• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

valve developing a unifying api for vr headsets, "the direct x of vr"

Krejlooc

Banned
As long as it's on the radar that's good enough for me, thanks for responding!

To clarify - valve supplies the current headtracking, and we're not sure if they'll continue support when dx9 ovr support goes poof. Remember - hl2 can run with either dx9 or ogl.

BUT long before valve revealed their own headtracking solution, we had our own, in the first release. So we might need to go back to that solution when we move to ogl. Lots of wuestions atm.

hohoXD123

Well, not being rude, but i really dont want this topic to be about me. Valve's stuff is incredible, and this topic should have lots of new info in about a week.

Hehe, regardless you're getting the oculus subreddit cautiously hyped ;)

So I'm guessing these years of collaborations will be made more apparent at GDC? Next week should be really interesting.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Thanks for all the info you've shared in this thread, Krejlooc. I enjoy staying updated on what's happening in the community.
This exactly what I came to type. Please keep us updated on current/future developments in this space, Krejlooc. And Thanks again for dropping that knowledge!

magnumpy

I pretty much post in every vr thread that catches my eye, so will do.

thanks! next week is going to be super-exciting with all the VR developments at GDC. hopefully all the standardization means I can keep using my DK2 for awhile. not that I won't buy CV1 when it's available...

Top Bottom