Dragona Akehi said:

Jesus Christ, lady, the protagonist being wussy shouldn't scare you away from VP2 completely. Like, go change the channel or read a book or something when a scene plays if it bothers you so much.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Magicpaint said:
Even though I prefer VP2 to VP overall, I'm glad that einherjars are more than just goodie bags again. Really, in VP2, they may have as well not existed (save for some with mildly interesting background stories) and it was sometimes a hassle having them in your party, whereas in the original, it was always something to look forward to.

Glad to see there will be loads of em! I'm liking the sound of this! Hopefully the visuals improve at some point though (and please give us profile view dungeons with awesome platforming >.>)
what? the stat boosting items they gave were awesome!

and there was a story. in fact, I thought the story of the einherjars was more interesting than the one in the game.

I wish I could understand the battle bit. if it's half as good as Silmeria battle system, it'll be awesome.

DENKO

Multi-story system:

*Progress of a story of The Accused One is a chapter form.
*Scenario of an assistant character moves at the same time, too.
*It is drawn how Wilfred affects each episode.
*The development of the story changes by the choice of the action of Wilfred greatly.
*Diverge to an ally and enemy with one action at the time of the battle.
*Candidate joining a friend can die of choice of Wilfred.
*The event is abundant.
*By the action result that Wilfred chooses, a story changes, but the character of Wilfred is affected by it greatly.
*The remark contents of Wilfred change by a change of the character, too.

Battle-system:

*The big difference until now is a quarter view.
*The advantage of the battle formation, a difference of the disadvantage appear by a contact direction with the enemy.
*Connect the attack of each character allotted to each button timely and give combo attack.

Look and understand a conventional scan pic.
There may be the element which is not yet announced.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Sounding more and more promising by the moment. I can think of worse things to do to series fans than trying to bridge the disparity between an unorthodox (but oh so charming) original entry, and a much more traditional sequel.

batbeg

From our favoritest Nintendo blog I've seen some new scans from a magazine called Nintendo Dream. I'm not sure how much of it is new (this last interview on here was new to me, sounds fucking awesome - thanks Denko!) but most of it looked new to me. No idea about the text, of course, but there's lots of art and screens.

ethelred

batbeg said:
From our favoritest Nintendo blog I've seen some new scans from a magazine called Nintendo Dream. I'm not sure how much of it is new (this last interview on here was new to me, sounds fucking awesome - thanks Denko!) but most of it looked new to me. No idea about the text, of course, but there's lots of art and screens.

There were quite a few new screens in the feature. I'm rather liking how the game is looking. I still very much want to see a movie featuring in-game footage, but I'm overall pleased at the moment. One thing I liked is that on page 5 of the scans, there's a really nice sprite closeup in the upper left screens, so I'm thinking they may end up doing some high quality spritework in the cutscenes afterall (and hopefully the battles will also have excellent animation).

Well, I've always wanted a JRPG in FFXII:RW's style that wasn't an RTS. I just never expected it to be VP.

Looks great I guess, I'd really like a video though. The environments look bland.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
just saw the scans...looks really promising - can`t wait till we see it in motion.... :D

Still not really digging the looks, since I know tri-Ace can do better. :/

However, I love the look of the battle set-up and I think this will turn out very nicley.

Farore, make sure to play VP1 first :D

Top Bottom